Albion by 23 over Spotswood
Werribee by 12 over Port Colts
St Albans by 160 over Yarraville

knowathingor2

Rookie
May 19, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Don't we love the arrogance of Deer Park....when asked on radio interview goal kickers and best players for Sunshine the reply was...."what am I supposed to know that???"....you're playing local footy mate...that's the way we do it..acknowledge both teams!!!!

fossilionking

Rookie
Oct 28, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't we love the arrogance of Deer Park....when asked on radio interview goal kickers and best players for Sunshine the reply was...."what am I supposed to know that???"....you're playing local footy mate...that's the way we do it..acknowledge both teams!!!!
Your'e right mate,they only kicked 2 goals for the game,shouldn't have been to hard to remember.

fossilionking

Rookie
Oct 28, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
What happened to the previous wearer of 15? Didnt he win the best finals player last year?
Come down to training tonite and you'll see the great Josh Jones back in training,back in the ones in a couple of weeks,oh of course if thats ok with all you gooses that keep bagging us.Bully still leading from the front towards back to back to back.

hereagain

Draftee
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Can anyone explain why all posts relating to the Thornton incident have been removed, I sent an email to Big Footy this morning and have had no reply?

vicki3013

Senior List
May 29, 2007
altona
AFL Club
West Coast
Come down to training tonite and you'll see the great Josh Jones back in training,back in the ones in a couple of weeks,oh of course if thats ok with all you gooses that keep bagging us.Bully still leading from the front towards back to back to

have heard of an Aussie Jones is this the same bloke

also Fossil have heard a former Nth Melbourne champ will be having a look at tomorrows game, looking to top his super fund

PhiloBeddoe

Premium Gold
Mar 5, 2008
Ma's house.
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
None
Come down to training tonite and you'll see the great Josh Jones back in training,back in the ones in a couple of weeks,oh of course if thats ok with all you gooses that keep bagging us.Bully still leading from the front towards back to back to back.
We gooses will keep bagging you until the cashes run out and the boys are getting paid monopoly moneys.:D

BEST OF EDFL

Team Captain
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
So Thornon got off did he? Did they say how the player ended up in hospital
So Thornon got off did he? Did they say how the player ended up in hospital
As I Noted previously the collision was in the heat of battle and was proven beyond doubt I am told . Thurnton has played 200 odd AFL/VFL games without a report so hardly the action of a player with such a record.

hereagain

Draftee
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
As I Noted previously the collision was in the heat of battle and was proven beyond doubt I am told . Thurnton has played 200 odd AFL/VFL games without a report so hardly the action of a player with such a record.

With all due respect, unless the WRFL has investigated the incident then nothing has been proven! So the fact that he has played football at the highest level and not being reported precludes him from answering to this allegation? And in the heat of battle? Please, don't patronise us!

And I will ask again, why has big footy removed all previous posts re Thornton? This is an open forum and the previous posts were hardly those you would consider needed to be deleted, unless a higher authority gave the directive to cleanse and sanitise our opinions! Stirs up memories of 'A Few Good Men' and that famous line, 'You can't handle the truth!'

roosters44

Team Captain
Jul 1, 2006
Caroline Springs
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With all due respect, unless the WRFL has investigated the incident then nothing has been proven! So the fact that he has played football at the highest level and not being reported precludes him from answering to this allegation? And in the heat of battle? Please, don't patronise us!

And I will ask again, why has big footy removed all previous posts re Thornton? This is an open forum and the previous posts were hardly those you would consider needed to be deleted, unless a higher authority gave the directive to cleanse and sanitise our opinions! Stirs up memories of 'A Few Good Men' and that famous line, 'You can't handle the truth!'
I think you'll find Sunshine has put in a report to the league.

BEST OF EDFL

Team Captain
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
My source within the FDL advises Deer park will soon be charged with bringing the competition into disrepute in that they are being successful and the other member clubs think its unfair so they should be charged?

hereagain

Draftee
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon

Sunshine did lodge a complaint and it was heard I believe on Wednesday night, not sure what parties were present and what evidence was presented but the WRFL deemed Thornton's action as 'accidental'. To the credit of the WRFL, there was a process of investigation and Sunshine had every right to lodge a complaint due to the seriousness of the injuries and how those injuries occurred. Still no feedback on why previous posts re this matter have been censored.

PhiloBeddoe

Premium Gold
Mar 5, 2008
Ma's house.
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
None
My source within the FDL advises Deer park will soon be charged with bringing the competition into disrepute in that they are being successful and the other member clubs think its unfair so they should be charged?
No it's not because they are successful. It's because an obscene amount of money has been thrown at blokes playing in a local league and it goes against the WRFL's community focus. How can the WRFL be a champion of the people of the West and allow Deer Park to buy flags with money better spent elsewhere?. It's an outrage!

No it's not because they are successful. It's because an obscene amount of money has been thrown at blokes playing in a local league and it goes against the WRFL's community focus. How can the WRFL be a champion of the people of the West and allow Deer Park to buy flags with money better spent elsewhere?. It's an outrage!
Play in the ammos. Its amazing how this argument doesn't get thrown around at VAFA games

zedsdeadbaby

Debutant
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Sydney
Spotty may get them next time imo. They are a team who could beat them. Weather they do or not is a different matter. No other side are capable.

would love to see them fall over but if spotty couldnt get em in last years GF and Deer Park have got better since then you would have to say its very unlikely. would think deer park would have to crumble under the pressure of expectation and have a shocker and Spotty would have to play out of their skins and even then it there probably wouldnt be much in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back