Western Bulldogs BigFooty Consensus Best 22 - Now Voting on Interchange (vote for 4)

Which four players make up the interchange of our "best 22"?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Because I'm not creative enough to come up with my own ideas for the board, here's one shamelessly stolen from other team boards.

Recently a number of team boards have undertaken an exercise where a vote is held for each line of their best 22, with the players earning the most votes "winning" that position. This will culminate in a BigFooty Best 22, which should hopefully be an interesting topic for discussion. The vote will run until around the day of the draft (November 24th).

I'll be doing the voting a little differently to other team boards, however. A number of players that I feel are relevant to the current line will be placed into a poll. You are to vote for three players per line. For example, we'll be picking the full back line from now until Wednesday, so you should vote for two back pockets and our full back. New polls will be put up every few days. Below is a tentative schedule for when the polls will go up:

Full back line: NOW - 12:01am Wednesday 4th
Half back line: 12:01am Wednesday - 12:01am Saturday 7th
On-ballers: 12:01am Saturday 7th - 12:01am Tuesday 10th
Wingmen: 12:01am Tuesday 10th - 12:01am Friday 13th
Forward line: 12:01am Friday 13th - 12:01am Monday 16th
Interchange: 12:01am Monday 16th - 12:01am Thursday 19th
Alteration period: 12:01am Thursday 19th - 12:01am Sunday 22nd

I may alter a few times if we're not getting enough votes. Feel free to discuss the selections on the thread but make sure you vote in the poll to ensure that your vote is counted. Only votes from Western Bulldogs supporters will be considered.

Again, in this poll we're selecting two back pockets and a full back. If you believe I've missed anybody that should be eligible in these positions, let me know and I'll add them in.

Current Lineup
FB: Morris - Roberts - Boyd
HB: Murphy - Hamling - Wood
C: Hunter - Liberatore - Macrae
HF: McLean - Stringer - Crameri
FF: Dickson - Boyd - Dahlhaus
R: Roughead - Wallis - Bontempelli
I: x - x - x - x​

Last edited:

I think it needs to be done as a 6.
I might have someone on half back and someone might have them in the pocket and the poll won't reflect their popularity in the team.

Wood, Murphy, JJ and Boyd Are obvious half back and pocket choices but where they go is kind of arbitrary.
I did consider that but figured that we'd end up with a huge poll and just too many choices per poll. Would get out of hand. The easier way to do it imo is to vote on the lines, then after the best 22 has been created, we can have a period where additional changes can be voted on if we feel they're necessary. The bench should do a reasonable job at "cleaning up" those that don't get picked elsewhere yet should be in, anyway.

I think it needs to be done as a 6.
I might have someone on half back and someone might have them in the pocket and the poll won't reflect their popularity in the team.

Wood, Murphy, JJ and Boyd Are obvious half back and pocket choices but where they go is kind of arbitrary.

If someone misses out on the full back line, they will be in the poll again for the half back line with the 3 full back players taken out

Okay I'm seeing an issue here with the voting. I have an idea for how to fix it next round but for this round I'll need suggestions.

Currently the three leading vote-getters are Morris, Roberts and Hamling. I assume people are voting on Hamling as full back - should I assume Roberts and Hamling are vying for the one position (full back), thus leaving the other available for CHB? Or put both on the same line?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay I'm seeing an issue here with the voting. I have an idea for how to fix it next round but for this round I'll need suggestions.

Currently the three leading vote-getters are Morris, Roberts and Hamling. I assume people are voting on Hamling as full back - should I assume Roberts and Hamling are vying for the one position (full back), thus leaving the other available for CHB? Or put both on the same line?
I guess this is another reason 6 works better. I see the cleanliness (for lack of a better word) for doing it line by line. But you will have issues like this. If you leave him to the next round ans assume he makes it, what happens if he doesn't (I know this isn't likely)?

I guess this is another reason 6 works better. I see the cleanliness (for lack of a better word) for doing it line by line. But you will have issues like this. If you leave him to the next round ans assume he makes it, what happens if he doesn't (I know this isn't likely)?
These players likely get picked up on the bench anyway so I don't see it as a huge problem. Regardless, in terms of actual team selection, if a guy like Hamling isn't deemed good enough to be picked down back (or Biggs, to use your other example) he's unlikely to make the team. It works similarly in this. I know it seems obvious that certain players should make the team but that's part of the interest of a fan-voted best 22; you won't necessarily agree with the team and I think it's interesting to see how it comes out, even if some of the selections are an artefact of the way the team is picked.

As I said though, I have a solution for fixing many of the issues next round. Probably should have done it this round but as you can see I didn't think this through as well as I thought I did. :$ I still don't see it causing massive issues though.

Alright, poll has been updated. Minor change to the voting. I've now split players in terms of position - there's one half back flank section (from which you'll pick two players) and one centre half back section (from which you'll pick one player). Should help separate who's being voted for in which position. Again, if you think somebody should be eligible but isn't, let me know and I'll add them to the poll.

Back