NRL West Coast Pirates

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure is different. Will grow on people I think.

I dunno what they're thinking, especially with the West Coast part ... it's a shot across the bow for the big boys in town, no pun intended. Reds was a fairly well-known name, to drop both the Reds, go with a rather unfamiliar nickname in Pirates and then to further compound it by muddying the waters by conflating the place name with WCE?

Not sure how I feel about this one.

I dunno what they're thinking, especially with the West Coast part ... it's a shot across the bow for the big boys in town, no pun intended. Reds was a fairly well-known name, to drop both the Reds, go with a rather unfamiliar nickname in Pirates and then to further compound it by muddying the waters by conflating the place name with WCE?

That's what I first thought. How will Fremantle fans take to supporting a "West Coast"?

That's what I first thought. How will Fremantle fans take to supporting a "West Coast"?
The would be the pissyest excuse ever. If they truly wanted to get involved with the club then the name and colors shouldnt matter, Only the location.
They live on the West coast, does that connundrum make them hate themselves every day?
Surely Stewie you support an Adelaide team, and survive???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Stewie you support an Adelaide team, and survive???
By an Adelaide team are you talking a team named after Adelaide exclusively? Because it's just Port Adelaide, the SA Redbacks and Australian Cricket Team for me :thumbsu:

T20 cricket has lost its gloss IMO. These days it's pretty boring and taken too seriously.
I'm over T20 cricket as well.

I follow Brisbane Lions, Roar, Broncos and went for the Bullets before they folded but couldn't give a rats toss about the Heat or that plastic competition. Nothing wrong with the old state comp.

I agree but then I like what they've done with the SUNS and even think the Giants are right for WS
considering I don't like the American style names.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back