Preview Western Bulldogs vs West Coast Eagles. Round 1, 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true. Watched his highlights this morning from his first game last season, can't wait to see him back. That ball movement.

Do they have his highlights of the game against Essendon?

I'm not too concerned about Stringer. He's behind the others in the fitness department but on footballing skills he's right up near the top at the club. Could play a variety of positions very well in my opinion.

His skills and physicality are very good. Can deliver bullet passes, great tackler, good overhead and can kick goals.

Depends on how much you drink.
Think we'll all be having a fair bit to drink whatever the result. I'm playing in a cricket Grand Final that day and the day before too, so I'll have already had a few by the time our game even starts, haha.

Think we'll all be having a fair bit to drink whatever the result. I'm playing in a cricket Grand Final that day and the day before too, so I'll have already had a few by the time our game even starts, haha.
Good man
Good man!

I really can't wait for Sunday, I love watching the Bullies more than words can express. It's not quite the same as seeing it live, but I'm still super pumped.

IMO we'll go slightly smaller than if we were playing at Etihad, it's gonna be really hard to pick a lineup but I'll have a go...

B: JJ Roughead Picken
HB: Murphy Morris Higgins
C: Macrae Griff Cooney
HF: Dickson Jones Dahl
F: Campbell Crameri Hunter
Foll: Minson Libba Boyd
Int: Wallis Stevens Talia
Sub: Gia

Surely being a Western Bullodgs member entitles is to having next Monday off with pay? 7:40pm start :eek:

At least I'll be able to watch it after the kids go to bed. The Sunday afternoon time slots are the worst (and we've got heaps of them again this year!) - right through the middle of the chaos of getting kids fed and into bed. Wife is really stoked that the footy is blaring through that :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least I'll be able to watch it after the kids go to bed. The Sunday afternoon time slots are the worst (and we've got heaps of them again this year!) - right through the middle of the chaos of getting kids fed and into bed. Wife is really stoked that the footy is blaring through that :p
Post of the year. The boys still want to be running around kicking the footy when the 4:40 games kick off, and then it's dinner, bath, bed. Nightmare!!

ROBERT Murphy has declared himself ready to line up in the Western Bulldogs' season opener on Sunday, after a speedy recovery from a nasty elbow injury.

The veteran Bulldog, who will play his 250th game for the club against the Eagles, was set to miss up to two months after suffering the injury at training at the start of February.

But after avoiding surgery the 31-year-old has made a quicker than expected return and played in last week's intra-club, priming himself for a round one berth at Patersons Stadium.

"I'm surprised how well it has recovered but it's fully healed," Murphy told Fox Footy on Monday.

"I got through [the intra-club] OK."

Murphy reaches his milestone healthy and, perhaps as importantly, confident in the club's direction after an encouraging finish to last season.

"We got a roll on and I feel as fit as I ever have," Murphy said.

The Bulldogs won four of their last six games to end 2013. Although reluctant to project his side as finalists this season, Murphy was sure they had improved since last year under coach Brendan McCartney.

"I think there's definitely an upward spiral," he said.

"As a playing group we embraced Brendan's vision right from the start and I was always very confident of the long-term plan, in the back of my mind thinking: 'Would I be around for it?'

"Halfway through last year you do start to wonder [that] you'd like to see more results.

"So that was really pleasing in the second half of the year and out on the ground it started to feel good again and it hadn't felt like that for a while."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-17/murphy-declares-himself-ready

I remember Murph putting in an article last year something along the lines of 'and the veteran, wondering if he had it in him to climb the mountain one more time.'
Pretty exciting to think he could be around for the next flag tilt considering he'll have been at the club for 15 years by November this year.

Based on what we saw in the preseason Stringer is probably ahead of Jones in the selectors minds. He is a bit shorter but he's a bloody skilful player and will grow as a player to hold a key post when he is forward (although can't just yet). He's really similar to Pavlich except he's quicker and has a bigger leap. My tip for the line up in round 1 up forward has him, Crameri and Campbell. Jones will need to push out Stringer or Campbell but has a bit to do.

Based on what we saw in the preseason Stringer is probably ahead of Jones in the selectors minds. He is a bit shorter but he's a bloody skilful player and will grow as a player to hold a key post when he is forward (although can't just yet). He's really similar to Pavlich except he's quicker and has a bigger leap. My tip for the line up in round 1 up forward has him, Crameri and Campbell. Jones will need to push out Stringer or Campbell but has a lot to do.

Is Darley any chance of playing round one? From the sounds of it, he has some things he needs to work on...

Is Darley any chance of playing round one? From the sounds of it, he has some things he needs to work on...
Still a few vfl games away.
Needs to work on his marking and run and carry.
Was caught out a couple of times in the intra-club game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back