West Perth Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Read an article in the Community Newspaper about a Zim kid, Cuan Whitefoot, who's 20 and been playing footy for a few years with Ocean Ridge. Good athlete, will be interesting to see how he progresses.

Was interesting to note that he thought the handball skill was the hardest to "perfect", which is a bit strange I guess when it's second nature it's hard to think of it as difficult to pick up. Hope he goes well.

And Chezza, if Alex James comes across to Swans I'll be surprised because he'd be a fair way down the pecking order, although I rated him very highly a couple of years ago so would be a good pick up for us. Hopefully he can displace Hinkley from the team. :D

Read an article in the Community Newspaper about a Zim kid, Cuan Whitefoot, who's 20 and been playing footy for a few years with Ocean Ridge. Good athlete, will be interesting to see how he progresses.

Will be a struggle for the kid I reckon.

Ocean Ridge play C grade ammos so he would probably find even playing A grade ammos would be a big jump let alone WAFL.

Re: West Perth - not sure if it's something to write home about but Mark Hutchings has signed on with the falcons after his 15 seconds on the saints list.

You sure nickos? I was told about 4-5 weeks ago he had been signed, sealed and delivered to the Royals.:confused: If he has, in fact, sold his soul and gone to the Cardies, what made him change his mind?

Don't get me wrong, he'll be a very good in for the cardies, if true.:)

You sure nickos? I was told about 4-5 weeks ago he had been signed, sealed and delivered to the Royals.:confused: If he has, in fact, sold his soul and gone to the Cardies, what made him change his mind?

Don't get me wrong, he'll be a very good in for the cardies, if true.:)

From EPFC website

" Mark informed the football club over the closed Xmas period that he had decided to leave the club, after he had been training with us in our pre Xmas pre season campaign after post season surgery on both his hips.

Being an AFL rookie listed player, under the WAFL rules Mark was eligible for a transfer and after he rejected the contract offer put to him we needed to come to a resolution with the WPFC to satisfy the EPFC.

As of late yesterday an agreement was reached which sees a straight swap take place for Josh Smith / Mark Hutchings, with the EPFC also securing a sizeable portion of any AFL draft fees should Mark be redrafted in the coming seasons"

So no love being generated for the great start the mighty Cardies have had this season? Saw them against East Perth on Saturday, quite impressive but then again much like what Geelong is to Collingwood West Perth is to Claremont and something special will be needed to make any serious damage.

Well Claremont do have a few injuries to contend with now though we are supposed to have some depth.
It'll be interesting to see how the Cardies do against the Monts.
West Perths supporters would have to be pretty happy with the start to the season though?

I want to go on in this thread about how brilliant a start it is to the season and the like but I feel like a bit of a plastic coming on here only when we're playing well. TBH I go to games at Lathlain, Bassendean and Freo Oval when it doesn't clash with the Cats as their good roads trips and Joondulup is too far and too s**t.

GO CARDIES!

From what I saw last weekend the Cardies are playing a good brand of fast direct footy.I think the three point margin at the end of the game flattered us a bit. The Tiges just went missing or came apart under pressure for about two quarters there.

From what I saw last weekend the Cardies are playing a good brand of fast direct footy.I think the three point margin at the end of the game flattered us a bit. The Tiges just went missing or came apart under pressure for about two quarters there.

Anyone know why Mitch Andrews is playing at Claremont now.
Good honest ruckman I thought?

Although I live in Cairns QLD now I still check to see how the Mighty Falcons are travelling. Go you good things, I love giving my mate (who also lives here) and goes for South Freo s**t. Is John Duckworth still getting to the games? Great bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know why Mitch Andrews is playing at Claremont now.
Good honest ruckman I thought?

For whatever reason he was still on the Cardies list but not playing/playing country league somewheres.
Claremonts main ruckman went down with an injury and we were allowed to grab him. West Perth didn't seem too bothered, signed the clearance without to much bother.

I have no idea about the nitty gritty of it all. He is playing well for us though.

Carn the cardies.. I mean Peel?

Should of been a given and kept us on top of the tiges.

Went down to that game, the Peel midfield ran a train through us thanks to Barlow. The State Game couldn't have some soon enough, we've looked slow and sorry the past few games and we need to regroup. Still a brilliant start to the season for the garlic munchers though. :thumbsu:

Whilst in my office this morning (in Cairns) I thought I'd check the results from the weekend. It brought a smile to my face to see the mighty Falcons back on top of the ladder. Well done boys.

On another note, what the hell is happening to Claremont? Is the mighty juggernaut coming to an end?

Whilst in my office this morning (in Cairns) I thought I'd check the results from the weekend. It brought a smile to my face to see the mighty Falcons back on top of the ladder. Well done boys.

On another note, what the hell is happening to Claremont? Is the mighty juggernaut coming to an end?

Hard to say.
The comp is definitely more even this year.
I think the other teams have figured out how to counter Claremonts game. I sure hope McPhee had a plan B.
Claremont have a few injuries....but I wouldn't have thought it would affect us too much, our depth is supposed to be very good.
We just didn't get out of second gear in that game.

FALCONS COME ON!

1995 FLAG
4 years pass
1999 FLAG
4 years pass
2003 FLAG
4 years pass
2007 NO FLAG
4 years pass
2011 FLAG??? YES I HOPE SO!

On the somber drive home, I took note of how different my mood was. I the way up the freeway, I was happy, very optomistic, still on a high from the Eagles last night. The drive back down to civilisation (;)) seemed twice as long, I wasn't disgusted (like I was after the game v Perth), just dissapointed, kind of!?

Anyway, the game.
It was without doubt the best game of WAFL I have seen in a while, although we were on the wrong side of the ledger
We fought bravely, which is all you can really ask for when your down to 2 on the bench for the majority of the second half. I was however, bitterly dissapointed at the multiple brain-snaps that basically cost us the game.
Following the WAFL trend this year, the umpiring was appauling, I know one of the umps who was umpiring the game and I still booed them off after the game. One positive out of the umpiring was that common sense prevailed (somewhat uncommon in football these days), and the umpires changed thier uniform at half time. Incredibly, the umpires came out wearing yellow, almost exactly the same colour Claremont were wearing, there were numerous times were I mistook an umpire for a Claremont player, and I'm sure the Claremont players faced the same challenge.
I had a laugh at Brett Jones in the third quarter. A soft 50 had just been given (again) and he turned to the kid sitting in the second row and said, "Great game of Netball isn't it bud?" I had to agree, the umpiring was pi*sweak.

I thought Alroy Gilligan was outstanding in a sometimes disfunctional foward line with 27 touches and Ben Saunders justified his selection with 3 goals. Lewis Stevenson was also influential with 23 touches whilst Beau Waters was servicable with 19 touches. Mitch Andrews dominated the ruck contests with 40 hitouts, although not a great number of those were hitouts to advantage.
A real worry for the Tigers is Clancy Ruderforth, who once again strugled, gathering just 6 possesions.
It was promising news in the reserves, with Chad Jones coming through unscaved and bagging 3 goals in his side's crucial 6 point win.

I was proud of my boys, they fought it out, but credit to the Cardies, they were the better team on the day. See you in September ;)

I would just like to finish with a quote from a 'well-to-do' West Perth supporter. "Go back to you fu*king 7 million dollar houses on the river you fu*king C*nts and we'll see you c*nts back here in fu*king september you fu*kheads, Go you fu*king Falcons."

Beautiful:rolleyes:

I can't wait

On the somber drive home, I took note of how different my mood was. I the way up the freeway, I was happy, very optomistic, still on a high from the Eagles last night. The drive back down to civilisation (;)) seemed twice as long, I wasn't disgusted (like I was after the game v Perth), just dissapointed, kind of!?

Anyway, the game.
It was without doubt the best game of WAFL I have seen in a while, although we were on the wrong side of the ledger
We fought bravely, which is all you can really ask for when your down to 2 on the bench for the majority of the second half. I was however, bitterly dissapointed at the multiple brain-snaps that basically cost us the game.
Following the WAFL trend this year, the umpiring was appauling, I know one of the umps who was umpiring the game and I still booed them off after the game. One positive out of the umpiring was that common sense prevailed (somewhat uncommon in football these days), and the umpires changed thier uniform at half time. Incredibly, the umpires came out wearing yellow, almost exactly the same colour Claremont were wearing, there were numerous times were I mistook an umpire for a Claremont player, and I'm sure the Claremont players faced the same challenge.
I had a laugh at Brett Jones in the third quarter. A soft 50 had just been given (again) and he turned to the kid sitting in the second row and said, "Great game of Netball isn't it bud?" I had to agree, the umpiring was pi*sweak.

I thought Alroy Gilligan was outstanding in a sometimes disfunctional foward line with 27 touches and Ben Saunders justified his selection with 3 goals. Lewis Stevenson was also influential with 23 touches whilst Beau Waters was servicable with 19 touches. Mitch Andrews dominated the ruck contests with 40 hitouts, although not a great number of those were hitouts to advantage.
A real worry for the Tigers is Clancy Ruderforth, who once again strugled, gathering just 6 possesions.
It was promising news in the reserves, with Chad Jones coming through unscaved and bagging 3 goals in his side's crucial 6 point win.

I was proud of my boys, they fought it out, but credit to the Cardies, they were the better team on the day. See you in September ;)

I would just like to finish with a quote from a 'well-to-do' West Perth supporter. "Go back to you fu*king 7 million dollar houses on the river you fu*king C*nts and we'll see you c*nts back here in fu*king september you fu*kheads, Go you fu*king Falcons."

Beautiful:rolleyes:

I can't wait

Couldn't have put it better myself.;)

2012 WILL be a good year till the end.. Incredible performance last year but fell away because of injuries towards the end to a few key players.
Good recruiting this year with a couple comming back to the club.
Hutchings will win the Sandover if he keeps playing the way he has. Brilliant. Cant understand how he wasnt picked up by a AFL club this year?
Heres a couple of clips of our legends just put on YouTube.
Enjoy.. if they lag a bit just change the quality (gear wheel on on bottom) to 240 for slow connections.

Brendon Fewster...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQj-gqacrsY&feature=uploademail

And Todd Curley ENJOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4NsKeC8a1k&feature=uploademail

Remove this Banner Ad

Back