FTA-TV Wentworth

Remove this Banner Ad

"Take care of your mother."

pulp-fiction_1.jpg

"Take care of her?"

The whole Fletch white powder thing was dumb. If the white powder were illegal drugs why would he keep it in a transparent Tupperware container in his locker, and wouldn't he be searched prior to entering the prison and would've explained the powder was amino acids already?? I found that whole story arc lazy writing in order to push Vera's character to the point of killing her horrible mother. This season (so far) is not as good as the first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oops,you're right.Still not sure what she's up to.What damage could taking those do to someone who doesn't need to take them ?

Fletch v Frankie - hope it continues
Must google the thickening agent and see what the side effects are. Surely it will have something to do with Jayden Holt.

I reckon Fletch's character is developing into the shows best. He is on the edge. Loved his run in with Franky, she was shittin bricks.

Must google the thickening agent and see what the side effects are. Surely it will have something to do with Jayden Holt.

I reckon Fletch's character is developing into the shows best. He is on the edge. Loved his run in with Franky, she was shittin bricks.
"I'm going to get that (fwordnotgoose)". inb4 expected Vera moment.

The "Vinegar ****" nickname was Vera Bennetts nickname in the original "Prisoner" show;

"Vera Bennett is Wentworth Detention Centre's first "nasty" officer. She has worked in prisons since she was 21. She doesn't put up with any of the inmates nonsense, and is always tough, nasty, and hard with them. The inmates as a result, call her Vinegar ****, but rarely to her face. Her nickname is thanks to Franky Doyle, who blamed it on Bea Smith, causing Vera to immediately find Bea and her gang to inform them that she'll "fix the lot of them" if the nickname was ever mentioned by one more inmate."

The whole Fletch white powder thing was dumb. If the white powder were illegal drugs why would he keep it in a transparent Tupperware container in his locker, and wouldn't he be searched prior to entering the prison and would've explained the powder was amino acids already?? I found that whole story arc lazy writing in order to push Vera's character to the point of killing her horrible mother. This season (so far) is not as good as the first.

yep, this annoyed me as well.

brb just smuggling illegal drugs into a prison to keep in my lunch box on the top shelf of my locker. ffs surely there would even be another officer that could back up his claims by saying "actually i did see fletch mixing up that powder with his regular protein shake at smoko this morning".

Exactly the point. I think the scene was to show how stupid and gulible Vera was to think he'd keep illegal substances there....

Not sure i understand why people are having ago at the Vera/Fletch story line.

Vera knows he had thoughts of shooting Meg Jackson in the head, had the unpleasant experience of almost being raped by him, knows he has a full on bad verging on violent temper, assumes (like Joan and Jackson does) that he is on the edge of a breakdown, and drugs have been found in the prison causing a death.

Vera is also on the verge of a breakdown with the stress of home life, so is it any wonder she automatically suspects something when he drops a small sachet of white powder?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back