Western Bulldogs will make the Top 8

Remove this Banner Ad

We're not top 8, but we're not bottom 4. Just that really shitty inbetween area.

He hasn't shown much as a HBF at AFL level, and we're playing him as a tagger - you have one of the best in the competition with Crowley, so I'm not sure Freo need him.
If we had known that McPhee was going to re sign, wait till it was too late and then quit... we would probably have tried to hang on to him.

Are you hard to beat at Etihad? You lost a few there last year. I can't see Fremantle losing to Footscray, here or anywhere.

Keep looking at last year buddy. Don't think we even scored close to 100 pts. I don't blame you for looking at Stats for last year but this team is not the same.

Can't remember seeing Morris, Goodes and a more experience Johannissen running around at Etihad. I haven't come with this conclusion just because we won last week. It was the way we moved the ball. If we lose by more than 50 pts today, I'll come back on and acknowledge that I was over excited about last weeks display. I analyze why we couldn't play like that last year and a lot of things come up such as:

New Look Backline (Morris, Goodes, Young) improving Johannissen and a much improved Roughead.

Midfield - Showed that we didn't miss Boyd and have great depth in there getting Lower and Stevens. Liberatore and Wallis will Step up. Griffen will hit his peak and with show a lot more with more support. Cooney will add a little more this year. Not relying on him at all and if can show glimpses will be a bonus.

Forwards - I agree with a lot of people that this is our weak link. We are certainly not a contender, however, capable of winning between 10-13 games. Having Murphy back there will create a lot more chances and scoring options. He will make guys like Higgins and Gia look a lot better. Jones will improve and can take contested Mark with his kicking improving. I'm not sold on Cordy at all but it looks like his improve his strength. Dahlhaus is something special.

Still got talented kids coming through in Clay Smith, Jake Stringer and Jackson MCrea.....We won't be relying on them like Melbourne does on their Kids

The Bulldogs will be competitive against middle tier and lower teams on the ladder. They will be beaten soundly by the better teams this season. They have good young players but are still a few seasons away from being up with the good teams. Case in point they will most likely get their arses handed to them today by Freo who is a potential top 4 team in 2013. That will tell you exactly where they are at. Some people get carried away with the hype don't they (referring to the OP).

Keep looking at last year buddy. Don't think we even scored close to 100 pts. I don't blame you for looking at Stats for last year but this team is not the same.

I'm not saying you haven't improved, but Fremantle are better than you, period. They've also improved with some nice inclusions and they've learned how to play Lyon's gameplan. My point about last year wasn't to say that nothing has changed, just to dispute the notion that you rarely lose at Etihad, which isn't true. I mean heck, I think Richmond are on the up too but Fremantle would be a good chance to beat them too in Melbourne. I have Fremantle finishing top four, don't be so offended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anddddddd they are down 32-1, not yet quarter time...

Last week was promising but they have a long way to go yet.

I think OP is on his own here, we are just at the start of a rebuild, we will win some and get flogged by other teams. We are 2 years off finals. 5-6 wins this year.

Still think they'll struggle to win five games and Fremantle will eat their souls this afternoon.

tumblr_lrrvvdAQib1r22325o1_500.gif

Fair reflection of where we are at as a side - ~5 goals the difference in the end, matched it with Freo for 90% of the game but they comfortably accounted for us in a couple of bursts.

Still a much better effort today than we showed for most of last year, JJ, Libba, Smith & Stevens showing some good signs. Dahlhaus kicking 3 another positive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back