• Collingwood

Votes: 134 36.9%
  • West Coast

Votes: 201 55.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 28 7.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

NN has had a great month or so and is a terrific ruckman.

But please let's not get hysterical. He smashed Maric and Jake Carlisle in his last two games.

Cut the crap about him being better than Cox.

Exactly, Cox ball use for a ruckman was elite, the game has never seen a ruckman as dual sided, and
good as kick as him.
Ruckman generally average around 12 possessions a game.
Cox average 20+ often and his ball use was superb, better user of the footy than Juddy
and Cousins.

Naitanui's tackles should dispel the idea that he has no mongrel in him; he hits people harder than just about anyone playing. He also crashes a pack like no other. He might come across as a nice guy, but don't let that fool you, he can hurt people.

Also, Collingwood have seriously gone up in my estimation in the past two weeks. Should rightly start as favourites in a couple of weeks (and I would have the Eagles as favourites if it was being played at Subi, a sign of how close the two teams are).

Sorry, he definitely has the desire as shown by his manic pressure around contests but I want my number 1 ruck to be more physical and aggressive which I see Grundy as being the better out of the two at.
Naita dominates in the ruck because of finesse, why would you want him to play like a grunt instead?

Over the top physicality is normally a specialty of ruckman who can't match it with Naita's skills. They normally quit going for the ball though and just start cannonballing into him.

Outside of those contests, his 1%ers and tackle count should more than adequately highlight his ferocity around the ball otherwise.

Collingwood have the most ovverated youth in the league. There proven youth is good but people are basing it on all these top ten picks of theirs which could turn out duds. We have Yeo, sheed, duggan, darling, gaff, Lycett, McGovern and cripps who have proven they will be good players. Pies have witts, grundy, Elliot, Langdon, JDG, Adams and Oxley who have proven they will be good players. Both clubs have many unknown young talents.

You actually forgot about our best young player, Marley Williams.

Naita dominates in the ruck because of finesse, why would you want him to play like a grunt instead?

Over the top physicality is normally a specialty of ruckman who can't match it with Naita's skills. They normally quit going for the ball though and just start cannonballing into him.

Outside of those contests, his 1%ers and tackle count should more than adequately highlight his ferocity around the ball otherwise.
Does he dominate though?

None of your post is relevant to my post. I was stating who I'd rather and why, don't take it personally.

Does he dominate though?

None of your post is relevant to my post. I was stating who I'd rather and why, don't take it personally.
Yes.

Rest of post an extrapolation of the argument.

Not taking it personally, just think you're wrong from a physicality PoV, which is separate to preference.

Yes.

Rest of post an extrapolation of the argument.

Not taking it personally, just think you're wrong from a physicality PoV, which is separate to preference.
Oh please.. The bloke averages 11 disposals and less than a mark a game.

I was stating Grundy is more physical and aggressive than Nat which is probably correct.

Last edited:
Oh please..

I was stating Grundy is more physical and aggressive than Nat which is probably correct.
Wrong in the context that physicality is intrinsically a trait that makes a ruckman better, when Naita dominates due to finesse and skill rather than grunt. Which is true.

Despite that, argued that Naita plays with plenty of physicality and aggression, just in a vastly different way (a way that most rucks don't have the athleticism to replicate.

Don't take it so personally ;)

Wrong in the context that physicality is intrinsically a trait that makes a ruckman better, when Naita dominates due to finesse and skill rather than grunt. Which is true.

Despite that, argued that Naita plays with plenty of physicality and aggression, just in a vastly different way (a way that most rucks don't have the athleticism to replicate.

Yeah fair enough. Either way we're comparing a 21 year old with a 25 year old and I'd rather big brody for a multitude of reasons ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah there'd be a few. Kennedy obviously and i feel we need someone like Lycett to play second ruck, etc. Gaff, Shuey, Priddis would slot in.

It's not outrageous to prefer Grundy....
It's pretty outrageous.

What's outrageous is a ruckman averaging less than 1 mark a game.....
Why is it? You know nothing about football if you think naitanui isn't a top 3 ruck right now.

Naitanui's tackles should dispel the idea that he has no mongrel in him; he hits people harder than just about anyone playing. He also crashes a pack like no other. He might come across as a nice guy, but don't let that fool you, he can hurt people.

Dreamin'

Mumford & Maric hit 2x hard in a pack/ruck.

Wrong

Back