Western Bulldogs family day

Remove this Banner Ad

King Bont

Cancelled
Mar 22, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
just wanted to know what time it starts because I can't seem to find official times of when the practise match before hand kicks off.
And also what else is there to do at the family day afterwards? Is it just meet the players ?

just wanted to know what time it starts because I can't seem to find official times of when the practise match before hand kicks off.
And also what else is there to do at the family day afterwards? Is it just meet the players ?
Been to about the last three of these, with kids in tow. Some changes from each to year to the next, so not 100% on how this year's will work.

The prez, coach and captain have usually gotten up on a stage or similar to talk to the crowd at one point in the day.

Lots of kids stuff, speccie machine was a hit with my two last year - they went for about 1.5 hours solid on that.

Autograph signing tents will be set up for about an hour at some point in the day. We managed to make it to the front of both the Bontempelli and Dahlhaus queues last year to get both jumpers signed. Pretty good for access to the players.

Been to about the last three of these, with kids in tow. Some changes from each to year to the next, so not 100% on how this year's will work.

The prez, coach and captain have usually gotten up on a stage or similar to talk to the crowd at one point in the day.

Lots of kids stuff, speccie machine was a hit with my two last year - they went for about 1.5 hours solid on that.

Autograph signing tents will be set up for about an hour at some point in the day. We managed to make it to the front of both the Bontempelli and Dahlhaus queues last year to get both jumpers signed. Pretty good for access to the players.
Thanks for that mate. I'm planning on going with a mate who's also 23 so I suppose other than the practise match there won't really be much else for us to do. But definitely good for the kids

WESTERN BULLDOGS FAMILY DAY

The Western Bulldogs will once again combine their annual Family Day with an added feature in 2016 – a match simulation between the 2016 playing group.

After successfully combining the two in 2015, the Club will once again provide fans and members the opportunity to catch the playing group in action in one of their first proper hit outs ahead of the 2016 AFL Premiership Season.

Gates will open at Victoria University Whitten Oval at 9:00am on Saturday 13 February, with match simulation to commence at approximately 9:30am.

Families and junior supporters will have access to food and sponsor activations throughout the morning, while player autographs will also be available at the end of proceedings.

Fans will hear from key Western Bulldogs personnel and coaching staff throughout the day.

The key confirmed timings for the event are:

9:00am: Gates Open at Victoria University Whitten Oval.
9:30am: Match Simulation, with player autograph signing, interviews and presentations to follow.
2.00pm: Event Concludes

Event Details

When: Saturday, 13 February 2016, from 9:00am to 2:00pm
Venue: Victoria University Whitten Oval, 417 Barkly Street, West Footscray
Features: Match Simulation, Kids Zone, Sponsor Activations, Player Autograph Signings, Appearance by The Pack.

*Entry is by Gold Coin Donation

How did you do that?
FAMILY DAY VIP EXPERIENCE
As part of this year’s Family Day, the Western Bulldogs are giving 100 supporters the chance to be part of a special VIP event and experience on the day.

The event will provide supporters with the chance to gain VIP access to the match simulation session, getting up close to their favourite players and experience watching the players go head-to-head from the best vantage point at Victoria University Whitten Oval.

This rare inner sanctum experience includes:
- VIP access to Family Day at 8.30am prior to gates opening to the public at 9:00am.
- Access to players only areas in the Elite Learning Centre at Whitten Oval, to watch the players' warm up for match simulation.
- Priority viewing of the match simulation with Western Bulldogs officials from the Level 3 VIP boardroom at Whitten Oval.
- A light breakfast and selection of juices
- Access to players only areas in the Elite Learning Centre after the match simulation as the players come off the ground.
- Exclusive meet and greet opportunity with a selection of players as they come off the ground.

BOOK NOW: This special VIP experience cost just $50 per person. To secure your spot at this event, please click here.

*NB: Western Bulldogs Events have introduced a new booking system, with a new login process. If you have previously booked an event with the Club online, a new user profile has been created for your in the new system. To access your password please follow the link above, insert your email, and click on Forgot Password to have your new login details emailed to you.

*Please note these login details are NOT the same as those used to access your My Bulldogs Account through the membership portal.

Hi all,

Never ventured down to a family day before. Presuming they have done them before, is the scratch match worthy of the trip down?
Not sure it's a scratch match exactly...they call it match simulation. I'm expecting competitive drills rather than a practice match...........but I don't really know.

Not sure it's a scratch match exactly...they call it match simulation. I'm expecting competitive drills rather than a practice match...........but I don't really know.
Last year's match simulation was red team vs blue team. Majority of one side was VFL guys and majority of other side was AFL guys, but plenty of overlap to get the right matchups.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is everyone? May as well take the chance to put faces to names. Apparently @fossie32 is generally up for catchups apparently.

For those not there..

Bev said we would go with a strong line up in the first NAB challenge game and then let some kids run around in game two, before fielding a reasonably strong side in the third game.

Gordon said there have been quite a few supporters from an unnamed club, making the switch to the dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back