West Coast / Collingwood and the top 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo to win the next derby, then lose a derby GF.

Cransberg goes on TV, mouths off about Freo not matching it with West Coast when it really matters.

West Coast then lose the next 47 derbies on the trot.
I could go 24 seasons without beating the dockers, if it meant we rolled them in the GF!

I dont think any realistic Pies supporter has us in the top 4... most of us have us MAYBE MAYBE making the 8. 7-8 at absolute best, but more likely 9+.

Way too early to tell for the Eagles as well. The next 4 games will give us a good indication.

Collingwood have beaten the bottom 4 teams and a un-impressive Essendon. Have yet to play a top 4 side or Hawthorn on top of that, Only top 8 sides they've played are Adelaide and Richmond and have lost both.

We're losing to Geelong, Richmond, and Adelaide. We're battling to make finals, let alone the top 4

Adelaide we were cooked, Richmond Toovey went down and the umpiring was horrible, Geelong If we just put Brown on Hawkins in the first place.

That and Sidebottom was missing for all those games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide we were cooked, Richmond Toovey went down and the umpiring was horrible, Geelong If we just put Brown on Hawkins in the first place.

Excuses, the sign of a not so good side.

everyone team has excuses

In Bold will be the challengers for anywhere from 4th to 8th.
Won't write off Port yet and Essendon's draw opens up from here, with no games against Fremantle or Sydney while playing Adelaide and Port in Melbourne. Richmond have 3 more games against Fremantle and Sydney, likewise with North. Port have 2 more.

North however need to stop the smashings, or else their percentage can't compete with the others around them

For West Coast and Collingwood I look back only as far as last year.

We played them at the 'G and lost narrowly. We should've won and it was incredibly frustrating, but it was a close game. We played them later in the year at Subiaco and won by 10 goals without really raising a sweat. These results were only 10 games apart.

The point isn't that West Coast > Collingwood, but that both teams are at that inconsistent mid range level and can fluctuate between awesome, average and awful pretty easily. Nafan Buckley was spot on the other night on AFL360 when he said you only need to be a couple of % off your best to be punished. Way too early to make a call on either team.

With good win/loss and percentages excellent you would expect them to make the eight. They are in a position where they control their destiny. They only need to win what they lose and they should qualify.

I don't think Pies make the 8. I think West Coast make the 8. I also don't rate Richmond. Port are poo wont make top 4...and if Melbourne beat them they probably wont make the 8.

4th spot... mmmm west coast/roos/gws

Won't write off Port yet and Essendon's draw opens up from here, with no games against Fremantle or Sydney while playing Adelaide and Port in Melbourne. Richmond have 3 more games against Fremantle and Sydney, likewise with North. Port have 2 more.

North however need to stop the smashings, or else their percentage can't compete with the others around them

Maybe. If the Eagles make 4th, a Derby final with 50/50 crowd would be awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back