Media Well, that was unexpected

Remove this Banner Ad

Having different views on something makes me simple does it?

That makes total sense. :drunk:

Why not blame WGS, or Soggy, or Nathan_Muihuifhusdi32849urjewimrw??
That's a very simple response. Keep at it champ, you'll get it.

Okay, so we all agree with the Alberton name - so a quick question, we change the name, keep the Swamprats, still have me, MP and IDC with no other confirmations on players joining (yet) and I ask you to join the Swamprats, do you?

Okay, so we all agree with the Alberton name - so a quick question, we change the name, keep the Swamprats, still have me, MP and IDC with no other confirmations on players joining (yet) and I ask you to join the Swamprats, do you?
Nope. Reasons stated above.

The aesthetics just aren't there.

The Alberton was your heart of the team. That's what enticed Port supporters. Change your target market and you change your entire place in the system.

Swamprat needs to stay, destination and maybe a slight change in colour scheme would make it enticing. HOWEVER THE SWAMPRAT NEEDS TO STAY.

It's unique to the league, it's an awesome name/mascot.
It is unique, and I love it, but it's probably why they're having problems recruiting.

I love the culture the Swamprats have. They're the lovable bogans of the league, who come to the Christmas Party drunk and rowdy yet don't give a * and they have a great self-deprecating humor.

But is that enticing to a rookie?

I think both Alberton and Swamprats don't give off the greatest vibe, but if I had to pick, it would certainly be the Swamprat that is gone.

You're suggesting our gun recruit leave us to help a struggling club because we are travelling alright yet you left us when we were struggling without hesitation.

Seems contradictory to me mate.
You brought him to the club knowing he would leave.

Edit: Not you specifically, the Gumbies.

You're suggesting our gun recruit leave us to help a struggling club because we are travelling alright yet you left us when we were struggling without hesitation.

Seems contradictory to me mate.
You guys weren't struggling like the Swampies.

But I digress. I still stand by my suggestion to Uncle_Leo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You brought him to the club knowing he would leave.

Edit: Not you specifically, the Gumbies.

Yes but the fact we were on our knees prior to him leaving is my point. This is why GETSOMENUTS decided to stay, to help us out. It is common knowledge that at times in early S17 there was myself & BB leading the charge and he was still happy to bail. Suddenly he cares for a strugling club?

Yes but the fact we were on our knees prior to him leaving is my point. This is why GETSOMENUTS decided to stay, to help us out. It is common knowledge that at times in early S17 there was myself & BB leading the charge and he was still happy to bail. Suddenly he cares for a strugling club?
Mate, Bosh is one of the nicest guys in the league.

Stop trying to twist this into something that isn't there.

You guys weren't struggling like the Swampies.

But I digress. I still stand by my suggestion to Uncle_Leo.

I think that's bullshit, I was living it and can sympathise greatly with spookism

It was common knowledge that we were struggling for activity and recruiting players was difficult. Luckily some of our numerous recruits worked and some hard worked payed off but during that season you must have known we were in trouble yet you still bailed

Well in the space of a shortwhile we already have two new signings and a couple more potentially on there way...

All thanks to ClarkeM ... truly unexpected and truly appreciated.

Does go back to reinforce my earlier point though, love being part of the leadership group but I don't inspire enough.
Good luck MannumPower and I look forward to working with you and I_Dont_Care as we finish the Re-Brand and continue to recruit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back