• Collingwood

Votes: 134 36.9%
  • West Coast

Votes: 201 55.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 28 7.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I am pretty sure you haven't seen many Eagles games this year if you think Wellingham is just 'collecting cheap kicks across half back'.

He's playing well for the Eagles. Mind you he was due.....he's now in his third season at the club and the Eagles gave up a decent pick to get what was supposed to be aready made player.. Contract renewal year perhaps?:p

He's playing well for the Eagles. Mind you he was due.....he's now in his third season at the club and the Eagles gave up a decent pick to get what was supposed to be aready made player.. Contract renewal year perhaps?:p

Shhh, we want Wellingham to keep thinking he only has a rolling one game contract. :cool:

if the game was at wc wc by heeps. at the g the woods
at edihad a ground we don't play well lately prob wc who do.
but for the future my bias support is the pies . but at the moment
wc is a better team only time will tell as both futures look good

For me a much simpler explanation is that we might actually be a decent team - likewise for WC.

Here's hoping that you are right and that both teams have sustained success in the near future.

Some great head to head games coming up for the Pies v Eagles.

A Pies v Eagles grand final would be pretty bloody good to watch I will say.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Victoria v WA. East v West.:D:D

Here's hoping that you are right and that both teams have sustained success in the near future.

Some great head to head games coming up for the Pies v Eagles.

A Pies v Eagles grand final would be pretty bloody good to watch I will say.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Victoria v WA. East v West.:D:D

Did you go to the Darwin game on the weekend ?

Fair enough. Was probably a bit cheeky of me to call them cheap possessions but the fact remains he was recruited to help the midfield. Fortunately others have stepped up to fill the void that he was supposed to have.
He was recruited to be a midfielder and improve that area for us but his first season was ******* horrible. This season with the emergence of Yeo, Sheed, Duggan etc we have found a new role for Wellers. He has been terrific off half back all season. As has Sheppard.

He was recruited to be a midfielder and improve that area for us but his first season was ******* horrible. This season with the emergence of Yeo, Sheed, Duggan etc we have found a new role for Wellers. He has been terrific off half back all season. As has Sheppard.

I honestly don't think Wellingham was ever a genuine mid, one game over 30 possessions in his career? HAs been excellent at half back though probably a better indicator of where his ceiling lies

I honestly don't think Wellingham was ever a genuine mid, one game over 30 possessions in his career? HAs been excellent at half back though probably a better indicator of where his ceiling lies
More of a role player in a good team I thought. Never really dominated at all.

Didnt think his disposal was sharp enough to damage across half back, but obviously it is.

Pies match up well against us.

Toovey usually dominates Darling, Brown usually plays well on JK.

At least LeCras doesn't have the artist formerly known as Harry O'Brien pwning him this time! :D

Beams is another that has usually played out of his skin against us, so thankful he's not around either.

Pies match up well against us.

Toovey usually dominates Darling, Brown usually plays well on JK.

At least LeCras doesn't have the artist formerly known as Harry O'Brien pwning him this time! :D

Beams is another that has usually played out of his skin against us, so thankful he's not around either.
Yep Beams is the only reason Collingwood beat Eagles in Melbourne the last 2 years. Without him Eagles just need to stifle Pendlebury in getting less than 30 touches to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep Beams is the only reason Collingwood beat Eagles in Melbourne the last 2 years. Without him Eagles just need to stifle Pendlebury in getting less than 30 touches to win.
There are replacements for the players who used to dominate you guys, its not as though Scott Pendlebury runs out by himself now that Beams is gone. God help you if Elliott is back in form, or if Cloke decides to turn it on infront of goal.

As for Beams, his replacement in Crisp has been doing a very serviceable role in the midfield. Greenwood is the other one who should be in come the WCE game.

I don't think we have any good matchups for Elliott so he is a massive danger.

And McKenzie is not around to do his usual thing on Cloke.

Then again, we almost play a zonal defence these days, so who knows how it will pan out...

We should be giving Collingwood & Buckley huge respect for losing quality players (Beams, Shaw and to lesser extent Thomas and the man of many names all of which escape me at the moment) and still being in contention.

Rapidly losing (lost) most hated status to Sydney and the Bombers.

WC must at least be super competitive to be a finals threat.

Going to be one hell of a game. Just hope the pies forward line isn't too much for us to handle.

Whilst letting Priddis doing the same.

I couldnt find the post but about a month ago I said something about how Collingwood's next four games were really tough and could easily lose all four.

Here we are three weeks into that four game stretch and they have lost all three games. First to Freo, then Hawthorn and then Port Adelaide. They finish the tough month against us in Melbourne. We're currently two games clear and massive % on the ladder. We play Adelaide later today and if we win that we will be 3 wins clear plus massive %.

Collingwood havent disgraced themselves in tough losses to Freo and Hawthorn but they really should have beaten Port. It looks to me like their top four chances have passed them by.

There are replacements for the players who used to dominate you guys, its not as though Scott Pendlebury runs out by himself now that Beams is gone. God help you if Elliott is back in form, or if Cloke decides to turn it on infront of goal.

As for Beams, his replacement in Crisp has been doing a very serviceable role in the midfield. Greenwood is the other one who should be in come the WCE game.

Gawd if cloke gets off the leash he could score double figures - maybe even 12 or 13 behinds

Collingwood will rue letting the Port game get away. They will still make the finals but I think top four is beyond them. Of course, beat the Eagles next week and they might fancy their chances of overhauling them, but it will be tough.

Back