West Perth Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Na mate, that's Cheese the waterboy who is Paul Sanzone's brother (our assistant coach) Daniel is a supporter, and you're correct, he's always up in the members screaming his lungs out for the lads.

Just on the subject of Who's Who in the West Perth supporter group, who is the guy (40 ish) that usually wears the sleeveless WP jumper and sits near the Coaches Box with a group of fellow supporters?
His head comes up quite often when the camera does a pan of the stand.

OK, there's now a lions v falcons match day thread where you can give the lions supporter heaps. That's if there is more than Chezza lurking on here! :thumbsu:

I know exactly who you are talking about but don't know the guy. I think his name is Richard but that's about all I can offer.

He's passionate if nothing else!! :thumbsu:

Very impressed with the overall skill level and agility of young Darling, he moves very well for a young player of his size. Looks somewhat bigger than last year does anyone know how tall he is now?

I know exactly who you are talking about but don't know the guy. I think his name is Richard but that's about all I can offer.

He's passionate if nothing else!! :thumbsu:

Jesus..didn't know there was a cardies thread!

Along with Richard there's also an English guy that's been sitting with him for a long long time, since the Leederville days definately and they're still at every game!

Is old Rosa still with us?

Only just found this thread myself! not a bad start to the year boys. as the really loud dude in the stands says every game, carn west.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Football: Gutted SW coach speaks out

South West Football League Landmark coach Crandon Keddie has spoken out about a number of contributing factors that conspired against the region’s premier representative side at the annual football carnival.

To compound what was already a frustrating situation in the second game, the South West were locked out of their changerooms for the entire half-time break amid the icy ocean breeze and sheeting evening rain at Fremantle Oval, because WAFL club WestPerth were using the area ahead of their clash with South Fremantle.

http://southwest.thewest.com.au/Regionals.aspx?MenuID=278

So, did that meeting before the game help you blokes play any better than expected againist South Fremantle Friday night? Maybe just a goal better I assume.

Can someone tell me what became of Leederville Oval and who's coaching the mighty Falcons next year? Has been a long time since I've watched a WAFL game, the last was at Joondalup in 1996. But I have been keeping an eye on the Falcons results from afar.

Flintstone, Leederville Oval is called Medibank Stadium these days and it is shared by EP and Subiaco. The old grandstand is still there and EP and Subi have similar sized new clubrooms and changerooms either side of it. The outer of Leederville has had a massive transformation in the last few years. The old scoreboard is gone and replaced by an electronic one just left of centre. The outer was a disgrace for a few years, really let go. But a few years ago the Town of Vincent (i think) built limestone terracing from one side to the other. 3 levels I think with grass in between and it looks heaps better and is better populated with spectators on the outer now. It is a good away ground to go to because there is so much seating to choose from now. Oh, and there is lights there now so they play a few Friday night games during the season.

Your old Falcons are still in Joondalup and have been coached for the last 2 years by former Subiaco backman Bill Monoghan and I believe he just re-signed until 2012 or 13?

Flintstone, Leederville Oval is called Medibank Stadium these days and it is shared by EP and Subiaco. The old grandstand is still there and EP and Subi have similar sized new clubrooms and changerooms either side of it. The outer of Leederville has had a massive transformation in the last few years. The old scoreboard is gone and replaced by an electronic one just left of centre. The outer was a disgrace for a few years, really let go. But a few years ago the Town of Vincent (i think) built limestone terracing from one side to the other. 3 levels I think with grass in between and it looks heaps better and is better populated with spectators on the outer now. It is a good away ground to go to because there is so much seating to choose from now. Oh, and there is lights there now so they play a few Friday night games during the season.

Your old Falcons are still in Joondalup and have been coached for the last 2 years by former Subiaco backman Bill Monoghan and I believe he just re-signed until 2012 or 13?

Thanks Rednblacks. I'm assuming Subi were kicked out of Subi Oval by the big boys? What happened to Royals home ground?:confused:

Thanks Rednblacks. I'm assuming Subi were kicked out of Subi Oval by the big boys? What happened to Royals home ground?:confused:

Not exactly what happened to the Lions but you'd say they were moved because of the WAFC. Perth Oval became the home of Perth Glory in 1996 so during the summer temp stands were set up and then torn down for the WAFL Season. This went on for a couple of years but in the end East Perth moved to Leederville permanently. Perth Oval has now been completely converted in to a rectangular stadium for Glory and the Western Force (NIB Stadium).

Does anyone know who our new recruits are for 2011???? Anyone of note??? Did Wayde Skipper come back???

Am I hearing correctly that the Falcons have lost Alex James to Swan Districts and Matt Tedesco to Perth?

Strange decisions from those two young guys if so.

Am I hearing correctly that the Falcons have lost Alex James to Swan Districts and Matt Tedesco to Perth?

Strange decisions from those two young guys if so.
Chezza, what can you tell us about Matt Tedesco? He and Luke are cousins aren't they? What position does Matt normally play and which one is the better player? He would only be around 20 - 22 years of age wouldn't he?

Chezza, what can you tell us about Matt Tedesco? He and Luke are cousins aren't they? What position does Matt normally play and which one is the better player? He would only be around 20 - 22 years of age wouldn't he?

I'd say Luke is the more advanced player, mainly due to his size and strength. Matt is a lot thinner but lacks nothing in courage. From what I've seen, plays mainly on a back flank. He's barely missed a game as far as I know in the last 2 seasons so it's an interesting move if he has indeed made the move.

Not sure his age but I'd say you'd be about on the money. Has pretty good skills but seems a pretty quiet character who may lack a bit of confidence/belief in himself.

Thanks for that Chezza, i remember staying back for presentations after we beat you at Joondy in 09 and the colts played under lights and both Tedesco's received awards and i do remember one sounding more confident than the other. The Tedesco's are a well known family up my way in Wanneroo. Remember when my son did little athletics some years ago and there were a few Tedesco kids who did well. Quite a big family. Sounds like a handy pick up if true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back