Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you knew the players who were missing out you should try and get them across with a promise of a regular game. The club there at might not like it but if they were in the same position they would probably do it to. Can only ask as I would rather play footy than run water..

the clubs will use a a "rotation" basis on players missing out on the reserves, so the player will run water, be the runner for a week or 2 during the season, player X is not going toing to another club for 1 week, the club will not allow it.

Yeah Bushman, your on the mark and maybe higher if you include his sign on. I don't wish to speculate but I have a fair idea.
I know your not saying anything negative but as a broad comment on money paid to players, I say if you have the money you have the right to spend it. But in the end he did preform well and give his all.. The worse thing is paying big money (or any money) to players who don't perform. That drives me mad!!

Have a good year mate and like your contributions on big footy.
That's right turbo if u include sign on it would be a lot more I work with donny Bloomfield so I know roughly what those Top liners are getting payed, I think everyone would be shocked at what broadbent would be on his a star!

I agree with u also turbo I think if u have the money why not use it to ur advantage, I do think it could ruin DP in the long run none of their kids getting a run in the 1s which might see them move on to other clubs & if that happens & money man leaves it could hurt!

Cheers turbo all the best mate

Tips round 1

COLTS to beat Albion - home ground 25 points (experience will count)
DEER PARK beat Spotty - 61 points (too strong across all lines)
WERRIBEE beat Altona - 28 points (Altona will improve, but so will W/bee)

Good Luck:thumbsu:

Tips round 1

COLTS to beat Albion - home ground 25 points (experience will count)
DEER PARK beat Spotty - 61 points (too strong across all lines)
WERRIBEE beat Altona - 28 points (Altona will improve, but so will W/bee)

Good Luck:thumbsu:

Good luck to everyone taking to the field.
And a big well done to all those volunteers that make it possible for them to take to the field

Colts by 18
Spotty by 7
Altona by 13

Albion by 9pts
Young side will get the points, plus from all reports the colts are struggling

Deer Park by 85pts
just to good for WRFL (or should I say there budget is to big) and the mail is spotty are slightly weaker than previous years.

Werribee by 30pts
good pre season form but Altona could surprise. Interesting game this one!!

Albion by 9pts
Young side will get the points, plus from all reports the colts are struggling

Deer Park by 85pts
just to good for WRFL (or should I say there budget is to big) and the mail is spotty are slightly weaker than previous years.

Werribee by 30pts
good pre season form but Altona could surprise. Interesting game this one!!

interesting my mail was Spotty's list as strong if not stronger

With my recruiting duties today watched 3rd quarter of money bags team play Spotswood. Huge crowd but I must note that in front of social rooms as massive amount of blue tops versus green. If anyone in your comp thought Deer Park had come back to the field you better re think. They looked a lot younger with quick ball movement and looked very aggressive with fierce tackling. Spotswood seemed to lack any plan or spirit.
Seen last part of Altona game , which was an exciting finish.
Anyway nothing to recruit not many blokes would be influential players in our league

With my recruiting duties today watched 3rd quarter of money bags team play Spotswood. Huge crowd but I must note that in front of social rooms as massive amount of blue tops versus green. If anyone in your comp thought Deer Park had come back to the field you better re think. They looked a lot younger with quick ball movement and looked very aggressive with fierce tackling. Spotswood seemed to lack any plan or spirit.
Anyway nothing to recruit not many blokes would be influential players in our league
Match of the round, more like flogging of the round. Agree with you on all aspects.
Spotswood looked slow, & without a game plan. When they did win the pill they turned it over, blazing from stoppages and just kicking to contest. Deer Park to strong, to big, to quick. Think Spotswood will struggle this year with what I saw yesterday.

After round 1 it looks to be another bad year for the WRFL. It would appear Deer Park is 20 goals better than the 2nd placed team in good footy weather..
I'm not to sure what people get out of watching this footy. If your a family member of a player I understand but no one would go and watch the division to see a good game.
I am hearing teams are banking money for when Deer Park come back to the pack.

In the EDFL Abers would be spending big coin ( estimated at 400k) but there are 3-4 sides that can compete with them. The WRFL teams can't compete with a Deer Park.

What's the views of others??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well maybe best you move on over to your own board then

Mate, I liked your post until your last sentence. I'm also from the EDFL and kind of get what your saying as the EDFL is a lot stronger but that's common knowledge but Deer Park, Spotty, Altona would have players capable of influencing games in EDFL.

Some examples:
Deer Park have Kwame, Purton-Smith
Spotty have a couple
Altona have Post, Robbins, Lanardi

Yes Lanardi played at Abers last year but didn't play many games and had injuries. Could play as a mid in any EDFL side and more than hold his own..

Who are you recruiting for mate? Bit of a waste of time for you to come down from your post as recruiter for an EDFL team, and head to Deer Park and then Werribee. Seriously, who do you think you are, Gubby Allen? Get back in your car, and go and watch your own league if it's such a waste of time.

Who are you recruiting for mate? Bit of a waste of time for you to come down from your post as recruiter for an EDFL team, and head to Deer Park and then Werribee. Seriously, who do you think you are, Gubby Allen? Get back in your car, and go and watch your own league if it's such a waste of time.

He wouldn't own a car by the sounds of his post. His mode of transport is probably a skateboard.:rolleyes:

Mate, I liked your post until your last sentence. I'm also from the EDFL and kind of get what your saying as the EDFL is a lot stronger but that's common knowledge but Deer Park, Spotty, Altona would have players capable of influencing games in EDFL.

Some examples:
Deer Park have Kwame, Purton-Smith
Spotty have a couple
Altona have Post, Robbins, Lanardi

Yes Lanardi played at Abers last year but didn't play many games and had injuries. Could play as a mid in any EDFL side and more than hold his own..

Add Wong to that list. He was influencing games in the Ovens & Murray when he played there so I'm sure he would be able to get a couple of kicks in the EDFL.:rolleyes:

I went and watched Deer Park & Spotty on the weekend, 2nd 1/4 was interesting for me with jimmy condos under his breath calling Kwane Mcharg a "hog" and "selfish", maybe too many chiefs and not enough indians. It was clear that Mcharg was trying to break every tackle he good to kick a goal even though he could have dished off the handball to team mates that were clear, hopefully the start of some disharmony as is usually the case with some many ego's at the one club.

I went and watched Deer Park & Spotty on the weekend, 2nd 1/4 was interesting for me with jimmy condos under his breath calling Kwane Mcharg a "hog" and "selfish", maybe too many chiefs and not enough indians. It was clear that Mcharg was trying to break every tackle he good to kick a goal even though he could have dished off the handball to team mates that were clear, hopefully the start of some disharmony as is usually the case with some many ego's at the one club.

I can't see what players get out of playing for Deer Park besides money. Surely cannot be motivating winning every game by big margins including the grand final. I just can't see the thrill for the majority of players there.

So Kwame is probably treating opposition players with contempt.

I just think they have gone a bit overboard with player recruitment for the WRFL league..

What's the views of everyone.. I'm interested in the views of my friend the DP Lion..

I still think every other Div 1 club should just fofeit when they play Deer Park.
Deer Park will finish on top (irrelevant) but wont have the match practice needed once it comes to the big show.
Plus will players hang around and hold out their hands for cash when they don't actually play???

I still think every other Div 1 club should just fofeit when they play Deer Park.
Deer Park will finish on top (irrelevant) but wont have the match practice needed once it comes to the big show.
Plus will players hang around and hold out their hands for cash when they don't actually play???

Haha U turns, I know your only kidding but clubs are to professional and proud to do this type of thing. Remember Deer Park were down for a number of years and fought there way back to div1. It's a credit to there club people (in which most are ex players) as they worked off field to get GA plus other sponsors on board. Even though it's not good for other sides or the league as a whole we shouldn't take it out on the club mate. I think the WRFL need a salary cap or points system as there is less money in WRFL compared to most other leagues so they need to make it a "competitive" league.

What do you think!

Haha U turns, I know your only kidding but clubs are to professional and proud to do this type of thing. Remember Deer Park were down for a number of years and fought there way back to div1. It's a credit to there club people (in which most are ex players) as they worked off field to get GA plus other sponsors on board. Even though it's not good for other sides or the league as a whole we shouldn't take it out on the club mate. I think the WRFL need a salary cap or points system as there is less money in WRFL compared to most other leagues so they need to make it a "competitive" league.

What do you think!
How do you work hard to get GA as a sponsor?

How do you work hard to get GA as a sponsor?

Filo, someone still needs to know him and get him across the line and to what extent. But do understand where your coming from mate.
My point is you can't take it out on the actual club. Let me ask you a question. What if he knocked on your clubs door! Would you take his $$$..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back