Western Bulldogs v Brisbane - who has the better midfield?

Midfield - Western Bulldogs or Brisbane?

• Western Bulldogs

Votes: 74 49.0%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 77 51.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rockliff with 47 disposals, 11 clearances, 10 tackles and a goal.
Hanley with 45 disposals, 3 bounces, 11 I50's, 3 goal assists and 2 goals.
Zorko picked up 22 contested possessions.

In a couple of years, we're still going to be debating who has the better midfield.

At the moment I don't rate the Lions midfield against any decent midfield, mostly due to depth concerns, but yep, this debate will be between two top 4 midfields in a couple of years. If both sides fix their KPP concerns they may well be playing off for flags.

At the moment I don't rate the Lions midfield against any decent midfield, mostly due to depth concerns, but yep, this debate will be between two top 4 midfields in a couple of years. If both sides fix their KPP concerns they may well be playing off for flags.
we're missing 2 first choice mids in Rich and Redden, and we have been very competent without them, matched some of the best midfields in the comp. when those 2 come back, hanley and zorko will probably be pushed back to defence/forward lines because we can't fit them in. our midfield depth is fine

To be expected. Full strenth we'll look like this for round 1 2015

Rich, Rockliff, Redden, Zorko, Hanley, Aish

To be expected. Full strenth we'll look like this for round 1 2015

Rich, Rockliff, Redden, Zorko, Hanley, Aish
That's a really strong midfield in my opinion. Beams, Mayes and Taylor as depth is also really good.

The dogs would probably have Griffen, Liberatore, Macrae, Bontempelli, Dahlhaus. Similarly, we have good young depth in Wallis, Hrovat and Stevens. Reckon Stringer might start to run in the mids next year too.

I think the expansion clubs will have their midfields challenged more than most people would expect. Lions and Dogs both looking very impressive.

I would love to have a re-vote after we've had some good wins recently. Think the result would be at least closer to 50-50.

Forget 2016, even in 2015 will be exciting for us. Who do you tag when you play Brisbane at the start of 2015? Rich, Rockliff, Hanley, Zorko or Redden? Then we have the one two punch of Martin and Leuenberger.

I would love to have a re-vote after we've had some good wins recently. Think the result would be at least closer to 50-50.

Forget 2016, even in 2015 will be exciting for us. Who do you tag when you play Brisbane at the start of 2015? Rich, Rockliff, Hanley, Zorko or Redden? Then we have the one two punch of Martin and Leuenberger.
This poll was started during the Western Bulldogs midfield love-in :p It would definitely be at least 50/50.

I'm really a fan of Brisbane's midfield. It's so multi-layered, and there are so many different players that can cut you up if you don't tag them. We saw that last night, tag Hanley and Zorko destroys you. And then those that are close to untaggable (Rockliff).

Not Redden.

I'd probably agree with Dom PC and say Bewick is probably the least talented of that group. I think both our midfields are going to be in the top 5 mids in a couple of years. We've got Leuenberger/Martin as the rucks, Hanley, Rockliff, Redden, Rich, Aish, Zorko, Taylor, Beams, Mayes, Lester and O'Brien that will all be rotating through there.

Don't get me wrong, I really rate Macrae, Griffen, Libba and Bonts They're on track to be a tiny bit better than our first 4 mids. But I think our midfield depth is where we have you covered.

Will be interesting to come back to this conversation in a couple of years. Don't think there will be much between them.
NOOOO you agree with a fellow supporter, shock horror:-0)

Stringer will be our burst through and be not be able to be tackled clearance mid in 2 years time. think pendles but with way more strength to bust open and clear.

bulldogs are way over estimating their young list .... there in for a decade of mid to bottom finishes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forward I should add
If you don't trade Pick 4 for Beams, you should be able to pick up Paddy McCartin or Peter Wright.

I'd prefer you didn't, but the opportunity is there, haha.

Back