Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmon mate, what's going on.. My source is pretty confident that Cain Ackland is coaching. Im told the issue is more that Parkside are still undecided about committing to this season as still trying to confirm player numbers available for this season. The question is, can they get a min 50 players on board.
Interested in your reply matey..
Gee this whole situation sounds like a big mess, surely the Parkside FC could not have expected 2014 listed players to be still sitting in waiting whilst they sorted out the politics of their club, the 2015 season is almost upon us.

Do you know of any 2014 listed players who are still waiting the outcome of this mess?

Gee this whole situation sounds like a big mess, surely the Parkside FC could not have expected 2014 listed players to be still sitting in waiting whilst they sorted out the politics of their club, the 2015 season is almost upon us.

Do you know of any 2014 listed players who are still waiting the outcome of this mess?
very proud club with alot of history. would be a shame if they folded

Does the league still require all senior teams to have reserves? If so this could be an issue as even if Parkside wanted to drop down to a lower division for a year to regroup, it's not possible unless you have min 50 senior players on your books..
Yes they are a proud club and could possibly find a coach, but it's finding 50 players this late that's the challenge.. Barbuto gone to Keilor and he has family ties to Parkside ( as well as Keilor) and his not coming back. The rest of the better players are at other clubs so to my understanding only some fringe players and some reserves players are hanging around the place waiting to see what occurs..
Great if Phil Okeefe is back helping as his a top bloke and has contacts, but even he couldn't find this many players so late..
Interesting times...

Note: great to see the WRFL board hasn't changed over the years and still cannot make a strong stance on anything..

Does the league still require all senior teams to have reserves? If so this could be an issue as even if Parkside wanted to drop down to a lower division for a year to regroup, it's not possible unless you have min 50 senior players on your books..
Yes they are a proud club and could possibly find a coach, but it's finding 50 players this late that's the challenge.. Barbuto gone to Keilor and he has family ties to Parkside ( as well as Keilor) and his not coming back. The rest of the better players are at other clubs so to my understanding only some fringe players and some reserves players are hanging around the place waiting to see what occurs..
Great if Phil Okeefe is back helping as his a top bloke and has contacts, but even he couldn't find this many players so late..
Interesting times...
Note: great to see the WRFL board hasn't changed over the years and still cannot make a strong stance on anything..

Excuse my ignorance, but I haven't been able to follow this thread in recent times! Can you please shed some more light on exactly what has happened down at Parkside FC in the off season to see last seasons Division 2 Premiers in such disarray!

With only 3 weeks to go until the interleague game against the strong EFL what are our selection predictions and how will we go against a notoriously strong completion.

Hey Damo,
Don't take things to serious it will drive you mad..The magpie was just stating at least they will have a crack. Who knows what might happen but we all agree it's going to be a challenge for the WRFL. But that's part of sport and most footballers love a challenge.

For the record the Lavo Magpie is one of few people who has told us his name if you read some of his posts. Once you find his name Google him and you will see his done a fair bit with regards to footy so I respect his views and posts.. Seems pretty knowledgeable on footy and likes to provide his thoughts..
Ignore the big footy names as his not at Lavo just like your not Damien Barrett (well I could be wrong).

Cheers!!

Last edited by a moderator:
For the record the Lavo Magpie is one of few people who has told us his name if you read some of his posts. Once you find his name Google him and you will see his done a fair bit with regards to footy so I respect his views and posts.. Seems pretty knowledgeable on footy and likes to provide his thoughts..
Ignore the big footy names as his not at Lavo just like your not Damien Barrett (well I could be wrong).

Cheers!!
Justin also an australian crossfit legend and CEO of Moran global enterprises

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do you guys think will be in the best 22. See Kwame McHarg has been cleared to Pt Melb vfl. This would be a huge out as well as the loss of Cloke.

Try again turbo just came from training Fluffy C/Coach with Phil O,Keefe helping out 35 at training with 6 rang to say couldn't make it plus 2 from heights.Wrfl management will be at next 3 sessions to see numbers ,your credibility taken a hiding lately.

G'day mate,
What's the lastet as your been a little quite. I'm now hearing that Parkside have been allowed to play a lower div due to insufficient player numbers.

With regards to Cain Ackland he was sounded out for job but due to low numbers didn't accept and was only willing to coach div1.

Can you confirm mate??

Guys, does the WRFL league have a serious issue they need to address. From all reports Parkside, Port Colts and Sunshine Heights all struggling to get numbers to training during pre season..it's unusual to see this many clubs on their knees..
I know the WRFL was keen to expand club numbers but has this been to sudden and affecting teams mentioned above??

There could be a flow on affect in the next few years as this league has a lot of clubs in close proximity to one another..

Wrong article Chris
Call to arms?
page1image292
page1image460

Parkside Football Club

Established 1897

“Once a Parksider always a Parksider”

page1image2072

EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING NOTICE

Parkside Member,

Parkside Football Club wishes to inform its Members, Partners and the wider WRFL Community that our organisation has not ceased operations and is continuing to plan and prepare for the future of our club. Everyone involved is fully committed to building a successful club in 2015 and beyond.

The committee is calling for an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Club’s Members and Life Members to discuss this season and to discuss the future long term direction for our club.

DATE: WEDNESDAY 11TH MARCH TIME: 7PM sharp
VENUE: PARKSIDE FOOTBALL CLUB

As a committee we see it as vital that as many members as possible attend. This is your opportunity to be involved and to take action to ensure the continued viability and success of the club. Anyone who wishes to lodge their expression of joining the committee and assisting our club move forward this is an opportunity to become involved in that process. We encourage all members to attend this important meeting.

Committee of the Parkside Football Club

www.parksidefc.com.au parksidefootballclub@outlook.com

page1image7336
page1image7420
Can anyone report on the out-come of this meeting?

News floating around the Vikings tonite is Parkside are done for this year and will be announced Monday or Tuesday

Bloody shame I remember lining up against Zeno and Sedat and getting my head caved in every opportunity they had

Great days lol

Try & get some discussion;

Premiers
Runners Up
Biggest Improver
Biggest Slider
Leading Goal Kicker
Priest Medal

Thoughts everyone?

Premiers: Deer Park.
R/U : Werribee.
Improver: Altona back into Finals.
Slider: St Albans.
Leading Goal Kicker : Wong.
Priest Medal: Shylo Smith.

Oh Wait !!!! Shylo Smith has gone to another club again !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back