Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Match Tied

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprising that Starc did nothing much with the new ball against the batsmen and got the tail enders out. He has one delivery.
So you missed his inswinging yorker on day two. God you just play the same record all day. Don't why you bother watching if our team is full of duds.

So you missed his inswinging yorker on day two. God you just play the same record all day. Don't why you bother watching if our team is full of duds.
The team isn't full of duds. I fail to see how a yorker is different to the one delivery.. of his yorker.

Well done boys.Went to be bed at 1am when they were trailing by 70 odd runs, had a bad feeling that they were going to put up a lead of 150+ when I woke up.

Came into the thread to see the reactions to the win. Find some totally unfair and silly comments about Starc - then I saw who was posting them. Carry on.

It was a bit like a top 4 side dusting off cobwebs against a cellar dweller, but dust off we must before the Ashes.

Rogers in for Marsh if cleared by medical staff, M. Marsh in for Watto. Don't want to see Watson flat track them in the second Test and secure his spot for the entire Ashes.

Came into the thread to see the reactions to the win. Find some totally unfair and silly comments about Starc - then I saw who was posting them. Carry on.
Sorry for not dishing out constant superlatives and being a sheep. People are so ignorant of everything these days due to the way commentators over hype everything. Every player now who plays a sport is a star. If they are better than some players they are a super star. If they are the best they are a mega star. No one who plays anymore is just an ok player, they are a star.

Sorry for not dishing out constant superlatives and being a sheep. People are so ignorant of everything these days due to the way commentators over hype everything. Every player now who plays a sport is a star. If they are better than some players they are a super star. If they are the best they are a mega star. No one who plays anymore is just an ok player, they are a star.

I have been a reasonably tough skeptic of Starc's throughout his career mainly due to the ease at which the selectors have progressed him through the ranks from underage level right through to the test side. Through his one day performances he has well and truly proven the selectors faith in him to be spot on and whilst he's got a bit more to do in test cricket yet, with Harris out he's clearly the guy who gets a spot. Time to move on, there is no doubt whatsoever that he more than belongs at international level.

Anybody find anything weird about what Clarke says in the presentation?

"The way Warner and Marsh batted, you will see more aggression in Jamaica. Voges is class act and he rightly deserves the opportunity and I think with that maturity and experience, he has grabbed it with both hands."

I know he's given to talking shite, they all are, but it sounds very odd to want more aggression considering how some of them got out... and how the MOTM (not to mention the tailenders) played with the bat in hand.

Anybody find anything weird about what Clarke says in the presentation?

"The way Warner and Marsh batted, you will see more aggression in Jamaica. Voges is class act and he rightly deserves the opportunity and I think with that maturity and experience, he has grabbed it with both hands."

I know he's given to talking shite, they all are, but it sounds very odd to want more aggression considering how some of them got out... and how the MOTM (not to mention the tailenders) played with the bat in hand.

I didn't see Clarkes press conference, but it does seem like a strange thing to say given the result. Even the Windies batsmen (Dowrich and Samuels) were rewarded for playing it slow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't see Clarkes press conference, but it does seem like a strange thing to say given the result. Even the Windies batsmen (Dowrich and Samuels) were rewarded for playing it slow.
I worry that we will take this mentality to the Ashes and be done by the moving ball playing silly shots

It wasn't in the press conference it was in the presentation. He's more circumspect in the press conference, thank goodness.

I don't want to see some of the awful impressions of lemmings over the cliff that we've seen in the past in England.

Still one of Starc's better performances at test level. More importantly than anything else he showed an ability to keep it tight and not leak runs which isn't something he has ever really shown previously.

Though Starc did bowled quite well. The pitch was not conducive to stroke play and the outfield was atrociously slow, along with the Windies batsmen batting at a slow rate. So Starc probably doesn't deserve all the credit for that. Might be a different story on a different ground.

Just want to pass on a story I read on Friday. One of the guys at work has been reading a book by Tony Greig. At one point it talks about Lara's 277 at the the SCG, and the fact that it meant so much to him, he called his daughter Sydney. When Michael Holding heard about this, he commented, "Brian is lucky he didn'take those runs in Lahore." :)

Just want to pass on a story I read on Friday. One of the guys at work has been reading a book by Tony Greig. At one point it talks about Lara's 277 at the the SCG, and the fact that it meant so much to him, he called his daughter Sydney. When Michael Holding heard about this, he commented, "Brian is lucky he didn'take those runs in Lahore." :)

An oldie but a goodie

Best Curtly Ambrose story ever.

Series against Australia in the West Indies in the 2000's. Journo spots Ambrose sitting watching the game on day 5. Journo asks if he can ask Curtly, famously reclusive, a question. Curtly ascents. Journo points to the cracked pitch, "what would you have thought of bowling out there today?". Curtly thinks.

"If I had been bowling the game would have been over yesterday."

Has anyone read the Curtly book that came out recently? All the reviews of it seem pretty positive so might get it.

http://www.alloutcricket.com/cricket/features/trouble-in-paradise

Pretty insightful article about the issues that have plagued Carribbean cricket for a while now. Too much self interest amongst administrators and a lack of a cohesive approach between the islands as they still see each other as competitors. Poverty doesn't help much at all either, but good to see that there still is a fair bit of passion at the grass roots, if not the facilities to match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back