Western Bulldogs 2014 Offseason thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If I were the Dogs I'd be sounding out Jeff Garlett, probably won't cost them all that much and will fill a need in their line up by adding speed and allowing Dal to push up into the midfield.

Sort of interested. Keen on the talent and the attributes, but worried about the off-field stuff impacting on him. Given that, I'd only be keen on offering a very late pick for him and probably not what he deserves in terms of wages. Doesn't really make an attractive offer to either player or Carlton - so unlikely to be of interest.

If I were the Dogs I'd be sounding out Jeff Garlett, probably won't cost them all that much and will fill a need in their line up by adding speed and allowing Dal to push up into the midfield.
Really like Jeffy man. Fills a need for us and would be cheapish. Makes a lot of sense for next year. But for me, the decision comes down to whether we think he'll still be playing high level footy in 3 or 4 years time, when our midfield core is in their prime. If the answer is yes, then Im all for it. Understand he has some consistency issues, but an underrated talent IMO.

Really like Jeffy man. Fills a need for us and would be cheapish. Makes a lot of sense for next year. But for me, the decision comes down to whether we think he'll still be playing high level footy in 3 or 4 years time, when our midfield core is in their prime. If the answer is yes, then Im all for it. Understand he has some consistency issues, but an underrated talent IMO.

I think we give him a crack we need forwards of all shapes and sizes kicking more goals next year and it will take pressure away from Stringer/Crameri etc to kick 40 goals a season + think its a no brainer.

I think we give him a crack we need forwards of all shapes and sizes kicking more goals next year and it will take pressure away from Stringer/Crameri etc to kick 40 goals a season + think its a no brainer.

For the right price, I agree. Not sure what Carlton are expecting in return, or what he would like to be paid - but if the price is right, it could be a good move for us..

Lots of rumours that were heavily into Sam Reid. Would love to hear neutral supporters views of what we'd have to give up. Our first rounder is way overs and 2nd rounder definitely unders. What do people think?

Y
Lots of rumours that were heavily into Sam Reid. Would love to hear neutral supporters views of what we'd have to give up. Our first rounder is way overs and 2nd rounder definitely unders. What do people think?
After watching him Yesterday, Your fourth pick in the rookie draft is overs for Reid

Y
After watching him Yesterday, Your fourth pick in the rookie draft is overs for Reid
Yeah he was pretty bad, and hasn't been great all year. Reckon it'd be pretty hard for him though playing his weird decoy role behind Tippet and Buddy. Reckon he could flourish being more of a focal point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Running theme is people that are lacking a bit between the ears. I at least have sympathy for Tutt leaving for more opportunities because he was playing alright in the seniors this year before he got dropped.

Running theme is people that are lacking a bit between the ears. I at least have sympathy for Tutt leaving for more opportunities because he was playing alright in the seniors this year before he got dropped.

I've stated on numerous occasions that Tutt was harshly treated and unlucky this year - particularly in comparison to certain efforts from Cooney that were overlooked.

I wish him well, but it's not the end of the world...

Was a late out from memory and couldn't force his way back into the team.
A team who needs another running player could do worse than trade a third rounder for him.

I'm most disappointed in losing Jones. Especially if he gets going and playing consistently at another club.

Don't really care about Tutt and Higgins.

Dogs draft Wright as a FF(wont be ready immediately of course), trade in Sam Reid as a CHF with there second rounder and start getting games into Cordy and Campbell as the ruck/3rd tall forward duo and your set! The KPF woes will be gone both short, and long term.

Crameri doesnt get shafted being played as the number 1 key forward(when hes already undersized) and plays more as a mobile roaming forward flanker 4th tall, and Stringer plays more as a midfielder(that is the expectation for him isnt it? Or is he expected to be a KPF?) along with Bontempelli, Macrae, Wallis, Liberatore and Griffen.

Have a 3 tall backline of Roughead, Talia and Roberts, with Cordy as that 4th tall flanker type, with Jason Johannison(i rate him and think he will be a great player) as a run and carry rebounder.

Fill in the gaps with good players and your laughing.

I like the direction my second favorite team is heading.

Dogs draft Wright as a FF(wont be ready immediately of course), trade in Sam Reid as a CHF with there second rounder and start getting games into Cordy and Campbell as the ruck/3rd tall forward duo and your set! The KPF woes will be gone both short, and long term.

Crameri doesnt get shafted being played as the number 1 key forward(when hes already undersized) and plays more as a mobile roaming forward flanker 4th tall, and Stringer plays more as a midfielder(that is the expectation for him isnt it? Or is he expected to be a KPF?) along with Bontempelli, Macrae, Wallis, Liberatore and Griffen.

Have a 3 tall backline of Roughead, Talia and Roberts, with Cordy as that 4th tall flanker type, with Jason Johannison(i rate him and think he will be a great player) as a run and carry rebounder.

I've never understood the hysteria around the Dogs going nowhere.
Unbelievably quick rebuild. If you're right, and they can somehow get their hands on Reid and Wright, they'll be laughing.
Incredibly talented and powerful midfield, and with Wright and Reid they'd have some seriously good KPP prospects.

As soon as they hit their straps, they can just recruit an A-grade ruckman through FA. They'll compete with Port, Gold Coast and the Giants in 3-4 years for premierships.

You read me like a book bro

Remove this Banner Ad

Back