Mod. Notice West Coast Board - tell us what you think...

How good is this place?

• Don't change a thing (AKA the Woosha years)

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • I'd like some tweaks around the edges (Send Huntaaa forward) - please tell us your thoughts

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • Total rebuild - please tell us your thoughts

Votes: 11 17.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opposition supporters get far too much leniency on this board.
I have to agree with this but I would prefer if the other boards followed our model more so than us changing to they're no tolerance one. If you go to the Dockers board ( I know its the extreme end ) unless you completely suck up and be a tool they kickban you instantly, looking at you Lachy.

I don't mind the opposition banter as long as it's within reason. We don't want to have a reputation to be Nazis like the Carlton board who ban their own supporters for not being 100% positive about the club.

If you think an opposition supporter is trolling, report the post and let the mods handle it.

Who cares about the opposition trolls they usually aren't funny in anyway so easy to ignore. I like joining in on the more funnier trolling and the like.

I think people need to be a bit thicker skinned on this board. Too sensitive and too quick to take things personally. Have a joke, and if you don't like the conversation ignore it. Snide remarks and barrows being pushed with certain posters gets annoying.
The editorials that get posted in each thread about posters behaviour is a bit much sometimes and leads to the arguments...ohh * it... hey you lets fight!

We've had a pretty stable group of mods over the years and that's helped with consistency and I like that a bit more leeway is given. For those that have endorsed a less lenient board, remember that you will be judged to the same standards as others and a more restrictive regime might mean you end up on the wrong end of an infraction

I don't post much but do read through what is posted pretty regularly. IMO the mods are reasonably fair and are some of the more knowledgeable contributors. Maybe a suggestion would be to have those posters who are unhappy with the level of moderating to take over moderating duties for a week or so, just so they can show everyone how it should be done...

I don't post much but do read through what is posted pretty regularly. IMO the mods are reasonably fair and are some of the more knowledgeable contributors. Maybe a suggestion would be to have those posters who are unhappy with the level of moderating to take over moderating duties for a week or so, just so they can show everyone how it should be done...

What's there to show? Simply apply the board rules to everyone without partiality. Don't use discretion, based on personal feelings, to single out certain views or posters, for that leads to double standards. It's simple stuff.

Can we have Priddis added to the swear filter?

Mods are pretty good*

*this statement was not made under duress

margegetsajob4.png

IMO youse Mods do a good job. The balance is about right, and if the odd troll pops up from under the bridge, so be it - we have enough gruff billygoats to send them packing. We have nothing to be afraid of (except last-quarter fadeouts).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you have a problem with the mods name and shame them, don't lump them altogether. Don't be so soft.

My one issue with the moderation on this board is simple and I've mentioned it to swannies larrikin and FiveStrings in the past.
Make better use of the mod tools in one day bans and thread bans. Both these two tools are excellent and can end shitfights and opposition trolls in an instant.

I used it with great effect when I modded on here. The opposition boards don't give two thoughts on using the same tools on us if we venture out and troll them so we should be no different. Posters shouldn't be allowed to pop up on our board after a loss and take pot shots and get away with it.

Don't be afraid to break a nail boys.

Although I strongly believe in free speech, the Priddis thread is OTT..300 pages bagging one of our own. It really bothers me that his family and friends read that stuff and that he knows it too..yea of course he does. I reckon it's an embarrassment to the Eagles board and very off putting to potential new posters who might wander in here and read that thread which really showcases the worst side of footy supporters, sniping a player but also sniping each other..and slowly just back out again ala Homer in the bushes style. So my suggestion is to bloody get rid of it already, sure let posters discuss his performance after the games just like any other player in the game day threads..but to target him like that over so many pages and over such a long time is worse than unAustralian..its unEagleish!

Besides that this board is pretty cool and laid back, team boards should not be stuck up and elitist, but friendly and welcoming to new Eagle users and encourage them to post even if they are a bit shy at first..theres enough nasty s**t going on in the world already, and after all footy teams are families and you don't get to pick and choose family..you love em and help them fit in. Leave the scummy lowbrow shitfights for the purple hillbillies over in cockburn.

If attention whoring opposition supporters come in here to troll us, hey we are the Eagles.. just BOOOOOOOOOOOO them..dont give them what they want by biting, just answer with a huge collective BOOOOOOOOO from everyone :)

Although I strongly believe in free speech, the Priddis thread is OTT..300 pages bagging one of our own. It really bothers me that his family and friends read that stuff and that he knows it too..yea of course he does. I reckon it's an embarrassment to the Eagles board and very off putting to potential new posters who might wander in here and read that thread which really showcases the worst side of footy supporters, sniping a player but also sniping each other..and slowly just back out again ala Homer in the bushes style. So my suggestion is to bloody get rid of it already, sure let posters discuss his performance after the games just like any other player in the game day threads..but to target him like that over so many pages and over such a long time is worse than unAustralian..its unEagleish!

Besides that this board is pretty cool and laid back, team boards should not be stuck up and elitist, but friendly and welcoming to new Eagle users and encourage them to post even if they are a bit shy at first..theres enough nasty s**t going on in the world already, and after all footy teams are families and you don't get to pick and choose family..you love em and help them fit in. Leave the scummy lowbrow shitfights for the purple hillbillies over in cockburn.

If attention whoring opposition supporters come in here to troll us, hey we are the Eagles.. just BOOOOOOOOOOOO them..dont give them what they want by biting, just answer with a huge collective BOOOOOOOOO from everyone :)

For the record, how long have you and Matt been married? ;)

Well Said:)

get over it. it's nothing to do with him personally, just the s**t house quality of his football game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back