West Perth Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Magoos won their sixth flag today and their first since 1960.

Well done lads. More meaningful than the league flag should The Ferals get up.

Anyone heard much re recruits and pre season training?

Was a little disappointed that Subi beat us to signing Lockyer.

What is it with Claremont stealing our ruck men?! Andrews, Seaby and now Bradley.
Shattered . I was looking forward to seeing him run out for us this year.

I'm pretty disappointed. After failing at the Swans, this was supposed to be the consolation prize. I'll just add it to the pile of disappointment.

What is it with Claremont stealing our ruck men?! Andrews, Seaby and now Bradley.

$$ and more $

I remember hearing a couple of years ago that Claremont have some very big benefactors.

Bradley got offered a job, you can't blame him.

Shattered . I was looking forward to seeing him run out for us this year.

Doesn't so much run as shuffle, looking like he just spent a couple of weeks in a saddle on the canning stock route.

I understand that the Munchers have been told that they must cover their "9 advertising logo" on their jumpers when 7 does the telecasts. Has there been any response by your club ?.

If this idiotic request can not be prevented, I favour the logo's being covered up with sticking plaster !!!!. First large "scrum" that develops, the sticking plasters are dislodged from the jumpers.

7 have already started off on the wrong foot.

If I was West Perth, I'd tell channel 7 to stick their televised games up their arse.

Who would we get more money out of ?

If I was West Perth, I'd tell channel 7 to stick their televised games up their arse.

Definitely a tricky situation, but surely losing the clubs presence on TV would not be in the long term best interests of the club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely a tricky situation, but surely losing the clubs presence on TV would not be in the long term best interests of the club?

West Perth are well within their rights to tell 7 in a strong way that they bought a product where one of the teams is sponsored by 9, suck it up.

The ABC during their long tenure, broadcast games with teams displaying 7, 9 & The West advertising. They said nothing (all part of the footy package). It would be advisable for 7 to take the same approach.

Still like the sticking plaster approach !!!.

Kerry Stokes = Kerry Packer, the "Lizard Man" ?.

Sounds like the old days when the BBC used to make teams in the UK cover up their sponsors on their shirt with sticking plaster so they weren't advertising. Despite all kinds of adverts on the fences.

Seven knew all along that West Perth had a sponsorship deal with 9, surely that was a discussion/negotiation they should have entered into on the side with your board, instead of signing a pretty mediocre broadcast deal with the commission and then railroading West Perth's major sponsorship deal, 2 months out from the start of the season.

I get that ABC was not willing/able to find the cash to sustain the sort of broadcast we've become used to but seriously Channel 7 only doing 18 games plus finals is poor and to top it off, this s**t with 7 v West Perth/Channel 9 really pisses me off. Used be something I looked forward to, recording the game on ABC then coming home on Saturday evening or Sunday morning and watching the replay.

Very disappointed but hardly surprised about the channel 7 debacle. I gave up long ago on the WAFC.....one of the most useless and incompetent organisations in the country.

The fact there's such strong links between East Perth and Channel 7/The West further irritates me.

WAFC took it a step further yesterday and stopped channel 9 and 10 from entering the ground to take any vision of the crowd or game.

A disgraceful performance AGAIN by the WAFC.

On a happier note the Cardies were expected to get spanked by the Freo ressies and won a ripper.

Good comeback today, hit the front but just let it slip late.

Not that the umpires cost us the win, but there was one young ump who was so unsure of himself he just made terrible decisions.

Felt sorry for him in the end.

But we once again left until the last quarter to mount a big comeback. Will not get away with that week in week out. Got an out of sorts East Freo down at their pit this Saturday so hopefully a win. They lost to the Demons last week ffs.

But we once again left until the last quarter to mount a big comeback. Will not get away with that week in week out. Got an out of sorts East Freo down at their pit this Saturday so hopefully a win. They lost to the Demons last week ffs.

We were lucky not to be a long way down in the first quarter. We fought back once and then let them get away in the third.

The first quarter was about effort (our plan consistently went back across ground on the HB line but most of our players wouldn't push hard enough to get over to give an option. We were much better at this in the second and third) and the third quarter they kicked three in the last couple of minutes of the quarter after we had a lot of play.

I am pretty sure now our finals games could be televised on Channel nine, hopefully they give out some free tickets like they did for international round would make for an awesome atmosphere rather than the three thousand they usually get

They are threatening to expel us from the finals if we don't comply.

Backed by the other WAFL clubs.

What's involved in compliance, removing the logo from the jumper during finals?.

Didn't we ok that already.

Are they happy just to let the entire Northern corridor be handed over to the round ball?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back