West Indies vs England, 3 test matches

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't need it for that one fortunately. Howler.

switching between IPL and this so didn't see it live, but that's Billy for you. With the aid of slowmo it looks a shocker.

fair whack by Buttler as well

So for those who have watched more than I. Not much to worry about with this England side for the Ashes?
I wouldn't go that far.

Australia appear the better side on paper but England have an advantage at home.

Furthermore, Australia's advantage is fragile – if Clarke and/or Harris break down, or Johnson loses his mojo, that advantage looks far slimmer.

I think England can rely on reasonable contributions from Root, Bell and Anderson – Ballance also looks pretty competent. The question marks, when it comes to senior players, are over Cook and Broad. England need them to contribute. Australia also have a serious advantage when it comes to tail-end batting, which has actually been a remarkably accurate predictor of Ashes success over the years.

Cook looms as the critical player, for mine. He's already got more than 8500 Test runs to his name but, barring big runs against NZ, could come into the Ashes under more pressure than any other player on either side. If he struggles, I think Australia have their noses in front.

Geez pressure getting to Blackwood there! Luckily Buttler missed that or I'm sure there'd be some on here calling it the death of West Indian cricket.

Watched a few overs and what a fantastic contest to wake up to. Glad I got up, good to see the ground nearly full too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So for those who have watched more than I. Not much to worry about with this England side for the Ashes?

Well the poms actually lost to an ordinary windies side in 2009 and we still managed to lose to them a few months later in england so still not sure why so many are confident we will do well in those conditions, if the ashes were here again i think england would get thrashed but we still have a lot to prove facing swing and spin and that is all we will get over there this winter.

Trott has retired......again.
Guess he got in before he was boned.
Quickly checks fixture...

What!?!? Big Mitch coming up!

6IAPwW5.gif

I still don't understand why Trott was brought back. Great batsman in his prime but he is well past it.

No way, he has been embarrassed by the West Indies. His career at international level is done. It was finished the moment he left the Ashes tour after the first test.

Wouldn't put it past him.

That said, it is unfortunate as at his best he was a beautiful bat to watch.

Wouldn't put it past him.

That said, it is unfortunate as at his best he was a beautiful bat to watch.
Even if he wanted to, the ECB wouldn't pick him. It's time to move on. Why not give Adam Lyth a shot?

Great batsman at his best.

Even if he wanted to, the ECB wouldn't pick him. It's time to move on. Why not give Adam Lyth a shot?

Great batsman at his best.

Just a question whether you would put a rookie bat in against Australia. Really they butchered this, Lyth should have played against the Windies. Can see them going with Robson or even Carberry if he has scored some runs.

Just a question whether you would put a rookie bat in against Australia. Really they butchered this, Lyth should have played against the Windies. Can see them going with Robson or even Carberry if he has scored some runs.
Didn't think of Robson, he should play in the Ashes, not Lyth. Just scored 178 for Middlesex as well.

Bringing Trott back was just stupid, I don't see the point of it. Agree it would have been a good opportunity to debut Lyth, or even just played Robson instead of Trott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back