Western Region FL - Division Two - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I was surprised by the quality of the game, it was fairly clean and in stages there was some real crisp ball movement, especially from Wyndhamvale.

The opening quarter was the start of a pattern that continued for most of the day, early signs were that Districts were a touch harder at the contest and looked like they would get the early jump, the key forwards looked a little more dangerous, but they severely lacked a crumbing forward to do any damage, when the ball hit the deck, the Falcons were able to sweep it away and open the game up far too easily. The Falcons run and carry was well suited to the ground and Districts found it tough to close the game up. Despite the Falcons dominating the quarter, Districts finally found a crumber and 2 quick goals at the end of the quarter had them back in the contest. Number 8 from the Falcons looked as though he was the go to man, but Luke Johnson from Districts had a big opening quarter, finding plenty of the footy himself and using the ball well. I have seen a bit of Luke in the past, and his attack on the BALL in the opening quarter was very impressive.

The 2nd quarter looked as though it would follow the same path, the Falcons on top, the run and link from the half back line looked as though it was going to be too much for Districts to contain, but once again, when the game closed down and became more contested, Districts not only found their way back into the game, but hit the front by half time. At this stage it looked as though that contested style of footy was going to come into it's own, the worrying sign for Districts was that Number 8 was starting to find separation and was dangerous, while the big Full Forward, number 18 for the Falcons looked the most dangerous forward option on the ground, his direct opponent was doing a great job, but when the Falcons got run and carry going, and he was isolated one on one without support from teammates, you could tell it was going to be a tough one for the Districts backman.

The 3rd quarter saw Districts get out of the box early, but really didn't make the most of the opportunity they had, number 19 was reading the ball well inside forward 50 and getting front and centre crumbs, but was just too slow in disposing of the footy, he finally kicked a goal, but could have had 3 or 4 for the quarter with a little bit of awareness, about the 14 minute mark of the quarter the game changed, the Falcons peppered away at the goals, kicking 3 straight behinds and it was one of those moments in a game of football, after those misses, if the ball goes up the other end and Districts score, the game breaks open. But Districts couldn't get it out from a kick in, a poor kick in gifting Number 18 a goal and the Falcons the lead, the moment was there for both sides, the Falcons taking the opportunity and making it count. Not to stick the moment on the young bloke that kicked out, the Districts players in the back half made several key errors in that 5 minute patch of football that in the end, cost them momentum and ultimately the contest. In saying that, the game was still in the balance at 3 quarter time.

The way the game was being played, all of the warning and alarm bells must have been going off for Districts, the big ground was wearing them down and it looked as though it was only a matter of time before the Falcons blew the contest open, but Districts were hanging in. Another defining moment in the contest came with the Falcons 2 goals up, Districts received a free kick for a push in the back inside forward 50, 30 out and pretty much directly in front, but (I think it was number 19) tried to take the advantage, and with a snap shot under pressure sprayed the shot. A set shot goal would have reduced the margin to 7 and turned the momentum again, the Falcons moved the ball straight up the other end, kicked a goal and effectively killed off the game, they followed up with the next 3 goals before I left, kicking 6 goals to 2 in the final term and running over Districts as they had threatened to do all day.

Overall it was a really entertaining contest though, some great battles across the field, the ruck duels were a pleasure to watch, the battle between number 8 from the Falcons and Johnson was a beauty.

Really liked the games of

Wyndhamvale: Numbers 6,8,18,23
Districts: 17,10,1,3

During the game, it was easy to get caught up in the contest, but apart from a couple of absolute howler decisions, the umpiring was fairly solid too.. Overall, a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon... :thumbsu:

(Sorry I don't know the players names, I was forcibly too tight to buy a record :p)

If you go back a few weeks you'll see my post written regarding you boys. To this day i still predict a Deer Park/Coburg final. Still don't understand why none of you flogs rate this districts team.

Got that one spot on champ - care to have another prediction..!!

Can the umpires please throw the ball up at the center bounce, after watching yesterdays game there was at least 6 or 7 center bounces the umpires had to call back because of there shocking bounce or if they did get it right some went 10m up and some went 3m up..........

Can the umpires please throw the ball up at the center bounce, after watching yesterdays game there was at least 6 or 7 center bounces the umpires had to call back because of there shocking bounce or if they did get it right some went 10m up and some went 3m up..........

Have to agree with this one.. The bouncing of the ball was horrible to watch...

Actually I was surprised by the quality of the game, it was fairly clean and in stages there was some real crisp ball movement, especially from Wyndhamvale.

The opening quarter was the start of a pattern that continued for most of the day, early signs were that Districts were a touch harder at the contest and looked like they would get the early jump, the key forwards looked a little more dangerous, but they severely lacked a crumbing forward to do any damage, when the ball hit the deck, the Falcons were able to sweep it away and open the game up far too easily. The Falcons run and carry was well suited to the ground and Districts found it tough to close the game up. Despite the Falcons dominating the quarter, Districts finally found a crumber and 2 quick goals at the end of the quarter had them back in the contest. Number 8 from the Falcons looked as though he was the go to man, but Luke Johnson from Districts had a big opening quarter, finding plenty of the footy himself and using the ball well. I have seen a bit of Luke in the past, and his attack on the BALL in the opening quarter was very impressive.

The 2nd quarter looked as though it would follow the same path, the Falcons on top, the run and link from the half back line looked as though it was going to be too much for Districts to contain, but once again, when the game closed down and became more contested, Districts not only found their way back into the game, but hit the front by half time. At this stage it looked as though that contested style of footy was going to come into it's own, the worrying sign for Districts was that Number 8 was starting to find separation and was dangerous, while the big Full Forward, number 18 for the Falcons looked the most dangerous forward option on the ground, his direct opponent was doing a great job, but when the Falcons got run and carry going, and he was isolated one on one without support from teammates, you could tell it was going to be a tough one for the Districts backman.

The 3rd quarter saw Districts get out of the box early, but really didn't make the most of the opportunity they had, number 19 was reading the ball well inside forward 50 and getting front and centre crumbs, but was just too slow in disposing of the footy, he finally kicked a goal, but could have had 3 or 4 for the quarter with a little bit of awareness, about the 14 minute mark of the quarter the game changed, the Falcons peppered away at the goals, kicking 3 straight behinds and it was one of those moments in a game of football, after those misses, if the ball goes up the other end and Districts score, the game breaks open. But Districts couldn't get it out from a kick in, a poor kick in gifting Number 18 a goal and the Falcons the lead, the moment was there for both sides, the Falcons taking the opportunity and making it count. Not to stick the moment on the young bloke that kicked out, the Districts players in the back half made several key errors in that 5 minute patch of football that in the end, cost them momentum and ultimately the contest. In saying that, the game was still in the balance at 3 quarter time.

The way the game was being played, all of the warning and alarm bells must have been going off for Districts, the big ground was wearing them down and it looked as though it was only a matter of time before the Falcons blew the contest open, but Districts were hanging in. Another defining moment in the contest came with the Falcons 2 goals up, Districts received a free kick for a push in the back inside forward 50, 30 out and pretty much directly in front, but (I think it was number 19) tried to take the advantage, and with a snap shot under pressure sprayed the shot. A set shot goal would have reduced the margin to 7 and turned the momentum again, the Falcons moved the ball straight up the other end, kicked a goal and effectively killed off the game, they followed up with the next 3 goals before I left, kicking 6 goals to 2 in the final term and running over Districts as they had threatened to do all day.

Overall it was a really entertaining contest though, some great battles across the field, the ruck duels were a pleasure to watch, the battle between number 8 from the Falcons and Johnson was a beauty.

Really liked the games of

Wyndhamvale: Numbers 6,8,18,23
Districts: 17,10,1,3

During the game, it was easy to get caught up in the contest, but apart from a couple of absolute howler decisions, the umpiring was fairly solid too.. Overall, a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon... :thumbsu:

(Sorry I don't know the players names, I was forcibly too tight to buy a record :p)

I can say its been great to read IMS in the wrfl watches the footy and says the right things.Yeah he is abit tight but im sure the big fella made up 4 it at the bar n canteen lol. Its always a pleasure reading

Im in envy of the teams who have the chance to play finals footy & as i told the young west squad Septembr footy is what its all about.Im sick of finishing footy in august.The West boyz will hit back.

Results from BnF

Winner:Mark Speakman-Quality mid who got himself very fit had a top season.Team of the year for sure.

Runner/up;Lee Phipps-Abit stiff not to win but he had a superb season like a fine red wine just keeps getting better with age i think the young squad has rejuvnated him Another for team of the year.

3rd L.Harris-I expect The big fella in the pocket nxt to the other big boyz. Great player and even better club person.Had to play on 2 or 3 most week did a top job

4th Kingy-Hack

5th-BT-1st year of footy ever and slotted in perfectly highlight for the year Keepng Condos to 8 superb mark and can pay B/Ball

West 2012 Premiers

Im in envy of the teams who have the chance to play finals footy & as i told the young west squad Septembr footy is what its all about.Im sick of finishing footy in august.The West boyz will hit back.

Results from BnF

Winner:Mark Speakman-Quality mid who got himself very fit had a top season.Team of the year for sure.

Runner/up;Lee Phipps-Abit stiff not to win but he had a superb season like a fine red wine just keeps getting better with age i think the young squad has rejuvnated him Another for team of the year.

3rd L.Harris-I expect The big fella in the pocket nxt to the other big boyz. Great player and even better club person.Had to play on 2 or 3 most week did a top job

4th Kingy-Hack

5th-BT-1st year of footy ever and slotted in perfectly highlight for the year Keepng Condos to 8 superb mark and can pay B/Ball

West 2012 Premiers

phippa would be shattered thinks he is better than red wine........ppppffffttttt

anyways.....deer park v albanvale.......grouse!!!pretty sure deer park would have a full list to pick from.......though as we all know except you kingy finals footy is a little different in terms of intensity.......obviously ill pick d/p by 5 goals plus........

in the other contest parkside have been there before so id expect them to get over the vales.....BUT wouldnt be suprised if the vales got up.......

sorry to the parkside boys......i really think you will be in div 2 another year after this week...stop big mo and your on the money...go the vales...... by 3 goals

Wowee it's boring here but lets spark things up a bit shall we? Breaking news from the WRFL is that entrance music has been approved to be used for all teams in Div 2 this weekend in a step away from tradition. Deer Park will enter to we are the champions by Queen and unfurl their premiership flag for 2011. Albanvale will enter to I need a dollar, dollar, a dollar thats what I need. Parkside will enter to the Foo Fighters give me some rope i'm hanging loose and the Falcons will enter to m&M's 8 mile if you had one shot would you take it?

In other news this week the Mayor of the springs one Henry Monty Burns Turner appears to have inked a new 25 year deal with the springs and during his press confrence indicated thats a ripping way to top up my super scheme and all I have to do is finish each year out regardless of placing?

Yarra had a ripping mad monday with all players turning up in dresses officially not just for game day.

And a final note the spiritual leader of Deer Park has done a Joffa. Rather than go the blond rinse and mullet which is so 2010 he has had inspiration from the prez and had the teeth done in gold.

my pre season prediction
DP 1.22 based on condon
AlbV 5.00 based on atik and wingy not there
ParkS 4.00 with patty, 9.00 without
YV 9.00 appointed a player as coach, good player too, but money drying up
WV 15.00 in 3 years, top 3
Cob who knows, maybe kevin morris might use his contacts and buy a match winner
WestF dont know, but, , not writing them off just yet, they survived 3 horrid years
Bray 50/1 cant attract players
Lavo 33/1, attractiing players, but quality unkown yet
NS the big improvers :D

wyn / parkside is gonna be a ripper, i think wv will win, big centrals ground will cost pk, the next week, wyn / alb, what a game, these kids are gpnna be so hungry and wudnt be surprised to see em get thru

Results from BnF

4th Kingy-Hack

West 2012 Premiers

Western star any news on coach for next year? Have heard that D.O and T.D are going back with D.C going to Parkside,also braybrook to confirm Nippa and Sheppa as co coaches any other news on coaching?

say something or not say something.....fck it here goes

gee whizz what a performance by the crobras that is......what was i thinking the 2nd best team in the comp(as what d.c said)in the local rag/wrfl record would get near 5 goals of a rampaging deer park today........

1.....resting players.......docherty/souphalis
2.....timid....at some stages soft.......
3.....club in termoil......no cash.......= players introduced to the club not having respect
4.....playing no 41......= spare d1ck.....wouldnt get a kick out of heroin......
5.....atick the"sherif" barry tenabel got their money's worth.......cheap kicks in the last 1/4......
6.....umpires continuing to bounce the ball......got albanvale into the game in the 1st 1/4.....
7....d.c's white board with kpi's on it should have got thrown in the bin at half time(but it was taken out and read out at 3 1/4 time ppppffffttttt spare me)......
8....skill level= that of an under 16 c team........
9.....player retainment......next year half will walk and go to carro springs.....snr coach looking at other options best player going to doutta stars to get them back on track.....paul harrison.....where was he.....more coin well spent.......
10.....lucky last.....albanvale to fold.......
20.....very quite 3 1/4 time huddle......if my team served that up white boards...magnets....water bottles.....wouldnt have been re-useable after my speach......proofs in the pudding.......

deer park are there and thats the main thing......congrats to the coach(my boy jimmy 11 sausage rolls)......his coaching staff and all commitee for making it happen.......not there yet 1 to go.......leave nothing in the tank......grab it by the scruff and take it home.......

ps..... put this on the changeroom wall next week......maybe they might get something out of it.......

weapo out..........

More respect for albanvale than deer park... Too soft to go up and compete in div 1... What has the club spent to win another 2nd div flag?

Deer park... Big fish, small pond

More respect for albanvale than deer park... Too soft to go up and compete in div 1... What has the club spent to win another 2nd div flag?

Deer park... Big fish, small pond

won nothing yet chump!!!!....

all credit to the commitee for making a tough decision.......in life always worry about number 1.......simple;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

won nothing yet chump!!!!....

all credit to the commitee for making a tough decision.......in life always worry about number 1.......simple;)

Deer park flag this year by 15 goals no one stands a chance......

the rest of the teams in the five after today's performance were making up numbers.

prediction Deer Park to win the flag next year also in 2012 in first division!:cool::D:):p

Weapons,

How about abit of humility and just worry about your own club. :thumbsu:

Dissapointing day for us today, but all credit to DP who are a very very good football side.

Have confidence our guys can bounce back from this next week and try and have another go :thumbsu:

the rest of the teams in the five after today's performance were making up numbers.

prediction Deer Park to win the flag next year also in 2012 in first division!:cool::D:):p

hmmmmmmmmmmm:eek:

not done and dusted yet......i have played in granny wins and seen it (2009) that anything can happen in the big dance.......

Weapons,

How about abit of humility and just worry about your own club. :thumbsu:

Dissapointing day for us today, but all credit to DP who are a very very good football side.

Have confidence our guys can bounce back from this next week and try and have another go :thumbsu:

you are right:cool:...im sorry i was very dissapointed in the lack of character shown....those mid strength bourbons must have got to me........

my opinion......this time of year.......is not about trying to have another go......but good thing is.....there is another chance to rectify what went on today.......

1 question.......were players rested????

lol when was the last time you went to a div 1 game deer park bottom 3 next year will struggle against men in div 1 not boys in divi 2

lol when was the last time you went to a div 1 game deer park bottom 3 next year will struggle against men in div 1 not boys in divi 2

Div one western isn't that good....... they did buy a few div one players from essendon this year which obviously shows with there success.. so when they go up and go crazy with money (which they have) and get big name players from essendon and northern they will quite easily win the flag they have only done what they needed to do to get past 2011 to the big stage next year....:cool: plus not only are they spending the cash there setting up there club to be a powerhouse for the next five years.

hahahahahahahahaha good to see Parkside once again spent $80k and received what for it. Oh i know maybe a reserve prem. Well waste of money spent boys.:eek:

Hypothetical: If Wyndhamvale somehow manages to win the flag from fourth and decides to stay in div.2 (a precedent set by Deer Park), will the Lions accept an offer to go to div 1 now that they are "better prepared", or will they be forced to go up? Highly unlikely, I know, but Deer Park defeated an undefeated Parkside from the same position two years ago.

Surely Glen Orden would not be forced to stay in div 1 any longer.

So if the league goes to three divisions, will anyone go up or will one go up and three come down, or will they play a with an uneven number.
Will be interesting to see how it pans out. Could be a major restructure in the near future.

Looking at only 8 Division one teams next year, no promotion & 2 teams relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back