Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In no way shape or form was Juegan the "problem" if anything he has been the glue keeping the football club together for the last 5-6 years.

I have no doubt in Nathan's ability to coach Senior football. He is passionate, loyal and above all a terrific bloke.

Any club that secures Nathan's services going forward would be extremely lucky to have him on board.

Seems like its everyone's fault down at Parkside, the staff, committee, players and then outside influences, council not allowing anywhere to train, the league not offering the guidance necessary. At the end of the day they have not planned for Div 1 and everyone will be worse off for it. The notice frommthe club didn't really say what they are doing for 2015, just that the coach is gone.

Makes the league look ridiculous they can't even get a full Div 1.

long time reader first time poster
is it just me or is everyone else sick of hearing about parkside this happened when they were in divvy two they took over the thread and aired diry laundry
if parkside people want to talk crap amongst themselves sort your club out and go and start yuor own paige
footy season and praccys are starting for everyone soon and all divvy one thread is parkside no on cares
get back to footy pPLEASE!

In no way shape or form was Juegan the "problem" if anything he has been the glue keeping the football club together for the last 5-6 years.

I have no doubt in Nathan's ability to coach Senior football. He is passionate, loyal and above all a terrific bloke.

Any club that secures Nathan's services going forward would be extremely lucky to have him on board.

Having played under Nathan for a few seasons, I can vouch for him keeping the club together after the years of playing in finals and not winning till last year. and that he is a very passionate Parkside person.

So, February 27th, No Coach, No Players, No Ground, No............Hope.

What happens if the club doesn't get a new coach (good luck getting a coach at this stage that can bring a raft of players with them)?

good luck making drastic changes at this late stage.

Found him to be a pretty good bloke as an opponent when I played against him too

Unfortunately it only takes 4 or 5 players and a couple of the hangers on that think they are the foundations the club are built on because they have been holding up the bar for 20 years to start sniping and it will spread like Ebola through an African Village. Seen and heard it happen in numerous suburban clubs over the years regardless of Coaching prowess or personality of the person.

Plenty of good coaches and good blokes have suffered this fate mainly because of selfish individuals.

Unfortunately it only takes 4 or 5 players and a couple of the hangers on that think they are the foundations the club are built on because they have been holding up the bar for 20 years to start sniping and it will spread like Ebola through an African Village. Seen and heard it happen in numerous suburban clubs over the years regardless of Coaching prowess or personality of the person.

Plenty of good coaches and good blokes have suffered this fate mainly because of selfish individuals.
Haha - I hear ya! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So are Parkside still going to front up in Division 1 this season? Sorry, in all the smoke and mirrors with that drawn out statement, I am still not sure what their plans are for this season? The players are blamed (you recruited and payed the wrong blokes). They don't have a ground for pre-season (welcome to the club - get creative). They don't have any juniors (Laziness over a number of years). So instead of looking for excuses, how about the committee put their hand up and say that they are part of the problem, and they have now got their right whack for being flat track bullies for so many years.

Great post, one of the best on this subject..

Funny they can't find a ground to train on (due to cricket club) as there are ovals across the road. Why can they train at Footscray park across the road??

The letter is basically saying they have folded for 2015 and giving excuses. It's not just up to the coach! Coaches need help especially during pre season. Assistants, trainers, physio, rub down tables etc..
Can recruit all you like in a pub or cafe but when players come down to pre season training they need to see you are organised or they won't come back, no matter what you offered them.

Great post, one of the best on this subject..

Funny they can't find a ground to train on (due to cricket club) as there are ovals across the road. Why can they train at Footscray park across the road??

The letter is basically saying they have folded for 2015 and giving excuses. It's not just up to the coach! Coaches need help especially during pre season. Assistants, trainers, physio, rub down tables etc..
Can recruit all you like in a pub or cafe but when players come down to pre season training they need to see you are organised or they won't come back, no matter what you offered them.

Exactly. Not sure if taking a year off will actually help or hinder the club. Obviously the committee isn't the best as far as planning, and now there is nearly 14 months until round 1 in 2016. You'd think that on top of the players/staff that have already left, that a lot more are not willing to miss out on a years worth of football. And even though by a miracle, all of the administration and sponsors etc. is 100% by then, a club needs people to run.

How do they retain players? How do they keep up interest in the club? Do they start back in Div 3? When do they find this new coach?

Unfortunately the time for serious action was months ago, and everything has been left too little, too late. RIP Parkside

I remember playing Parkside decades ago when I was playing for Altona and they were always a hard team to play. Big Sedat clipped me behind the ear more than a few times but always loved the challenge

Can't believe what has happened down there so quickly it seems.

Is there any truth to the rumour they may play in second or third div?

If they do will all the blokes return to be big fish? And how is that fair to lower clubs ?

This is a indirect result of teams like Deer Park. Teams and players know they are no realistic chance of even competing with them so many think why bother?

Too much money in park footy these days it's ruining teams and leagues

On the Heathcote thread there is something on a number of Parkside players supposedly going to Mt Pleasant however it's said they had a meeting and now the players are going back to Parkside..

That is some very early mail Turbo, really enjoying your input to BF & not the usual sh#t canning that happens:thumbsu:

G'day Time to Relax, glad you are enjoying the post's.

Below is the actual post on the HeathcoteDFL regarding Mt Pleasant Footy Club..
-heard that after training the players had a meeting with the coach etc and all the Parkside boys that were coming are now staying at Parkside.

The reason why I was on there was to see what club Simon Seddon went to, as an EDFL club was chasing him but he got a big offer from Mt Pleasant. Simon actually signed at Port Colts pre Xmas but the promise of a good job never eventuated and they were getting low numbers to training (even after Xmas) so he decided to get out and explore other options..

G'day Time to Relax, glad you are enjoying the post's.

Below is the actual post on the HeathcoteDFL regarding Mt Pleasant Footy Club..
-heard that after training the players had a meeting with the coach etc and all the Parkside boys that were coming are now staying at Parkside.

The reason why I was on there was to see what club Simon Seddon went to, as an EDFL club was chasing him but he got a big offer from Mt Pleasant. Simon actually signed at Port Colts pre Xmas but the promise of a good job never eventuated and they were getting low numbers to training (even after Xmas) so he decided to get out and explore other options..

is Turbos mail correct, or is it made up like the rest of the stuff here on big footy?

is Turbos mail correct, or is it made up like the rest of the stuff here on big footy?

G'day mate,
Just on the Parkside thing I'm only letting you know what I found on another forum but probably makes sense as the Parkside thing still up in the air by the sounds of it. Something tells me the league will allow them to play div3 maybe without reserves maybe. They do admit they only have 15-20 players and at this time of the year that's not good. I would assume these players are mostly 2nds players as the better players would be training elsewhere.
Interesting to see what other div3 clubs think of this..

The Simon thing is fact, and just posting as he did originally sign at an WRFL club.

PS: I understand your reply but I'm not on BF to make up stuff just keep you informed on any news. I have no interest in bagging people or posting rubbish however yes some comments are to generate some talk and some comments already known, it's just for sharing..

Cheers

Parkside calling out for some help - http://bit.ly/1FMgY7T
Wrong article Chris
Call to arms?
page1image292
page1image460

Parkside Football Club

Established 1897

“Once a Parksider always a Parksider”

page1image2072

EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING NOTICE

Parkside Member,

Parkside Football Club wishes to inform its Members, Partners and the wider WRFL Community that our organisation has not ceased operations and is continuing to plan and prepare for the future of our club. Everyone involved is fully committed to building a successful club in 2015 and beyond.

The committee is calling for an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Club’s Members and Life Members to discuss this season and to discuss the future long term direction for our club.

DATE: WEDNESDAY 11TH MARCH TIME: 7PM sharp
VENUE: PARKSIDE FOOTBALL CLUB

As a committee we see it as vital that as many members as possible attend. This is your opportunity to be involved and to take action to ensure the continued viability and success of the club. Anyone who wishes to lodge their expression of joining the committee and assisting our club move forward this is an opportunity to become involved in that process. We encourage all members to attend this important meeting.

Committee of the Parkside Football Club

www.parksidefc.com.au parksidefootballclub@outlook.com

page1image7336
page1image7420

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back