Western Bulldogs v Melbourne

Arkangel

All Australian
Jun 8, 2007
Internet City
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Doggies fans don't like any free kicks called against them.

Personally I---like every supporter of every team that isn't the Bulldogs---love it when the opposition gets free kicks. When one of our players tackles the opposition and my fellow supporters yell out, "Ball!", I always yell "too high!" After all, that's why we come to the game, isn't it? To enjoy the free kicks that go to the opposition?

Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Personally I---like every supporter of every team that isn't the Bulldogs---love it when the opposition gets free kicks. When one of our players tackles the opposition and my fellow supporters yell out, "Ball!", I always yell "too high!" After all, that's why we come to the game, isn't it? To enjoy the free kicks that go to the opposition?
Just commenting on the loud booing over a cpl of obvious free kicks against in the last minute of the game after getting the rub of the green all game. ;)
I did enjoy the game though, doggies were great. :thumbsu:

May 15, 2007
Central Vic
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Bulldogs were very good, always going to win but am I a complete one-eyed supporter to think Melbourne got bent over by umpires? The lack of consistency was astounding.

No you're not. Dee's were battling a good side in red-hot form (for the most part) and the umps couldn't help but go along for the ride. Take out the bad one to Gawn and it was one-way traffic.

Not sure it made the difference in the end though??:confused:

devil demon

Senior List
Sep 27, 2005
Earth
AFL Club
Melbourne
One of the problems with the demons is that they pick their moments to go hard rather than applying constant pressure like the dogs.

Constant pressure like that 5-0 goal third quarter? Not saying you're wrong about the demons. It's just most teams struggle to apply constant pressure

Constant pressure like that 5-0 goal third quarter? Not saying you're wrong about the demons. It's just most teams struggle to apply constant pressure
When you're not playing well, applying tackles should be a priority.

Apr 29, 2008
Epping
AFL Club
Essendon
Roos and his ideas are just ancient. Bulldogs are playing with new ideas. Though clubs tend to make huge strides in working out how other team play very fast.

For the Dogs to make top 4 we are going to need to win 2 out of the last 3 games and need Sydney to drop 1 as well.

For the Dogs to make top 4 we are going to need to win 2 out of the last 3 games and need Sydney to drop 1 as well.

Sydney have GWS, St Kilda & Gold Coast, top 4 would be absolutely amazing for us but it won't happen

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
western bulldogs are the most overated team in the league. all their impressive wins come at etihad, away from etihad their not very good. only impressive win outside etihad was their win against the swans in shocking conditions where sydney always struggle in the wet. Other than that only 2 wins outside etihad against Richmond beginning of season (same richmond that lost to melbourne), and gold coast up in cairns without half their midfield. Will get hammered next week away from Etihad, and then wont play any finals at Etihad either so wont be a threat
Wow.... what a stupid thing to say, doesn't youre side take advantage of youre bome ground?

Last edited:
Back