2nds West Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - Round 11 @ Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Great question.
Firstly, I'm pumped that our footy club is having to deal with such delicate matters. It is, in it's truest form, a football club.
I think we'll go out there to win anything and everything we can. However, as with any great club, A-Grade should always be prioritised. Reserve and underage premierships may be building blocks towards a strong culture but A-grade premierships is what a club is ultimately renowned for.
I don't think we'll take any drastic measures to ensure fitness. I think they'll want to keep players 'on the edge' rather than rest individuals. E.g. If Paul Stewart is on the fringe, he'll play for the Maggies regardless. I think Shiels played in both premierships for Hawthorn last year.
The dream is well and truly alive for a Magpies/Power double. I strongly believe the players, staff and supporters would LOVE to see that happen.
I guess what I was pondering (suggesting?) is that NOT finishing top in the SANFL may not necessarily be a bad thing

I guess what I was pondering (suggesting?) is that NOT finishing top in the SANFL may not necessarily be a bad thing
ahh I see. Yeah, too right. The again, we might need to get some game time into the boys on the fringe. Bit of column A/ column B, I guess.

who is the magpies ruck now? any under agers we can throw in?
Id rather get smashed in the ruck with someone who isnt trying to be groomed as a forward
Johno Ross, I wouldn't be against giving him 5 Leauge games throughout the year, another lad I could see on our Rookie list next year.

Hareen was our best Ruckman Sunday but spent minimal time in the Ruck, was baffling for supporters expecting us to play to the line!

Slightly (Well off topic) off topic, there were a few lads in the Magoos who weren't in the Budget, #36 in particular created opportunity after opportunity with harassment and pressure, could be a sneaky one to watch (very slight however) and another onballer can't for the life of me remember hos jumper number. Sam Gordon looked good again, I would love to see him given a chance in the Leauge side, him and Ross both look tantalising tallents, keeping them both will be difficult I feel. Wouldn't mind seeing Buggermann flogged on the track for a foughtnight and rested for one or both of them (Harvey same treatment)

I like Mason's goal kicking routine. Minimal scope for error as he virtually short passes it thru.
By the way if there were 1600 there yesterday I'll eat my hat. More like a thousand. That fancy
LED scoreboard had a bad habit of blacking out too.
Bottom line Westies too good on the day. Congratz

How long before it 'disappears'?

That LED scoreboard was hilarious. Didn't it cost them 100 grand? What a waste of money.

Paid for with the money that financial drain Port Adelaide makes for them by being rorted on stadium deals.

Johno Ross, I wouldn't be against giving him 5 Leauge games throughout the year, another lad I could see on our Rookie list next year.

Hareen was our best Ruckman Sunday but spent minimal time in the Ruck, was baffling for supporters expecting us to play to the line!

Slightly (Well off topic) off topic, there were a few lads in the Magoos who weren't in the Budget, #36 in particular created opportunity after opportunity with harassment and pressure, could be a sneaky one to watch (very slight however) and another onballer can't for the life of me remember hos jumper number. Sam Gordon looked good again, I would love to see him given a chance in the Leauge side, him and Ross both look tantalising tallents, keeping them both will be difficult I feel. Wouldn't mind seeing Buggermann flogged on the track for a foughtnight and rested for one or both of them (Harvey same treatment)

Concur. Ross and Gordon as 2015 rookies feels right.

hang on... i thought Westies were on the bones of their arse
how can they afford a 100k LED scoreboard?
werent they almost bankrupt and had creditors banging their doors down?

Their stated goal is to have the greatest non-AFL Australian Rules ground in the country.

Dem delusions #realfooty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hang on... i thought Westies were on the bones of their arse
how can they afford a 100k LED scoreboard?
werent they almost bankrupt and had creditors banging their doors down?

seems every year some 'cash' goes missing then amazingly reappears, $30 000 a couple of years ago, over $100 000 last year. even that new screen / scoreboard replaced a digital scoreboard they only had for a couple of years too. lots of dodgyness from a club that has only a handful of members.

I would have thought more people would have jumped on given all the players under the one club and also the form but our crowds have regressed. Not only regressed but most of the games ive been to have had the atmosphere of a morgue.

I would have thought more people would have jumped on given all the players under the one club and also the form but our crowds have regressed. Not only regressed but most of the games ive been to have had the atmosphere of a morgue.

The A's are doing better and they take up all their time and money. I reckon people went and watched the new blokes for the first 4 or 5 weeks saw them, saw a bit more footy and then said, yep things are going well, I'm concentrating on attending and watching the A's.

How many people turned up for the reserves back in the old days?

You look at the vitriol directed at the sanfl on these boards, is it any surprise people aren't going to games?

I still maintain that Adelaide Oval Home Games and Alberton Home Games has got to effect attendances. Why else did the PAFC work so hard at separating them for the past couple of years?
I have written the same in this forum previously. Even so, I'm still disappointed with the attendance figures especially with the Magpies performing so well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back