Toast Well Done

Remove this Banner Ad

Great game you guys. Richardson did his homework well and has uncovered a bunch of things that we'll have to look at over the bye. Flat as hell that we lost but if we had to drop one I'm glad it was in a performance for Lenny Hayes retirement. Super player and bloke.

Congrats again, Saints 2015 might surprise a few people if they can bring that sort of effort more often.

Great game you guys. Richardson did his homework well and has uncovered a bunch of things that we'll have to look at over the bye. Flat as hell that we lost but if we had to drop one I'm glad it was in a performance for Lenny Hayes retirement. Super player and bloke.

Congrats again, Saints 2015 might surprise a few people if they can bring that sort of effort more often.

Thanks.

We were the better team TODAY. But lets be realistic.

Freo were obviously psychologically down, from the start they didn't look interested, also they are probably gearing up for a tilt at the flag with some tough training at the moment.

Couple that with the fact the Saints changed structure with three talls and Roo on a wing, Fisher running into form and the boy cracking in for Lenny, it all came together for us.

Freo had a shocker and Saints fully deserved to win, but I think that loss will be a very good thing for the Dockers in the longer run. Maybe a rethink by some players about what is needed to win the flag.

And that cant be bad for your boys.

Gotta give credit where credit is due. You ******* smashed us. Freo playing the worst they have in a long time and St.Kilda playing the best they have in a long time.

Well done. (Y)
thanks Yello Mit.
You guys are obviously the better team, but we had the better of you tonight. Thanks for being respectful.
Good luck for the finals.

Congratulations guys. You smashed us, and just every single thing seemed to go right for your boys tonight (the exact opposite for us). And to the poster above who suggested we maybe had some heavy training this week: nah, RTB said we had a light training week, so no excuses. You were the better team.

Last edited:
Yeah, got to give it where it's due - thought the Saints looked golden today.

It's so important when struggling near the bottom of the table to get these sorts of wins to remind us all that a team is never as far away from success as it might seem, so well done and savour it - Lenny deserves it, and the fans that stick through thick and thin deserve it. Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks.

We were the better team TODAY. But lets be realistic.

Freo were obviously psychologically down, from the start they didn't look interested, also they are probably gearing up for a tilt at the flag with some tough training at the moment.

Couple that with the fact the Saints changed structure with three talls and Roo on a wing, Fisher running into form and the boy cracking in for Lenny, it all came together for us.

Freo had a shocker and Saints fully deserved to win, but I think that loss will be a very good thing for the Dockers in the longer run. Maybe a rethink by some players about what is needed to win the flag.

And that cant be bad for your boys.

Sorry to intrude but I disagree just a tad. Freo have given themselves a massive headache (as have we at North) with yesterdays loss. They may now miss top 4 and they could ill afford to come over thinking they just had to run out to get the job done.

Footy just doesn't work that way. Although ladder positions suggest it should have been an easy win, the Saints yesterday had one of its more experienced lineups out there with Fisher and Gwilt back over the last couple of weeks. I counted up at least 8 players who figured in your tilts at the flag just 4/5 years ago. Couple that with Lenny's announcement during the week and there was plenty going for your boys. Sure some of those 8 are near the end but with some really exciting kids coming in over the last year and a bit, in my view there was absolutely no reason for complacency on the part of Freo.

Importantly also with Bruce played up forward to provide some real grunt and desperation, the ability to win more of the ball in the forward line was much enhanced.

And, very glad Lenny didn't announce his retirement a week earlier.

There is still a way to go but i think the Saints are on the right track

Remove this Banner Ad

Back