West Indies tour of South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

Lethal44

All Australian
Jun 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Squad- Ramdin ( c ), Gayle, Brathwaite, Fudadin, Johnson, Chanderpaul, Blackwood, Samuels, Walton, Benn, Holder, Taylor, Roach, Cotterell, Gabriel.

Darren Bravo has pulled out of the tour for personal reasons, he was replaced by Assad Fudadin.

Personally, I think Devon Smith should have been in the touring party and If I was going to pick a bolter it would be Ryan Hinds who has returned from injury, Devendra Bishoo or Versammy Permaul are unlucky also.

Gayle is also out of the Tests, replaced by Devon Smith. Going to be an absolute bloodbath for the Windies in the Tests, they'll compete as they always do in the ODIs. If they show up, of course.

Johnson
Brathwaite
Fudadin
Samuels
Chanderpaul
Blackwood
Ramdin*+
Holder
Benn
Taylor
Roach

Hopefully some traditional South African greentops up on the Highveldt are served up, giving the very good attack of Roach/Taylor/Holder a chance to make a series out of this.

Elgar
Petersen
Amla*
de Villiers
du Plessis
van Zyl
de Kock+
Peterson
Philander
Steyn
Morkel

Hope the Saffers give de Lange or Rabada a game at some point.

Hopefully some traditional South African greentops up on the Highveldt are served up, giving the very good attack of Roach/Taylor/Holder a chance to make a series out of this.

They seem to prefer Gabriel over Holder for some reason in tests.

Gayle missing doesn't worry me, he hasn't done much in recent times anyway, I'm glad Smith has been rewarded for his good first class form, IMO he should open with Brathwaite ahead of Fudadin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back