Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happens, have a look at ballarat footy league where north ballarat are dominating, their forum is worse than here. At least the edfl is alive and well but funny abers is the stand out but still plenty of interest there
We're second on the ladder, hardly dominating.
Admittedly this is an outsiders perspective but I think the point of difference with the EDFL is that most don't believe any of the other clubs can beat Deer Park, whereas there are a few clubs in the Essendon comp that can beat Abers if things go to plan.

Admittedly this is an outsiders perspective but I think the point of difference with the EDFL is that most don't believe any of the other clubs can beat Deer Park, whereas there are a few clubs in the Essendon comp that can beat Abers if things go to plan.

Definitely think Deer Park are beatable but I do admit a lot of people seem to have a defeatist attitude at the moment. Clubs should be seeing it as a challenge, and try and be the first to knock them off.

Also what's with the WRFL media gurus saying Altona/Sunshine are out of the race for finals? There's a whole half of the season to go and they're only 1/2 games out of top 5!

Wou
I believe a favourite son of port colts in Brad Hinge is thinking about making a comeback in order to salvage their div 1 standing

Would need a small miracle if Colts didnt end up the wooden spoon this year. Next year however will be a more even contest between the lower group of sides

Definitely think Deer Park are beatable but I do admit a lot of people seem to have a defeatist attitude at the moment. Clubs should be seeing it as a challenge, and try and be the first to knock them off.

Also what's with the WRFL media gurus saying Altona/Sunshine are out of the race for finals? There's a whole half of the season to go and they're only 1/2 games out of top 5!

Gday mate, yes I think the same people have defetist attitude so they lose interest.

Thought it was odd the media circus of WRFL saying those sides are out when can clearly make it and in fact one of them will IMO.

Well said BJ.

This happens, have a look at ballarat footy league where north ballarat are dominating, their forum is worse than here. At least the edfl is alive and well but funny abers is the stand out but still plenty of interest there

Deer Park are like Abers though paying truckloads and nobody likes them so why don't Deer Park or this forum receive the same attention. I'm thinking because everyone has mentally conceeded they back off. If Deer Park happen to fall over well I bet this forum will go off. Lol

Deer Park are like Abers though paying truckloads and nobody likes them so why don't Deer Park or this forum receive the same attention. I'm thinking because everyone has mentally conceeded they back off. If Deer Park happen to fall over well I bet this forum will go off. Lol
Maybe everyone is sick of mercenaries running around getting their wads of cash after every game, showing no loyalty holding off "signing" for next year in case a better offer comes along.
All the interest is in Div 2 and 3, where players actually give a sh1t about their club and in return the club supporters care about their players!!

Maybe everyone is sick of mercenaries running around getting their wads of cash after every game, showing no loyalty holding off "signing" for next year in case a better offer comes along.
All the interest is in Div 2 and 3, where players actually give a sh1t about their club and in return the club supporters care about their players!!

I think this is a bit rich considering what happened to Parkside! Talk about Mercenaries!

At the end of the day, the comp is really strong with some exceptional talent running around in divvy 1. Div 3 may have more banter on bigfooty but the division, is for the most part rubbish!

i hate to say it, but we all need a couple of mercenaries in our teams!

Gday mate, yes I think the same people have defetist attitude so they lose interest.

Thought it was odd the media circus of WRFL saying those sides are out when can clearly make it and in fact one of them will IMO.

Altona AND Sunshine both get up for comfortable wins. I think this comp is a lot more even than most people think!

Boys interesting ASADA officials drug tested EDFL game yesterday between Doutta and Crazyburn 2 from each club what are people's thoughts

I think this is a bit rich considering what happened to Parkside! Talk about Mercenaries!

At the end of the day, the comp is really strong with some exceptional talent running around in divvy 1. Div 3 may have more banter on bigfooty but the division, is for the most part rubbish!

obviously the standard isn't as good as Div 1, but our committee's are less stressed, our supporters are not asked to put in $500-$1000 a year to a "cotorie" group so we can pay jerks $1200 a game and stay for 1 or 2 years before they f*ck off to the next stooge who will pay them.
I can assure you, the smile on your face when you win is no bigger than the smile on our face when we win!

obviously the standard isn't as good as Div 1, but our committee's are less stressed, our supporters are not asked to put in $500-$1000 a year to a "cotorie" group so we can pay jerks $1200 a game and stay for 1 or 2 years before they f*ck off to the next stooge who will pay them.
I can assure you, the smile on your face when you win is no bigger than the smile on our face when we win!

great post bangerrangadoody

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit rich coming from a Parkside person considering that your club was more than happy to get involved in the "arms race" while you were winning games and a flag. All of a sudden when your players left and the club was stuffed you are against it?

A bit rich coming from a Parkside person considering that your club was more than happy to get involved in the "arms race" while you were winning games and a flag. All of a sudden when your players left and the club was stuffed you are against it?

Exactly. If a club can be run well and obviously without ruining its finances or creating stress, why not bring some new blokes in? If the club do their research they can bring people in who will give something back. All clubs need some fresh faces. Bar Parkside/Deer Park I think most clubs in this comp have been smart with their money and havent wasted it.

Just my thoughts.

maybe we should break the league up into more divisions so we can reward even more 2nd rate clubs so they can have big smiles.

your kidding yourself,

looking forward to the return match of the behind the play hit from early in year sunshine and deer park

I think Sunshine will either get up and about for this one and really ruffle some feathers or get blown out the water.

Sunshine by 23 in a cracker against DP
Hoppers by 15 over an injury plagued Spotty
Altona by 65 over Colts to get their finals campaign really rolling with 2 in a row.
WD in an easy one against Albion, keeping them in a top 3 contention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back