Media Well, that was unexpected

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, where do I start? Did not expect to turn on the old tapatalk today and see a Christmas message from The Filth Wizard today, which was actually a massive turd poorly wrapped left on my front step. You arse. ;)

raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif

Not going to lie to anyone today. Massively disappointed with whole situation. I honestly thought I was working hard behind the scenes with Noobz0r on recruiting for the upcoming season. While, this had mostly proved fruitless, we were still working on some people in the hope they would join, our plans with the leadership group also included a remaking of the Alberton Swamprats which would of included a potential name change, amongst other things. One of the worst things was one of the new Dragons recruits was one we targeted as well.
I was completely blindsided by this, discovering that something 'big' was going to be announced minutes before I saw this thread. I wish noobz had at least discussed any concerns he had with myself before signing with the Dragons, but hey - what can you do?

So where does this leave the Swamprats after losing the 8th best poster as voted by the SFA?

To be perfectly honest - I don't know. I really don't.

So, I'm going to talk about myself for a second.

What have I achieved since coming on as Co-Captain?

I have lead the Swamprats to a 12 win, 23 loss record with no finals over two years.
I assisted in the signing of ShaunDuggan and The Jet, both of whom are no longer at the club.
I have brought in a few Port based posters with only I_Dont_Care staying around and excelling.
I have lost three members of my leadership group this season alone.
These include the prolific MoOP , who went to the wooden spooners and noobz who I recently promoted to Co-Captain.
Active posters (those who average more than 10 posts a game thread) are at an all time low.
I have personally PM'd over 20 current players, new players and randoms this off-season alone with not one positive response.
In fact the one poster that publicly declared themselves available has yet to reply to my PM from well over a week ago.
I made a thread telling players to 'Apply Within' - the total amount of PM's I received was zero.

I'm sure there is more, but this is depressing enough as it is. So, as such, I feel the best thing for the Swamprats to try to survive this 'minor inconvenience' is resign as Captain. It's been a hard slog, tagging inactives week after week trying to drum up some involvement and then working even harder in the off season to find new recruits with failure after failure and then with todays announcement I don't think I have it in me for a while and unfortunately this is when we do need it.

While I feel I've failed as a Captain, I will still actively try to assist the Swampies in getting new recruits. But I fully endorse MannumPower and I_Dont_Care to take over leading the charge. MP rebirthed the Swampies with some massive recruiting early on and he is back from a holiday reinvigorated and IDC is an up and comer with the upper SFA posters and is beginning to make his presence felt.

So, please stick with us and maybve come along for the ride - it's only uphill from here...

So by helping the Swamprats you throw your rattle out of the pram instead of knuckling down and doing the hard work?

Pathetic.

So by helping the Swamprats you throw your rattle out of the pram instead of knuckling down and doing the hard work?

Pathetic.
Over one poster.

Imagine if Rick had done that when I stole Doggies.

Pathetic.

Still staying here, still going to assist in recruiting, still going to be working at the rebranding of the Swamprats, still going to be a leader...

I'm just clearly not a Captain's a-hole - I've lost three of my most prolific posters this season and brought in exactly zero.
Perhaps the club needs a new face to lead us out of this quagmire...

Pathetic.
He's obviously burnt out from trying to do all the hard work all year and getting nowhere, and then on top of that their best poster leaves and recently appointed co-captain leaves.

But sure, attack him, and ignore everything he's done for the Rats and ignore the fact he's also still sticking with them and helping them out.

Well, where do I start? Did not expect to turn on the old tapatalk today and see a Christmas message from The Filth Wizard today, which was actually a massive turd poorly wrapped left on my front step. You arse. ;)

raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif

Not going to lie to anyone today. Massively disappointed with whole situation. I honestly thought I was working hard behind the scenes with Noobz0r on recruiting for the upcoming season. While, this had mostly proved fruitless, we were still working on some people in the hope they would join, our plans with the leadership group also included a remaking of the Alberton Swamprats which would of included a potential name change, amongst other things. One of the worst things was one of the new Dragons recruits was one we targeted as well.
I was completely blindsided by this, discovering that something 'big' was going to be announced minutes before I saw this thread. I wish noobz had at least discussed any concerns he had with myself before signing with the Dragons, but hey - what can you do?

So where does this leave the Swamprats after losing the 8th best poster as voted by the SFA?

To be perfectly honest - I don't know. I really don't.

So, I'm going to talk about myself for a second.

What have I achieved since coming on as Co-Captain?

I have lead the Swamprats to a 12 win, 23 loss record with no finals over two years.
I assisted in the signing of ShaunDuggan and The Jet, both of whom are no longer at the club.
I have brought in a few Port based posters with only I_Dont_Care staying around and excelling.
I have lost three members of my leadership group this season alone.
These include the prolific MoOP , who went to the wooden spooners and noobz who I recently promoted to Co-Captain.
Active posters (those who average more than 10 posts a game thread) are at an all time low.
I have personally PM'd over 20 current players, new players and randoms this off-season alone with not one positive response.
In fact the one poster that publicly declared themselves available has yet to reply to my PM from well over a week ago.
I made a thread telling players to 'Apply Within' - the total amount of PM's I received was zero.

I'm sure there is more, but this is depressing enough as it is. So, as such, I feel the best thing for the Swamprats to try to survive this 'minor inconvenience' is resign as Captain. It's been a hard slog, tagging inactives week after week trying to drum up some involvement and then working even harder in the off season to find new recruits with failure after failure and then with todays announcement I don't think I have it in me for a while and unfortunately this is when we do need it.

While I feel I've failed as a Captain, I will still actively try to assist the Swampies in getting new recruits. But I fully endorse MannumPower and I_Dont_Care to take over leading the charge. MP rebirthed the Swampies with some massive recruiting early on and he is back from a holiday reinvigorated and IDC is an up and comer with the upper SFA posters and is beginning to make his presence felt.

So, please stick with us and maybve come along for the ride - it's only uphill from here...
Mate, the Swampies match thread last season was one of the most enjoyable, no one person is irreplaceable so stick it out, the only way is up.

Still staying here, still going to assist in recruiting, still going to be working at the rebranding of the Swamprats, still going to be a leader...

I'm just clearly not a Captain's a-hole - I've lost three of my most prolific posters this season and brought in exactly zero.
Perhaps the club needs a new face to lead us out of this quagmire...
You're the best option and you are wussying out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pathetic.
not as pathetic as your wooden spoon.

Spooks has done a fine job under extremely difficult circumstances, and he will continue to do a fine job alongside me as we continue to work hard for the Swamprats.

He's obviously burnt out from trying to do all the hard work all year and getting nowhere, and then on top of that their best poster leaves and recently appointed co-captain leaves.

But sure, attack him, and ignore everything he's done for the Rats and ignore the fact he's also still sticking with them and helping them out.
They have no legitimate captain waiting in the wings.

So yeah I will have a go.

He does more harm not being captain.

not as pathetic as your wooden spoon.

Spooks has done a fine job under extremely difficult circumstances, and he will continue to do a fine job alongside me as we continue to work hard for the Swamprats.
Ha ha.

At least I have a full team of active posters. Plus I took MoOP.

Spookism obviously doesn't want to be captain.

And somebody who doesn't want to be captain but is forced into it is far worse than someone who might be a bit green, but actually wants to take up the captaincy.

Just ask Ryan Griffen.

Spooks had I honestly known this I would have joined the Rats to help you

Shattered for you
It's still the off-season. You can give the Gumbies a 'thanks but no thanks' and join the Swamprats and help lead them. Let's face it, the Gumbies don't need anymore posters.

#Leo2Alberton

Spookism obviously doesn't want to be captain.

And somebody who doesn't want to be captain but is forced into it is far worse than someone who might be a bit green, but actually wants to take up the captaincy.

Just ask Ryan Griffen.
So who captains? And don't say Mr Inactive in MP.

Fair enough not wanting to captain and giving up but have a replacement.

Where does it say the captain has to play for the team? ClarkeM will captain the Swamprats.

no legitimate captain eh

So who captains? And don't say Mr Inactive in MP.

Fair enough not wanting to captain and giving up but have a replacement.
Check the post. MannumPower and I_Dont_Care.

Nobody's saying spookism isn't an awesome player, because he is. But maybe he doesn't want to captain and he shouldn't be made to if that is the case. Give it to a couple of people that want it and are prepared to lead the charge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back