West Indies Presidents XI v Australians May 27-29

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
The first red ball match for many of our players since the new years test.

Only warm up match before the test series.

Shane Watson has withdrawn to be present at the birth of his second child

If we do intend to play Fawad Ahmed against the Windies we should give him a run here. Will also be interesting to see where Steve Smith bats.

We might be able to use all 16 available players.

The West Indian Presidents XI squad has also been named

http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies-v-australia-2015/content/story/876017.html

Of their 13 player squad only Leon Johnson has represented the West Indies so it doesn't appear to be a particularly strong team.

Last edited:
March 27? We'll be waiting a while.

Of their 13 player squad only Leon Johnson has represented the West Indies so it doesn't appear to be a particularly strong team.

Johnson is the only one to have played test cricket. Carlos Brathwaite, Jason Mohammad & Miguel Cummins have all represented at limited overs internationals.

Do we have all our players available(not including Watson) for this warm up, does ipl clash with this fixture.

Do we have all our players available(not including Watson) for this warm up, does ipl clash with this fixture.
Playing for your country definitely comes before IPL. Anyone who chooses IPL should never play for their country again.

Playing for your country definitely comes before IPL. Anyone who chooses IPL should never play for their country again.
Don't they have contracts worth millions of dollars, I agree they should play for their country just not positive if their contract stipulates that, depending on their teams current standing in the tournament.

Of their 13 player squad only Leon Johnson has represented the West Indies so it doesn't appear to be a particularly strong team.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't seem a strong team on paper, but the Presidents XI team, is made up of the next wave of players who have performed at domestic level, unfortunately their domestic season finished three months ago, so these guys won't be at their best.

Why the hell have they dropped Shiv?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chanderpaul has had two below par series against South Africa and England.

There has been hardly anyone banging let alone tapping on the door for his spot.

He has been the Windies most consistent player for the past 20 years. He deserves to go out on his own terms.

He is the 12th best batsman in the world, best ranked West Indian by some distance with Darren Bravo in second place at 28th.

He would have been little more than a walking wicket for the Test series. They're better off giving a younger player experience against the best in the world.

Chanderpaul a walking wicket? That's an embarrassing comment and speaks volumes.

Not against sides regenerating - and I like what I've seen of Blackwood, Brathwaite and giving Shai Hope an opportunity is all well and good. But how can they drop Chanderpaul with a straight face when it's likely Devon Smith will be opening the batting.

Chanderpaul a walking wicket? That's an embarrassing comment and speaks volumes.

Not against sides regenerating - and I like what I've seen of Blackwood, Brathwaite and giving Shai Hope an opportunity is all well and good. But how can they drop Chanderpaul with a straight face when it's likely Devon Smith will be opening the batting.

Shai Hope will open the batting won't he?

Speaks volumes about me? Mate, Chanders was clearly on the way out and if you think he'd have done anything against us you're living in the past. :)

On the way out? Yeah, unquestionably.

Saying he's a walking wicket is a ludicrous piece of exaggeration.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back