Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Tips for round one.
South gambier to beat Portland by 40+
east gambier over west by under 12
North gambier to beat Millicent by 50+
Hamilton to defeat casterton 30+

Expecting teams to be a bit rusty early on, but to pile on the scores in the last quarter.

Tips for round one.

Expecting teams to be a bit rusty early on, but to pile on the scores in the last quarter.

I think east will win by over 50. Should see a stronger side this year and west have lost too many key position players.
Hamilton/casterton game will be a blow out
Portland to beat south
Millicent will have trouble with match ups and will be relying on under 16/18s so this game could be a blow out as well.

I think east will win by over 50. Should see a stronger side this year and west have lost too many key position players.
Hamilton/casterton game will be a blow out
Portland to beat south
Millicent will have trouble with match ups and will be relying on under 16/18s so this game could be a blow out as well.

Sounds fair enough. What's the story with Slape? Is he going staying or sitting out?

Yep East should let him go. He hasn't just sprung on it on them so they have had plenty of time to adjust recruiting etc. From what I hear the coach is fine with it. Just the Pres

$1000 a game is pretty hard to knock back but still I think he should honour his contract. I cant blame east for wanting to get signatures early considering the amount of interest there has been in their players.

$1000 a game is pretty hard to knock back but still I think he should honour his contract. I cant blame east for wanting to get signatures early considering the amount of interest there has been in their players.

No doubt they should honor their contracts but what do you do? Either way he's not playing with you or against you. If it was a WBFL club I could see why East would persist with the hard line. Maybe they think he will play end up playing for East.

Sorry im not sure if im following correctly. Is Carl Slape on $1000 a game?

Surely not

Tips for round one.

Portland d South by 18
West d East by 15
North d Millicent by 82
Hamilton d Casterton by 40

Who are the big ins and outs that will make a difference for WBFL clubs in 2012?

I find Millicent an interesting case with the Ins and Outs... seems numbers wise to be around about the same ins and outs. You could look at the names of some of the outs and be worried. But from last year ( to me at least) the only massive losses are Gascoyne and Sullivan both of whom will be hard to replace, Hickey and McGrath were handy types, the Ridley boys played seniors but not sure they set the world on fire, neither Contin or Hosking played last year.

As for their ins, well cant comment for the most part. But Tim Milera was playing for Port and on the Crows list last year, so he can obviously play and if he stays then he could make a big impact. Big Michael Bennett will mean Millicent have a very impressive Ruck combo with he and Haggett.

As for the rest of the recruits well not sure what they are like but if a couple of them could be more than handy players that will help Millicent greatly.

Biggest loss could be Matt Bryant as I have heard he has retired from A grade, but there are plenty of kids that have got a sniff of A grade footy over the past few seasons who will also be looking to cement their places in the senior team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find Millicent an interesting case with the Ins and Outs... seems numbers wise to be around about the same ins and outs. You could look at the names of some of the outs and be worried. But from last year ( to me at least) the only massive losses are Gascoyne and Sullivan both of whom will be hard to replace, Hickey and McGrath were handy types, the Ridley boys played seniors but not sure they set the world on fire, neither Contin or Hosking played last year.

As for their ins, well cant comment for the most part. But Tim Milera was playing for Port and on the Crows list last year, so he can obviously play and if he stays then he could make a big impact. Big Michael Bennett will mean Millicent have a very impressive Ruck combo with he and Haggett.

As for the rest of the recruits well not sure what they are like but if a couple of them could be more than handy players that will help Millicent greatly.

Biggest loss could be Matt Bryant as I have heard he has retired from A grade, but there are plenty of kids that have got a sniff of A grade footy over the past few seasons who will also be looking to cement their places in the senior team.

I heard Milera was trying to get out of his contract? And thank you for that interesting and informative post.

wotdoiput, that is 2 and a half minutes of my life that I will never recover, you would be the only soul in the SE that actually gives a sh!t about what Millicent are doing in 2012. If I was you I would focus my attention on the only 3 teams that are capable of getting there names scribbled on the cup this season and that is North, South and Portland. End of story my friend!!

The saints have just made a couple of key signings for those who care. North east and portland will round at the top 3.

Milera has not shown any interest since day one. The club has talked him into coming back but I think the writing is on the wall.

Well have seen on the clearances that there is a couple of other Milera's trying to get clearances to Millicent, maybe picked up to keep Tim at the club?

wotdoiput, that is 2 and a half minutes of my life that I will never recover, you would be the only soul in the SE that actually gives a sh!t about what Millicent are doing in 2012. If I was you I would focus my attention on the only 3 teams that are capable of getting there names scribbled on the cup this season and that is North, South and Portland. End of story my friend!!

**Clap clap clap** well done you keyboard warrior, oh so tough.

Someone asked a question about key ins and outs, so I answered that question about the one club I knew something about.. living in the town and all.

You dont wanna know about Millicent.. dont read you flog.

Didnt say anywhere that they are a chance for the flag, cos they are not.... but that doesnt mean that all the clubs that arent a realistic chance for the flag just shut up shop for the year.

Dont like people writing opinons then get off the forums you tosspot.

I think you'll see millicent make the top 5 this year. What club do you play for freak? Will we blessed with your presence out on the field in rd 1.

Casterton aren't clearing Brent Howard...is he under contract?

I think you'll see millicent make the top 5 this year. What club do you play for freak? Will we blessed with your presence out on the field in rd 1.

Casterton aren't clearing Brent Howard...is he under contract?

I think they could make the 5, if their recruits work out with some other teams slipping. Just never know... 2 yearrs ago before the start of the season I would of told you you were taking the piss that the Saints would make the GF, strange things have happened.

But surely North must be a monty for the flag? Seriously how much cash does that club have? Every year they seem to have a boatload of new recruits. If they dont win it this year they may as well close the doors.

I think they could make the 5, if their recruits work out with some other teams slipping. Just never know... 2 yearrs ago before the start of the season I would of told you you were taking the piss that the Saints would make the GF, strange things have happened.

But surely North must be a monty for the flag? Seriously how much cash does that club have? Every year they seem to have a boatload of new recruits. If they dont win it this year they may as well close the doors.

I'm hearing over 100,000 each year from pokie licenses. This alone could stuff up the WBFl . They can get 5 guns a year on 1000 a game and still come out smiling. Hope this figure is way off but I'm worried it will only increase in the future.

I'm hearing over 100,000 each year from pokie licenses. This alone could stuff up the WBFl . They can get 5 guns a year on 1000 a game and still come out smiling. Hope this figure is way off but I'm worried it will only increase in the future.

Wow thats amazing if true.

If anything is astonishing that they havent won a flag for so long if that is true. Must have some truth,, every year they pick up a handful of new players from handy leagues.

I think the portland fc has pokies as well. These 2 clubs would have to be the wealthiest in the league followed by hamilton and west. Where does hamilton get there money from?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back