Were you an agitator?

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
I've only ever emailed the club once - When the logo changed to raptor head -

I got a response saying that my thoughts were taken on board and forwarded to the relevant people

I guess atleast they replied, but they obviously didn't give a rat's toss bag about my opinion

6BTS

Club Legend
May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, King James
Stand By Your Man

Here's an interesting bit of history. At the end of 78, Carlton got Trigg to sign a form of intention for him to play for them. In 79 he went across to Carlton and did pre-season training with them before returning to Adelaide and waited for a call. Carlton never called and actually recycled the letter of intent to lure across Ken Hunter. IMO they made the right call overlooking Trigg back then, maybe they should have overlooked him again? It worked out well the first time they did.

Bosley

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 9, 2008
Port Hedland
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide United, QPR

I got a response saying that my thoughts were taken on board and forwarded to the relevant people

I guess atleast they replied, but they obviously didn't give a rat's toss bag about my opinion

On the Port board the other day I saw one of their own made the comment that they must have the worst logo in the comp. So maybe everyone thinks that about their own. I reckon they might get an updated version of theirs next year, just a feeling. I really think we will too.

Crowbots are dead

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
W

seriously what would you expect. You want the club to devote its limited resources to tailor a response for each individual? This is the world gone mad.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Wseriously what would you expect. You want the club to devote its limited resources to tailor a response for each individual? This is the world gone mad.

I didn't expect anything - I just found myself emailing them after I first saw how awful the new logo was - I don't know what I thought it would do but I just did it -

It was nice that they replied, but I doubt the content of the response ended up happening... which is also fine because of the point you raised..

I just thought that anecdote was relevant to this thread...

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I was an anonymous blogger

Clearly we 'anonymous bloggers' had some impact or at least our thoughts were heard and known to exist amongst the supporter base. I've searched Kane McGoodwin 's post regarding fall in sponsorship revenue, which he quotes as $1.7m. Within that number may be the agitators that had the most impact on pressure being applied to Trigg's position.

headache1

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Apr 10, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings, Arsenal
I sent the club a few emails, I certainly agitated on here. Probably more importantly though (probably not really), as I followed the whole mess with a lot more interest than most of the people I know who are Crows supporters, I managed to convince a lot of them that things were not well within the AFC, and these people went on to do the same with others. In the grand scheme of things, it likely didn't make a lick of difference, but these were the kinds of people that generally believed the AFC could do no wrong.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
image.jpg
I emailed the club regarding the bump between Lynch and Viney and received a satisfactory response. Didn't think I would get one so thought that was ok.
It made me feel if I ever wanted to email the club again re a club matter, there is somebody there who's job it is to read and respond to fan emails appropriately.
Other than that I googled pics of agitators and got this.:)

Clearly we 'anonymous bloggers' had some impact or at least our thoughts were heard and known to exist amongst the supporter base. I've searched Kane McGoodwin 's post regarding fall in sponsorship revenue, which he quotes as $1.7m. Within that number may be the agitators that had the most impact on pressure being applied to Trigg's position.
The thread was our annual report or something alike.

Anyone want to deny that one of our sponsors diverted AFC sponsorship to Trigg to pay for him directly when under suspension... Mind you at least we didn't try & pay him direct unlike Dons & Hird... but still wrong & real cost to AFC & season ticket holder cost.

Why was Trigg kept on when he was so good with sponsors - yet lost $1.7M, meanwhile paying out $2m more in admin costs...

Thanks goodness this weak excuse for a CEO is gone... & we have someone who demands best practice & doesn't just talk bullshit whilst bleeding us dry - both financially & successfully.

Viva the ROOvolution!

ManInTheArena

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think it was difficult for the club as soon as they agreed not to talk about the proceedings that occurred with the AFL (after they told supporters they would) and kept Trigg on. Two huge mistakes. From then on they were trying to polish a turd.

Having said that they were never going to respond to anyone in writing declaring innocence by providing details (which would be illegal) or say "yeah you're right, Trigg is s**t, I'll go sack him now". What did people seriously expect or want the club to reply in writing?

Anyone who did complain to the club should be satisfied that Trigg is gone rather than offended by an unrealistic expectation that you would get a response in writing.

No I wasn't an agitator, apart from on BigFooty, and I think I was measured on here anyway, but hats of to all the agitators because you'd be kidding yourself if you didn't play a large role in Trigg leaving.

Now, I have no beef with Trigg but the agitators forced a change that I think is best for the club, and I'm all about outcomes and utilitarianism.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
The thread was our annual report or something alike.

Anyone want to deny that one of our sponsors diverted AFC sponsorship to Trigg to pay for him directly when under suspension... Mind you at least we didn't try & pay him direct unlike Dons & Hird... but still wrong & real cost to AFC & season ticket holder cost.

Why was Trigg kept on when he was so good with sponsors - yet lost $1.7M, meanwhile paying out $2m more in admin costs...

Thanks goodness this weak excuse for a CEO is gone... & we have someone who demands best practice & doesn't just talk bullshit whilst bleeding us dry - both financially & successfully.

Viva the ROOvolution!

$1.7m is a fair bit more than 6 months of trigg + his fine. It suggests that many sponsors did walk despite the 'signing back on in droves' claim. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Trigg was consulting to a major sponsor during his suspension period, but that alone cannot account for the total variance. A couple pulling the plug could be easily explained away, but in excess of $1million, warrants some serious questions being asked. I wouldn't be surprised if Trigg had misled the board regarding the value of sponsor re-signings. Nor would it shock me if Chapman trusted him on that matter.

Apsaalooke

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Ozark Mountain Daredevils
The worst part of the post-Tippett proceedings for me was when Chapman was asked why we didn't stand up to the AFL sanctions and he angrily replied that we did stand up. They wanted more, he said, they wanted sackings! Well guess what Rob, they were right.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
Whoever Cyril is who rings 5AA I take my hat off to him. I was a Trigg detractor long before Tippetgate, but "Cyril" was one of the original agitators and was the first to publicly voice their opinion and bag Trigg's performance on 5AA back when Neil Craig was still coach and refer to Trigg as Mr Mediocrity.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
They would breach the agreement they have with the AFL.
There were no answers to give.

There is no unheard story of valid explanation kept under wraps by the AFL.

The questioning was important IMO, whether it was answered or not. The club needed to know that not everyone would swallow their bullshit even if the local media and a large portion of our fans didn't care.

ManInTheArena

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
There were no answers to give.

There is no unheard story of valid explanation kept under wraps by the AFL.

The questioning was important IMO, whether it was answered or not. The club needed to know that not everyone would swallow their bullshit even if the local media and a large portion of our fans didn't care.
I agree, obviously they were guilty but they then shafted themselves with a confidentiality clause and were stupid enough to think they could bob along failing to give us any detail and hoping we'd ignore it happened.

Back