Well Rookie here...

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you reckon we'll take? Who do you want? Any chance of us taking a tall forward? Chuck in PSD stuff too if you're keen.

I reckon we should get the Sudanese born Ruckman Gach Nyuon. Come at me.
He's about 11kg isn't he Dockernut? We let Moller go, not sure we'll be into a skinny project ruckman.

I'm going to put myself up for ridicule (what's new) and stick by my earlier call for Bootsma. Kid has apparently done everything right since returning to Peel, working hard around the club and keeping his phone firmly shut.

With no Duffield now we really lack a penetrating kick from deep in defence. I think other teams know this, which allows them to run a much shallower and tighter press, which we really seem unable to penetrate at times. With a player capable of hitting a target at 60m, it means the press has to be a lot larger and a lot looser - see the Eagles use of Shannon Hurn to get "over the back".

I know Bootsma is skinny, and will never be able to play on the monster, but I think he is capable of taking the second or third tall he is a great kick.

Cue laughter :)

Who do you reckon we'll take? Who do you want? Any chance of us taking a tall forward? Chuck in PSD stuff too if you're keen.

I reckon we should get the Sudanese born Ruckman Gach Nyuon. Come at me.

No idea who we'll take but I want either JGM , Jack Agostino or Liam Jeffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW, I just want a Key Forward full stop. Grimley or Watson on a 1 year deal will do. Even if they are just in the squad to make up numbers / train. Could come in handy as a last resort if Pav, Apeness & Taberner all get injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's about 11kg isn't he Dockernut? We let Moller go, not sure we'll be into a skinny project ruckman.

I'm going to put myself up for ridicule (what's new) and stick by my earlier call for Bootsma. Kid has apparently done everything right since returning to Peel, working hard around the club and keeping his phone firmly shut.

With no Duffield now we really lack a penetrating kick from deep in defence. I think other teams know this, which allows them to run a much shallower and tighter press, which we really seem unable to penetrate at times. With a player capable of hitting a target at 60m, it means the press has to be a lot larger and a lot looser - see the Eagles use of Shannon Hurn to get "over the back".

I know Bootsma is skinny, and will never be able to play on the monster, but I think he is capable of taking the second or third tall he is a great kick.

Cue laughter :)
I rather skinny with great disposal , then big and bad disposal.

I think we should take Bootsma. Kid is smart, we need players who can kick & his left boot is dynamite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then we can slowly phase out some player we don't need.

This guy will be picked up. Bookmark it
If Jimmy Miller is picked up by us then we must have done a great job hiding him at the State Draft Combine too.

His results were:

Running Vertical Jump: OK off right leg, last off left leg.
Vertical Jump: Equal 7th last.
20m Sprint: 5th last.
Agility: Equal 4th last.
Beep Test: Stone motherless last.
Repeat Sprints: 2nd last (that Darcy Cameron must be Slow Poke Rodriguez's twin brother).

http://www.wafootball.com.au/news/9553/state-draft-combine-results-put-wafl-players-in-spotlight

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back