2nds Werribee v Frankston, Sunday 2pm Avalon Airport Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

NB are not on death thrones - fact. AS someone who chats to people associated with the footy club it's been disappointing that nth Melb players are not contributing. Aaron black is not in great form and shouldn't be consided

Interesting choice of subject for a first ever post by a Hawk fan.

I have a huge amount of respect for North Ballarat, it has been a really good working relationship with North. But the AFL decision to pull us out of Ballarat and replace us with the Bulldogs, who already have their own stand alone side, is the beginning of the end for the Roosters. Gerald is super coach, but even he can't do much with the squad provided for him. The poor state of the side is hardly helping the development of our blokes.

The Roosters deserve better, but it has Bendigo written all over it when we finish up at the end of the season. You are in complete denial.

NicNat took a grand total of ZERO marks for WC yesterday, having little impact throughout, of course meaning the Herald Sun journo gave him 2 votes (I s**t you not).

Maj is capable of slaughtering that NicNat 2 vote game. If he plays I expect the HS to install him as Brownlow favourite post game, using the NicNat scale of what constitutes a BOG performance.

No, I am not saying that all. All I am saying is that the nth Melb listed players playing for NB have not been making contributions this season. We have had a great association with Nth Melb 3 flags in 3 years. It will be disappointing to see it end. All I am doing issuing the truth and the facts are that Aaron Black all season has not made an significant contribution. As NB have been struggling they have been looking to the nth Melb players for an contribution as yet we have yet to see them stand up. Brad Mckenzie is going now where.

No, I am not saying that all. All I am saying is that the nth Melb listed players playing for NB have not been making contributions this season. We have had a great association with Nth Melb 3 flags in 3 years. It will be disappointing to see it end. All I am doing issuing the truth and the facts are that Aaron Black all season has not made an significant contribution. As NB have been struggling they have been looking to the nth Melb players for an contribution as yet we have yet to see them stand up. Brad Mckenzie is going now where.
You're really not telling us anything we don't know. As others have mentioned, the North listed players are playing at NB for a reason. You sign on with an AFL club surely you'd expect to get handed the players that are either horribly out of form, coming back from injury or aren't 100% commited to footy.

NB are not on death thrones - fact. AS someone who chats to people associated with the footy club it's been disappointing that nth Melb players are not contributing. Aaron black is not in great form and shouldn't be consided

NB's current group is well below VFL quality and they have scrapped their development team which means the pathway into the senior team isn't great.

The ironic thing about our best performing VFL players is that they are all in the positions that are the least of our problems....

Currie starring.....but only plays if Goldy goes on holidays
Daw in great form.....but must push out one of Dish, Waite, or Brown
McMahon had a great month.....but our small defender stocks are pretty healthy
Turner sounds like had a good game.....but Nahas has his spot

The ones we need performing....

Harper....2 weeks
Garner.....2 weeks
BMac.....2 weeks
Mullett....2 weeks (match fitness)

F***en footy gods.

NicNat took a grand total of ZERO marks for WC yesterday, having little impact throughout, of course meaning the Herald Sun journo gave him 2 votes (I s**t you not).

Maj is capable of slaughtering that NicNat 2 vote game. If he plays I expect the HS to install him as Brownlow favourite post game, using the NicNat scale of what constitutes a BOG performance.

No he's not. NicNat dominated in the ruck and Maj and his two foot jumping wouldn't come close.

I reckon Maj can go a bit better than 2ft :

Exhibit A
upload_2015-5-24_23-12-50.jpeg

Exhibit B
upload_2015-5-24_23-15-54.jpeg

Exhibit C
images

No he's not. NicNat dominated in the ruck and Maj and his two foot jumping wouldn't come close.

The point being that Nic Nat did nothing, other than feature in a couple of taps to ground which he cleared forward in trademark fashion. Other WC players dominated all day. 2 votes - highlight reel...........all twenty seconds of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F*** Fordham's stats are impressive. We should seriously consider promoting him, why else put Narni on the LTI? We have no other outside runners performing, heck, he even laid tackles. No other rookie is performing this well.

Shame Brad and the match committee won't look outside their designated 30 players.

Two quality arc to arc game for Fordham. Reckon there would have been a fair few handball receives in that game. Equal most marks in the match too, and I'd bet all were uncontested.

If you look at his I50/R50 numbers and compare them to Werribee's prime movers in Bolton, Conway and Speight you will see the role that they want Fordham to play at AFL level. The three Werribee players average 1.3 R50's each and average almost 7 I50's each. Will had 3 I50's and 4 R50's (equal most) so he is being asked to get back to help generate drive and get forward and provide an attacking presence. A s**t load of marks means he is also busting his nut, as do 5 tackles, so I'd say the coaches would be very, very happy with his last two weeks.

That's an absolutely massive game by Currie.

I know he isn't a favourite around here as he has battled at AFL level but credit where it is due.

He must be giving the VFL a red hot go at the moment and giving himself every chance.

I know he isn't a favourite around here as he has battled at AFL level but credit where it is due.

He must be giving the VFL a red hot go at the moment and giving himself every chance.

Something that has been greatly overstated on this board imo.

For a tiny sample of games he's shown some really strong marking and good signs.

I wish our side was more accountable as a whole so we could play multiple ruckman like Sydney or Hawthorn are able to.

Something that has been greatly overstated on this board imo.

For a tiny sample of games he's shown some really strong marking and good signs.

I wish our side was more accountable as a whole so we could play multiple ruckman like Sydney or Hawthorn are able to.

Agree. He has also usually been played out of position at AFL level in that tiny sample (which is always used as an excuse for AFL regulars to dismiss terrible form over a much longer period but for Currie it meant his papers were marked).

It may also be that he has improved, and certainly putting himself in the position to earn another game if a spot opens up or we restructure.

Agree. He has also usually been played out of position at AFL level in that tiny sample (which is always used as an excuse for AFL regulars to dismiss terrible form over a much longer period but for Currie it meant his papers were marked).

It may also be that he has improved, and certainly putting himself in the position to earn another game if a spot opens up or we restructure.

The only spot Currie will be getting is elsewhere unfortunately, we as a club need to start rewarding good form at the lower level.

What isn't available via stats is Currie's aggression, that shouldn't be underestimated.

I was miffed at the reaction on here when he played. Except for a dropped mark or 2 he played ok for his first couple of runs imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back