News West Coast Lure Baseball Star Home

Remove this Banner Ad

How can we calm down when our midfield will soon boast Darling, Hurn, Adamson, Naitanui, Tunbridge, Colledge, Mitch McGovern, Jeremy McGovern and Mitch Brown?

Still needs a bit more size though.
Might have to throw you in there ;)

Now balga aren't around and balla is s**t the kings are the mighty roos.
roos?

Haha same we (Balga Bombers) had a massive rivalry with them.
is the balga bombers only a auskick-under 12s club? because i remember once 13s began the nollamara Lions (used to wear the fitzroy jumper) and them disapeared to become the Northern Cobras!

He said in an interview that he has already started training and working on his endurance in a bid to get his "footy body" back by the start of pre-season.
He will also bring a completely different level of professionalism to the club. Hopefully this rubs off on the players.

PS hopefully he hasn't done steroids otherwise he could be suited to the bombers.

In the next few months we could add Waterman, Newman (on the rookie list but can't really play), and Adamson to our list. Gives it a completely different look.
Fair enough on the first two, but this thread is about Adamson. You know, the guy who hasn't played footy since being a junior. Whilst the club has shown great initiative in signing him as an international rookie - let's not get our hopes up.

All of a sudden he's the answer to our midfield woes. Geez, sit down people! If he even plays a single game for our club it will be a success story.

Haha sadly a net loss of 13kg has seen me drop back to the Sheppard end of the scale. :p

EDIT: Actually no disrespect to Shep that dude is ripped.
:eek:

I lost 4kg in Europe and thought that was bad enough…

On the face of it it seems worth exploring.

I can almost hear the Vics complaining already.
Sorry - this comment confuses me - why woul the Vics complain? Collingwood have tried to convert USA basketballers, Geelong got Mark Blicavs from athletics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry - this comment confuses me - why woul the Vics complain? Collingwood have tried to convert USA basketballers, Geelong got Mark Blicavs from athletics.
Technically we're using our "non footy scholarship player" on someone with an AFL upbringing. Drafted on a 6 year deal to play baseball at 16 so at 22yrs old is barely a mature age recruit.

"Adamson, who has switched back to football after six years with the San Diego Padres, wandered onto Patersons Stadium today at the end of a low-key training session and he was immediately put to the test.

As has become custom, the rest of the players formed a tunnel about 40 metres from goal, Adamson was handed the footy and amid taunts and cheers – aimed at breaking his concentration – he was asked to stride through the guard of honour and convert from about 35 metres.

The former schoolboy star, who earned all-Australian selection as a 15-year-old, duly slotted the goal with a precise drop punt."

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2014-08-12/adamson-steps-up

Has Shred gotten taller?! He is standing right next to Yeo (189cm) and looks the same height!

roos?

is the balga bombers only a auskick-under 12s club? because i remember once 13s began the nollamara Lions (used to wear the fitzroy jumper) and them disapeared to become the Northern Cobras!

I remember playing Balga back in the day when I was in the Morley Bulldogs. I'll never forget one game of juniors (13/14yo-ish) where there was a massive on-field brawl, which actually included a large number of parents fighting as well :eek: It was demolition derby stuff :eek:

Technically we're using our "non footy scholarship player" on someone with an AFL upbringing. Drafted on a 6 year deal to play baseball at 16 so at 22yrs old is barely a mature age recruit.
same as the cats with blcavs tho basically...all clubs do it. Dont see anyone bitching about this one. Good get from us!

same as the cats with blcavs tho basically...all clubs do it. Dont see anyone bitching about this one. Good get from us!
I think that you guys are over rating the Vic media. Will be interesting to watch.

His unusual background might be of benefit. I think the key is that he's played footy so he has a footy grounding, a basic footy instinct. As a baseballer he'd have developed a couple of other useful skills. For example one touch fielding is mandatory in baseball, bobbling or dropping the ball is big no no. So I would expect he'll have bloody good hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back