Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

All 6 wbfl clubs need to get together and take a vote. Vote to stay in the wbfl and watch their clubs deteriorate or vote to join the mid se and have a future.

Heard jackson lock played a game for west. Geez their club must be struggling no wonder Smith and ransom got out of there. West lost their two best coaches and their best mid and also best kid they have. All reports Smith doin well in mse and enjoying being at a club where people wanna be there not because they get paid too much money. umpiring is s**t but league is better. Where will west be next year with selfish wilson gone holmes king mcelroy and morton leaving as well. If it was raining fannies west gambier would get hit by a NTTAWWTter

They said that about Tim Obrien when he played his first game. Jackson Lock is a gun just hope football doesn't lose him to cricket.

All 6 wbfl clubs need to get together and take a vote. Vote to stay in the wbfl and watch their clubs deteriorate or vote to join the mid se and have a future.

It's never been better. No travel , big games every week. 2 extra grades on Saturday.
As if the MSE would let the Mount clubs let them join. It would be a joke because the only premiers would be the Mount sides and in every grade.

ventured down to watch MDSE and if they think they are closing the gap on WBFL they are joking. Umpire to scared to report W McDonald after a late hit and the big usless gasgoine should also been reported for hitting T Sulivan. To see young MR Smith who played WBFL play mate your football has gone a long

went watch a MDSE game again and Big will mcdonald should have been reported as well as gasgoine, umpire to scared. why would young smith from west go there, his footy has gone backwards real quickly.
obviously you are a west supporter

Heard jackson lock played a game for west. Geez their club must be struggling no wonder Smith and ransom got out of there. West lost their two best coaches and their best mid and also best kid they have. All reports Smith doin well in mse and enjoying being at a club where people wanna be there not because they get paid too much money. umpiring is s**t but league is better. Where will west be next year with selfish wilson gone holmes king mcelroy and morton leaving as well. If it was raining fannies west gambier would get hit by a NTTAWWTter
Yeah Smith doing real well at Pt Mac !! Has been in the best players ONCE in 6 games . I think they have lost more games since he has been in there Senior side. The big gun had to play in the Resy's before he could get a game in the seniors .As for NTTAWWTters I really don't think you can go past NORTH as we all know they have had some fair dinkum ones !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kntfl have sent a letter out to all wbfl clubs inviting them to join their comp in 2016. From what I've heard the clubs are for it.

Kntfl have sent a letter out to all wbfl clubs inviting them to join their comp in 2016. From what I've heard the clubs are for it.

Read about that in the local paper, really dont know what to think here. Fair distance to travel for players particularly for juniors, and don't think this will help the standard of those teams struggling in the WBFL who seem to me ready to fold!

Read about that in the local paper, really dont know what to think here. Fair distance to travel for players particularly for juniors, and don't think this will help the standard of those teams struggling in the WBFL who seem to me ready to fold!

I don't see which wbfl clubs are close to folding, obviously some have issues, Millicent may be in a lot of trouble if they don't hang on to their juniors.

I don't see which wbfl clubs are close to folding, obviously some have issues, Millicent may be in a lot of trouble if they don't hang on to their juniors.

as for us northies being NTTAWWTters, i thought that was left to those Festa at west.

millicent nare going to hit hard the mdse clubs and offer money to get players back, best thing is for the ktnfl and wbfl to merg. those teams that are paying big money are slowing dying as they have no locals so it would be logical for both leagues to merg.

as for us northies being NTTAWWTters, i thought that was left to those Festa at west.

millicent nare going to hit hard the mdse clubs and offer money to get players back, best thing is for the ktnfl and wbfl to merg. those teams that are paying big money are slowing dying as they have no locals so it would be logical for both leagues to merg.

This is what i call folding
South Gambier
31.22-208
FINAL

Millicent
1.3-9

Heywood Coleraine Penola all left the WBFL because they were totally uncompetitive i would not blame Millicent if they walked now.

This is what i call folding
South Gambier
31.22-208
FINAL

Millicent
1.3-9

Heywood Coleraine Penola all left the WBFL because they were totally uncompetitive i would not blame Millicent if they walked now.

How can Millicent be competitive when you have a district league and at least three clubs based around it in a community that is declining significantly in population through economic reasons? The only way Millicent can survive in what is left of the WBFL is to actually kill off 1-3 MSE clubs. The SACFL are just like the VCFL, they will resist making a decision that effectively condemns a club to merger or extinction, preferring the clubs to make the calls themselves. Who would have thought Hamilton & Imps would have merged? I certainly didn't - up until the writing was put on the wall.

Bottom line, there is a lot of work to be done in the SE to realign the competition/s and clubs so you have competitions that are competitive and sustainable and not all clubs can survive. The smart smaller ones should be talking to others about alliances now.

How can Millicent be competitive when you have a district league and at least three clubs based around it in a community that is declining significantly in population through economic reasons? The only way Millicent can survive in what is left of the WBFL is to actually kill off 1-3 MSE clubs. The SACFL are just like the VCFL, they will resist making a decision that effectively condemns a club to merger or extinction, preferring the clubs to make the calls themselves. Who would have thought Hamilton & Imps would have merged? I certainly didn't - up until the writing was put on the wall.

Bottom line, there is a lot of work to be done in the SE to realign the competition/s and clubs so you have competitions that are competitive and sustainable and not all clubs can survive. The smart smaller ones should be talking to others about alliances now.

millicent wont be able to leave as MDSE dont want then as they have 3 clubs around them, wbfl and kntfl need to merg an cull some tems to make it a strong league.

millicent wont be able to leave as MDSE dont want then as they have 3 clubs around them, wbfl and kntfl need to merg an cull some tems to make it a strong league.

Going by this season I don't see what option they have but to leave. They will still lose players at seasons end to other clubs, retirements, players going to adelaide, you would expect next year to be even tougher. It think transferring in sa is a little different to the vcfl. It states a working party would make the decision. I assume that would contain representatives from wbfl, mid se and sacfl.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back