List Mgmt. Welcome Tom Lamb Pick 32 2014 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as i'd like to see Lamb Sandwich, even if Darling is injured, i doubt Lamb who's only just overcome his own injury would get the first crack.

Big Fraser has sat on our list for 3 years so you'd think he would have first dibs. He still hasn't even made his debut yet.

Unlikely I know, but I can still be hopeful.

As much as i'd like to see Lamb Sandwich, even if Darling is injured, i doubt Lamb who's only just overcome his own injury would get the first crack.

Big Fraser has sat on our list for 3 years so you'd think he would have first dibs. He still hasn't even made his debut yet.

I'd hope they'd play McGovern forward if Darling is injured. No need for McInnes or Lamb.

Hasn't really demanded a debut tbh.

Kennedy didn't set the world on fire at Caaaaarlton early on and they had very little up forward.

The one thing the Eagles have done is drafted / traded in good tall's all over the ground.

McInnes is also our 4th (backup to the backup) ruckman from reports.

The fact that Brown and Schofield can play tall and on smalls is a great advantage. It means we can swing McGovern forward during games.

I can see if McInnes gets a call up and we don't have a game day injury he gets subbed out in the 3rd, we push McGovern forward and another runner is injected into the midfield / high half forward role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe. Lamb in my opinion is a more riskier pick however may have a higher ceiling.

May have the higher ceiling? He has one of the highest, if not the highest upside in this entire draft.
If he pans out, he'll be absolutely ridiculous. And then we'll be selling both Naitanui and Lamb wigs.

Need to stop doing the Lamb vs Blakely comparison.

We didn't take Blakely because we didn't need another vanilla workhorse midfielder with a lower ceiling.

Taking a punt on Lamb's potential X factor was the 1 aggressive thing we did in the draft. I liked the idea.

I have no doubt Blakely will have many more runs on the board after the next couple of seasons, but he wasn't what we needed at the time.

Ha, will be interesting to read this board if Lamb flops, which isn't entirely out of the question. Posters are happy to take chances on players until it backfires.

But every single pick you take in the draft is taking a chance. Gotta risk it for the biscuit. We needed flair / X in our team to advance and the club has taken the punt with Tom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back