Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be right there, but lets face it, Has taken an absolute shitload of cash to halt the Spotswood reign of dominance over the comp.
In my opinion Hoppers will finish higher than Spotty. Sunshine are the unknown due to what players the coach has bought with him from Abers. Here is my Ladder:

Deer Park
Werribee
Hoppers
Sunshine
Spotty
Altona
St Albans
Port Colts
Albion
Parkside (or more likely a bye)

Word on the street is that the Colts are struggling for numbers. If true Albion should end up above the Colts as have some juniors coming through..

Who have Hoppers picked beside Jordan Mead from Willy who should go really well. The boy can play, is very silky and a good long kick.. His my tip for the league medal if Hoppers have a good year..

Word on the street is that the Colts are struggling for numbers. If true Albion should end up above the Colts as have some juniors coming through..

Who have Hoppers picked beside Jordan Mead from Willy who should go really well. The boy can play, is very silky and a good long kick.. His my tip for the league medal if Hoppers have a good year..
Hoppers finished 3rd last season, and by adding a few as well as another year under Kritter and the natural progression of their strong junior base, they should improve, while the others below them drop off. Spotty I believe are resigned to the fact they need to build from the ground up, as they can't compete with the big money spenders, nor the sheer volume of players that Werribee have access to.

H

Jordan mead won't win the league B&F

Outside of Deer Park finishing on top again every position on the ladder is up for grabs.

2nd, 3rd and 4th last year after H&A were separated by half a game and a game..... 4 games clear of 5th.

Unless you know who they've recruited it's a guessing game this early and those in the bottom half will need to be 6-8 goals better.....and they might be?

Open season ahead from 2 -10.....

Hoppers finished 3rd last season, and by adding a few as well as another year under Kritter and the natural progression of their strong junior base, they should improve, while the others below them drop off. Spotty I believe are resigned to the fact they need to build from the ground up, as they can't compete with the big money spenders, nor the sheer volume of players that Werribee have access to.

think they finished 5th, about 10 wins behind 1st

also don't think Spottys list is that bad that they will be building from ground up.

Hoppers finished 3rd last season

Are you confusing Hoppers with someone else? Don't think they will have much of an impact this year at all.

What do we think about St. Albans? Lost a few players, but have also kept a good core. Should do well enough to finish top 4 this season.

Are you confusing Hoppers with someone else? Don't think they will have much of an impact this year at all.

What do we think about St. Albans? Lost a few players, but have also kept a good core. Should do well enough to finish top 4 this season.
Sorry, Hoppers finished 4th after winning 1 final. This is my opinion, however as we all know, only time will tell.

Sunshine may struggle considering they have lost a few players to Colbinabbin FC in the Heathcote league.
I hear Russell Douglas is off to play with the Grasshoppers and I would expect a few more as they have close ties with a lot of the Sunshine players, they may pick up a few from EDFL but I can't see them being of too much quality considering the money Avondale have thrown around

Colts have been going downhill for some time now , yet another new coach they don't last long down there.

Sunshine may struggle considering they have lost a few players to Colbinabbin FC in the Heathcote league.
I hear Russell Douglas is off to play with the Grasshoppers and I would expect a few more as they have close ties with a lot of the Sunshine players, they may pick up a few from EDFL but I can't see them being of too much quality considering the money Avondale have thrown around

At least couple to colbo, few others going, OS And GVFL, not sure about Wiggo and Tommy Millar

Ladder Prediction:

DP
Werribee
Spotswood
Sunshine
Hoppers
Altona
St. Albans
Colts
Albion
Parkside

I'd say the comps evening out a bit but DP still miles ahead. Just a waiting game to see who catches up first!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Official Decision looks set to be made down at Parkside within the next few days. One of the most successful FDFL/WRFL teams in history over 120 years. Currently on there knees, seem to have a range of different issues and won't field a senior team in 2015.

Official Decision looks set to be made down at Parkside within the next few days. One of the most successful FDFL/WRFL teams in history over 120 years. Currently on there knees, seem to have a range of different issues and won't field a senior team in 2015.
Amazing that you can go from participating in about 5 grand finals in a row then winning one.... Then next season not being able to field sides

Absolute tragedy if this happens.

Nathan and Ben and all the support staff couldn't be doing anymore to turn things around and hopefully there's a good outcome.

Absolute tragedy if this happens.

Nathan and Ben and all the support staff couldn't be doing anymore to turn things around and hopefully there's a good outcome.

Couldn't agree more puff. Nathan and Ben given there everything for the club. Still baffles me tasting ultimate success now to this. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome for all involved.

Couldn't agree more puff. Nathan and Ben given there everything for the club. Still baffles me tasting ultimate success now to this. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome for all involved.

Always going to be a challenge when you don't have juniors. Ultimately you either go and play in the lower division (and keep battling away) merge or fold. Difficult to keep getting 50-60 senior players each year.. In reality they have done well to survive and be successful all these years.
I don't know Nathan but from all reports has done his best so hope he finds another position this year at another club maybe as an assistant,.,

How would this team go representing the WRFL? (six did last season).
Standard will go backwards this year IMO:thumbsdown: With these departures.

B. Henderson Barling. Hargreaves

HB. Guerra Fitzpatrick L.Hill

C. Harrison. McHarg. Ross

HF. Buttigieg Cloke. S.Smith

F. Klix. Perkins. Kelm

R. J.West. Dorward. Douglas

Int: K.Carey, Sidebottom, Thornton (maggot), Barbuto

You seem to no what's happening? My info is meeting Tuesday to remove Ben Crook and co and bring in old firm that crook and company barred years ago. Paul barbuto wanted to take over but got denied bad management has lead to this predicament just look on Facebook to see how Benny and co are spoken about now

You seem to no what's happening? My info is meeting Tuesday to remove Ben Crook and co and bring in old firm that crook and company barred years ago. Paul barbuto wanted to take over but got denied bad management has lead to this predicament just look on Facebook to see how Benny and co are spoken about now

Sorry mate I'm not on facebook. Care to shed some light? Perhaps sour grapes with Paul's takeover? Hence his son and B and F winner pulling the pin and going back to keilor?

With Parkside self-destructing, Port Colts going to the Southern League in 2016 and Deer Park buying premierships, the future of the WRFL doesn't look promising.

Terrible news, but surely someone needs to cop responsibility.
Premiers to Folding within 6 mths.
85 yrs of great local football history...Done.
Would be nice to hear from a current Parkside person to explain exactly what happened.
Yes I believe there is a meeting tonight where they will "shut the doors for a season".

No surprise the league is struggling, when they have no interest in what the clubs have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back