Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hearing Lots of div1 clubs going with small budgets this year due to Deer Parks strength. Believe sides like Werribee, Hoppers, Altona will continue with homegrown talent, and Albion will definitely improve with their young list.

Mad monday

Senior List
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hearing Lots of div1 clubs going with small budgets this year due to Deer Parks strength. Believe sides like Werribee, Hoppers, Altona will continue with homegrown talent, and Albion will definitely improve with their young list.
Also hearing deer park offering kids from hoppers,Werribee u18 travelling money to play in new u/19 comp stock piling best kids to beat points system

Falcon44

Team Captain
May 9, 2015
Wyndhamvale
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Also hearing deer park offering kids from hoppers,Werribee u18 travelling money to play in new u/19 comp stock piling best kids to beat points system
Who's coaching them Goldy??
Saw he stepped in for the under 18's finals seeking glory but by 1/4 time of the grand final had walked away when DP 8 goals down

PhiloBeddoe

Premium Gold
Mar 5, 2008
Ma's house.
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
None
Heard a whisper that Paul Chapman has spoken to Werribee Districts about the coaching gig.

The Deer Park rumours about the young blokes would have to be BS.

DP Lion

Rookie
Oct 4, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Deer park rumours are true. Btw.
I can confirm that.

JD73 Your rumour is rubbish and would have no impact on the stock piling to avoid points, as getting the players at Under 18/19's age level is too late to qualify for the home grown player rule, juniors end at Under 17's formally under 16 age group, so know Einstein for all the Big footy followers please explain your point, now that you have been proved to be A incorrect and B have no knowledge of how the new system works....

DP Lion

Rookie
Oct 4, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Who's coaching them Goldy??
Saw he stepped in for the under 18's finals seeking glory but by 1/4 time of the grand final had walked away when DP 8 goals down

Falcon 44 Pat Christofi is the Coach of the Under 19's formally Under18's and Mark was assisting him, what's wrong with that? Spotty was just too good and too strong on the day but we are all very proud of the performance of our young 18 team and look forward to next season.

JD73

Draftee
Sep 27, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
JD73 Your rumour is rubbish and would have no impact on the stock piling to avoid points, as getting the players at Under 18/19's age level is too late to qualify for the home grown player rule, juniors end at Under 17's formally under 16 age group, so know Einstein for all the Big footy followers please explain your point, now that you have been proved to be A incorrect and B have no knowledge of how the new system works....
DP Lion. I didnt say anything about the stock piling for points. I know very well what the junior qualification is.
I simply stayed that deer park are offering u18s from other teams sign and WPs.
I can confirm this.

Falcon44

Team Captain
May 9, 2015
Wyndhamvale
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Falcon 44 Pat Christofi is the Coach of the Under 19's formally Under18's and Mark was assisting him, what's wrong with that? Spotty was just too good and too strong on the day but we are all very proud of the performance of our young 18 team and look forward to next season.
DP Lion,
Did Goldy act as assistant all year or just for the finals?

Falcon44

Team Captain
May 9, 2015
Wyndhamvale
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Turbo congrats on the junior coaching gig next year

Mad monday

Senior List
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
What's the story at spotty ex coach poaching more players to follow him up bush reunion in a couple of years will be interesting

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
What's the story at spotty ex coach poaching more players to follow him up bush reunion in a couple of years will be interesting

As per one of my recent posts I believe this year WRFL div1 will become a shambles. Deer Park at full strength will have winning margins of between 20-40goals so other clubs reducing there budgets and trying to save $$, so guessing players asked to take pay cuts at the majority of clubs in this division..This might be why some paid players are looking elsewhere..
Can anyone confirm this?

I'm not sure how the WRFL can fix this problem, as Deer Park are doing nothing outside the rules.. But if Deer Park want competition they will need to move to the BFL (as access via the highway) or the EDFL.
What's the thoughts of BF readers, especially the DP Lion..

Mad monday

Senior List
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
As per one of my recent posts I believe this year WRFL div1 will become a shambles. Deer Park at full strength will have winning margins of between 20-40goals so other clubs reducing there budgets and trying to save $$, so guessing players asked to take pay cuts at the majority of clubs in this division..This might be why some paid players are looking elsewhere..
Can anyone confirm this?

I'm not sure how the WRFL can fix this problem, as Deer Park are doing nothing outside the rules.. But if Deer Park want competition they will need to move to the BFL (as access via the highway) or the EDFL.

League been a shambles for years Deer Park spending heaps to win a $100 drinking cup why would clubs waste money trying to compete
Wrfl cannot fix problem AFL vic can drop points to 40 and see how they go My prediction deer park to win flag by more this year than last

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
League been a shambles for years Deer Park spending heaps to win a $100 drinking cup why would clubs waste money trying to compete
Wrfl cannot fix problem AFL vic can drop points to 40 and see how they go My prediction deer park to win flag by more this year than last

Not a bad thought to have less points.. I like it..

Falcon44

Team Captain
May 9, 2015
Wyndhamvale
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can anyone confirm this?

Why would DP move to another league??
They might get some competition then and that would go against the egos down there.
A lot of people down there at the moment with a strut and big mouths that were not sighted 5-6 years ago, let's see how many are still on board once the money man moves on

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Turbo you are a flog , no wonder everybody in our comp thinks so.

Hey it takes one to know one buddy. I'm guessing you don't know much about this league, so stay away or at least provide something. You seem to give sweet f all.

PS: you replied to the falcon not me. I told you before it's no good drinking early as you can't handle the grog... Lol

Keston

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
Palm cove FNQ
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why would DP move to another league??
They might get some competition then and that would go against the egos down there.
A lot of people down there at the moment with a strut and big mouths that were not sighted 5-6 years ago, let's see how many are still on board once the money man moves on
Surely with the points system in they will have to trim there list
Just looking at how it works and there recruits success goal kickers and award winners extra points will be added causing a issue
Any thoughts ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back