News Western Bulldogs Fallout Thread [Latest: McCartney Joins Demons]

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta wonder what the heck is going on at the dogs.

Is Griff just after a massive last contract?
Is McCartney that bad a coach?
Is the playing group lead by malcontents?

Does my head in.

NOT SURE THAT HOGGY REQUESTED IT MY FRIEND , think youll find leigh Colbert was later
talk about winning a trade. Hogg for Broderick and M. Gale (both stars) and Dundas (didn't work out, but had heaps of talent).

Gotta wonder what the heck is going on at the dogs.

Is Griff just after a massive last contract?
Is McCartney that bad a coach?
Is the playing group lead by malcontents?

Does my head in.

Tail has wagged the dog (pun sort of intended) down at the kennel for many many years..... 1 flag says it all.

I'm actually guessing that some players didn't like the hard truths that were dished out in the exit meetings..... so they are sooking and have taken their bats and balls with them..... Good riddance. Short term pain for a culture change is worth it.... We'd have sacked the coach by now!

Tail has wagged the dog (pun sort of intended) down at the kennel for many many years..... 1 flag says it all.

I'm actually guessing that some players didn't like the hard truths that were dished out in the exit meetings..... so they are sooking and have taken their bats and balls with them..... Good riddance. Short term pain for a culture change is worth it.... We'd have sacked the coach by now!

Not convinced when you lose a guy like Griff. He is a stand up loyal bloke who wants the best out of himself and his team.

He is like Cotchin just a lot quieter, and I could never imagine cotch having a sook and going home. He's just work on what you told him he was doing wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I should check our the dogs board. I reckon their 'sack Dimma' group will be going off. :p

Not convinced when you lose a guy like Griff. He is a stand up loyal bloke who wants the best out of himself and his team.

He is like Cotchin just a lot quieter, and I could never imagine cotch having a sook and going home. He's just work on what you told him he was doing wrong.

Big fish, little pond perhaps. I would have thought from the outside, that he had a pretty quiet year, certainly in comparison to 2013.... maybe he didn't want to hear it.

We heard this year from our club that the boys wanted coaches and peers to be harder on them and give more honest feedback..... perhaps not the case yet at the Kennel....

Tell that to Melbourne. Serious culture problems at the Bullies.

So you dont want Howlett because he is dictating to the board..... yet you are questioning the Dogs because players want to leave???

McCartney is making the hard choices... maybe he is the man to change the culture and thats what he is doing?

So you dont want Howlett because he is dictating to the board..... yet you are questioning the Dogs because players want to leave???

McCartney is making the hard choices... maybe he is the man to change the culture and thats what he is doing?

Howlett does not have the pedigree of Griffen nor is he a club captain. For a club captain to walk says an awful lot about whats going on, the Captain is meant to be the bridge between the players and coach. He is the guy entrusted by the coach to be his voice on the field.

McCartney has created a very insular about the mates culture, Mooney is mouthing off in public about kicking Griff out of the club when he is a part time assistant down there is just ridiculous. Offering a 31 Lonergan 500k for 3 years is a deal is stupid.

Howlett does not have the pedigree of Griffen nor is he a club captain. For a club captain to walk says an awful lot about whats going on, the Captain is meant to be the bridge between the players and coach. He is the guy entrusted by the coach to be his voice on the field.

McCartney has created a very insular about the mates culture, Mooney is mouthing off in public about kicking Griff out of the club when he is a part time assistant down there is just ridiculous. Offering a 31 Lonergan 500k for 3 years is a deal is stupid.

If the dogs can land 2 picks inside top 10 and have 3 all up ... than I think they are making a tough call for its long term future. Griffith is 28... and its him who wants to leave. Why he wants to leave is something we dont know.....

If the dogs can land 2 picks inside top 10 and have 3 all up ... than I think they are making a tough call for its long term future. Griffith is 28... and its him who wants to leave. Why he wants to leave is something we dont know.....

They won't get two picks for him he is 28. They'll get 1 and probably another in the 20's.

Top 10 picks mean nothing if the culture is rotten, just ask us and Melbourne.

They won't get two picks for him he is 28. They'll get 1 and probably another in the 20's.

Top 10 picks mean nothing if the culture is rotten, just ask us and Melbourne.

I see alot of improvements in their youngsters and see a side that is being driven really well. Short term pain for long term gain..... It didnt work at Melbourne because they deliberately tanked,,,,,

And us??? I have a theory about our culture but I;ll leave that story for another day.

talk about winning a trade. Hogg for Broderick and M. Gale (both stars) and Dundas (didn't work out, but had heaps of talent).

we gave them some used goal kicking nets to get the deal done though, so they did pretty well too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back