Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could tell you the name of both...try No. 20 for Deer Park who was rushed off the ground and then hidden.... Think I'd be a tad worried tonight if I was him......"one punch" does not only apply to outside a nightclub in King Street!!!'

What happened here.. Was the game called off.

Yeah he is from Keilor and used to always wear long sleeves. Wasn't a very physical player in the EDFL but was often involved in a few disputes with players though..

Mmmmm..that's interesting..word has it he's got form and is known to be a sniper!!! But if it is the case that he was a fair player in the EDFL wish he'd stayed there!!!

Mmmmm..that's interesting..word has it he's got form and is known to be a sniper!!! But if it is the case that he was a fair player in the EDFL wish he'd stayed there!!!
To be honest mate I watch a fair bit of edfl and have never seen him do anything like what happened today. Turbos mail might know a bit more about him but as I said never seen anything untoward. If he did Ko the kid I hope he gets life from footy as we don't need to see that s**t anywhere. Leave that to the soccer

To be honest mate I watch a fair bit of edfl and have never seen him do anything like what happened today. Turbos mail might know a bit more about him but as I said never seen anything untoward. If he did Ko the kid I hope he gets life from footy as we don't need to see that s**t anywhere. Leave that to the soccer

G'day Oddball,
Agree with your thoughts mate. Just to clear up I've never seen him "king" anyone in the EDFL but he was often involved in little push and shoves and think his got a bit of a mouth on him. I don't think other clubs liked him from the games I seen him play but that wasn't many as I don't follow Keilor..
But what did he do?

Turbo - as this will be a legal matter now, details can't be put up. Interesting some posts highlighting an admission of guilt, and a Deer Park official stating "we were warned".

On a positive the kid is going to be ok :thumbsu:

Glad to hear the kid is going to be ok.

No worries and understand. If it deserves to be followed up then good on the club as these acts (reported on big footy) should not happen in any sport.. If his found guilty throw the book at him..
It's highly likely Bullen will give him his marching orders as well..

Definitely not the kind of stuff you want to see in community football from some scumbags, a true shame as I'm told Sunshine were matching Deer Park until the incident. As stated earlier, best wishes with the player and his family and I really hope it is all followed up properly and I'm sure Deer Park will act appropriately.

On other news did anyone see the Spotty/Hoppers game?

Definitely not the kind of stuff you want to see in community football from some scumbags, a true shame as I'm told Sunshine were matching Deer Park until the incident. As stated earlier, best wishes with the player and his family and I really hope it is all followed up properly and I'm sure Deer Park will act appropriately.

On other news did anyone see the Spotty/Hoppers game?

Good game of footy, quick movement of the footy from defence to attack by both sides hoppers are very young and will be better next year but will still play finals , Hoppers lack a gun tall to ease the burden on Skipper and riosa, other than that both will play finals and you never know if they catch Deer Park on bad day anything could happen.

Mmmmm..that's interesting..word has it he's got form and is known to be a sniper!!! But if it is the case that he was a fair player in the EDFL wish he'd stayed there!!![/Q
Glad to hear the kid is going to be ok.

No worries and understand. If it deserves to be followed up then good on the club as these acts (reported on big footy) should not happen in any sport.. If his found guilty throw the book at him..
It's highly likely Bullen will give him his marching orders as well..

doubt it, no action taken against the last bloke that was involved in an of the ball incident that left a guy in hospital with a broken jaw,

Good game of footy, quick movement of the footy from defence to attack by both sides hoppers are very young and will be better next year but will still play finals , Hoppers lack a gun tall to ease the burden on Skipper and riosa, other than that both will play finals and you never know if they catch Deer Park on bad day anything could happen.

agree it was a great game of local footy, both teams look like having great futures with all their youngsters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

doubt it, no action taken against the last bloke that was involved in an of the ball incident that left a guy in hospital with a broken jaw,

It seems to me that the WRFL should now draw a line in the sand.

Nobody wants to see this rubbish. I heard a parent of an 18yo player who is now concerned about him playing football (div1 club). It's bad for footy. And dangerous.

Surely the league would want to protect their players and have a Zero Tolerance policy towards this behaviour. And Vicki, you are right, we all have seen some unbelievable verdicts by the Tribunal over the years.

To implement a No Tolerance policy now is a million times better than waiting until something worse forces policy in that direction anyway.

Bans for these offences should be measured in seasons, not weeks.

It seems to me that the WRFL should now draw a line in the sand.

Nobody wants to see this rubbish. I heard a parent of an 18yo player who is now concerned about him playing football (div1 club). It's bad for footy. And dangerous.

Surely the league would want to protect their players and have a Zero Tolerance policy towards this behaviour. And Vicki, you are right, we all have seen some unbelievable verdicts by the Tribunal over the years.

To implement a No Tolerance policy now is a million times better than waiting until something worse forces policy in that direction anyway.

Bans for these offences should be measured in seasons, not weeks.
Was he reported?

the loacl leader website said there was a reprot and tribunal case on Tueday.

Pretty certain a tribuneral hearing can not go ahead if legal proceedings are pending. The league can withdraw a playing permit indefinitely but cannot hand down a verdict as this will impact the legal proceedings.

Pretty certain a tribuneral hearing can not go ahead if legal proceedings are pending. The league can withdraw a playing permit indefinitely but cannot hand down a verdict as this will impact the legal proceedings.

so then no tribunal case on Tuesday Night? We will find one way or another during the week.

Exactly the sort of news soccer wants to hear and publicize. If a king hit is involved then he should get 2 years. Sooner or later someone is going to die as a result of a king hit. Good luck arguing accident.

Exactly the sort of news soccer wants to hear and publicize. If a king hit is involved then he should get 2 years. Sooner or later someone is going to die as a result of a king hit. Good luck arguing accident.

from what I am hearing no case to answer from the Sunshine v Deer Park game police viewed footage and are not charging any players.
The truth is out there can any of the two clubs involved tell us the truth?

Not sure if 10 weeks is enough to send a clear message, a king hit off the ball is serious stuff. Just because it was on the footy field and not on a sat night, should not excuse it. Will be interesting to see if Deer Park will keep him after that display anyway.

My tips for this week.

Spotty over Albion by 50 pts
Deer Park over Werribee by 20 pts
Hoppers over Altona by 25 pts
Sunshine over the Saints by 35 pts

10 weeks means he will be back for finals.
Will Goldy and Bullen keep him at the club and slot straight back in?
He would want to be running a few 400s on a Tues and Thurs night then.
On a side note will any Div 1 team be relegated this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back