Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drove past spotty on way home lucky to have 15

Which day?

A funny article in the Brimbank Leader online with Fev saying hes playing at Deer Park to be with mates and win a flag.He also wants the fella wearing 25 to give it up.Wtf?An absolute pisstake that article and an insult to the current player wearing 25

Oh yeah, the old mates and flags line.
Heard of a silly amount amount of cash upwards of 30+ being offered by DP to a good EDFL player, Fev's taking the piss. As for the number 25, you'd think that he wouldn't push it.

Which day?

Oh yeah, the old mates and flags line.
Heard of a silly amount amount of cash upwards of 30+ being offered by DP to a good EDFL player, Fev's taking the piss. As for the number 25, you'd think that he wouldn't push it.
Yeah not sure why these blokes always roll out the same line about wanting to play with mates etc .... when we all know it's the coin that they are going there for.

Yeah not sure why these blokes always roll out the same line about wanting to play with mates etc .... when we all know it's the coin that they are going there for.
I don't begrudge the bloke for wanting to make some coin but he's not kidding anyone. I'd almost expect a bloke like Fev to come out ad say "yep, they made me an offer to good to refuse and I can be closer to my kids on the weekends.....winning." haha.
There is one good thing to come out of the cash for flags stuff. We may see more sides just come out and go all out attack against DP because they have nothing lose. On the other hand, would be funny to see a side just throw everyone back and watch McHarg and Fev trying to weave their way around 30 players.
Before anyone says that I can't count because there are 36 players on the ground, can't see DP matching the number opposition players in DP's forward line:D

Wyndhamvale have signed a 6'4 ruckman from Richmond Union, dropped off a popcorn machine to my sons birthday today, working for Evo

Would get pumped by abbers and greenvale but would be as good as Keilor and Strathmore.

Simple solution. Organize a couple of practise matches and see how they travel. If promoted properly it would be a good earn for all clubs or perhaps even do it for a worthwhile charity. I find it hard to believe that the WRFL is just sitting back and allowing all of this to happen. Once clubs start trying to coerce Under 19's with money then you can rest assured these kids will become mercenaries for the rest of their careers. The WRFL have already lost one club, how many more will slide into financial ruin trying to compete against Deer Park?

Just read on the EFL thread that Michael Fogarty has signed at Doncaster. Bit surprised to see Spotswood lose him. Even Spotswood might be laying low for a season or 2 and save some $$ due to Deer Park dominance!!!

Just read on the EFL thread that Michael Fogarty has signed at Doncaster. Bit surprised to see Spotswood lose him. Even Spotswood might be laying low for a season or 2 and save some $$ due to Deer Park dominance!!!
Bought a house out there so travel a factor the Eastern Freeway is a carpark

Alright guys footy season starts in a couple of months how is your club tracking? Signings, injuries, predictions?

My ladder prediction is
Deer Park
Werribee
Hoppers Crossing
St. Albans
Albion
Spotswood
Altona
Sunshine
Wyndhamvale

Alright guys footy season starts in a couple of months how is your club tracking? Signings, injuries, predictions?

My ladder prediction is
Deer Park
Werribee
Hoppers Crossing
St. Albans
Albion
Spotswood
Altona
Sunshine
Wyndhamvale

My ladder prediction..
Deer Park (undefeated and premiers by 100 plus points again)
Werribee
Altona
Hoppers Crossing
Albion
Sunshine
Spotswood
Wyndhamvale
St Albans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now Turbo old mate , can you explain your thinking in placing Altona 3rd , Albion 5th and Spotswood 7th in your predictions? Not saying this can't happen but this would require huge improvement from former two and a real fall from grace at Spotswood.

Now Turbo old mate , can you explain your thinking in placing Altona 3rd , Albion 5th and Spotswood 7th in your predictions? Not saying this can't happen but this would require huge improvement from former two and a real fall from grace at Spotswood.

Gday Bully Man. From what I'm hearing Altona should improve on last year and they still have some quality players. If Ghaz can find a ruckman to compete I think they will be thereabouts.

Albion going along nicely and will be the big improvers. Young Bench as captain is a courageous decision but think it's a positive step forward. I know they are recruiting smartly and if they can land another versitile tall will be around 5th & 6th spot I reckon. They will play for the jumper which can only be a good thing.

My mail tells me Spotswood is struggling and although they are usually up there I see them falling down the ladder. They are not offering players the money they have in previous years and don't seem to have landed any "big" names as yet. Might need to get a coach in from outside the club to breath life back into the club. Believe they might play some of there juniors and look to the future, as believe they know they can't compete with the top couple, so will look bounce back in the coming years!!
PS: I'm surprised they didn't try and get Mark Williams across as coach, as surely Williams would have taken Spotswood over Newport (no offence to Newport) but guessing they are happy with there coaching panel.

Anyway that's just what I'm hearing! Best of luck mate for 2016.

Gday Bully Man. From what I'm hearing Altona should improve on last year and they still have some quality players. If Ghaz can find a ruckman to compete I think they will be thereabouts.

Albion going along nicely and will be the big improvers. Young Bench as captain is a courageous decision but think it's a positive step forward. I know they are recruiting smartly and if they can land another versitile tall will be around 5th & 6th spot I reckon. They will play for the jumper which can only be a good thing.

My mail tells me Spotswood is struggling and although they are usually up there I see them falling down the ladder. They are not offering players the money they have in previous years and don't seem to have landed any "big" names as yet. Might need to get a coach in from outside the club to breath life back into the club. Believe they might play some of there juniors and look to the future, as believe they know they can't compete with the top couple, so will look bounce back in the coming years!!
PS: I'm surprised they didn't try and get Mark Williams across as coach, as surely Williams would have taken Spotswood over Newport (no offence to Newport) but guessing they are happy with there coaching panel.

You make some valid points but wouldn't be underestimating Spotswood . Their football spend hasn't changed over the years contrary to outside belief. Albion would have to improve dramatically to overtake 3 or 4 sides. You are on the money regards Altona

You make some valid points but wouldn't be underestimating Spotswood . Their football spend hasn't changed over the years contrary to outside belief. Albion would have to improve dramatically to overtake 3 or 4 sides. You are on the money regards Altona

Yeah I understand your views regarding Spotswood but they did spend a bit a few years back when Cloke was there. But he did give them good service from what I understand.
I also think Sunshine could go well depending if there backs hold up. Dan Castelano ( spelling might not be correct) will kick plenty of goals as his a gun, and they recruited Stocco from the EDFL who if gets the 3rd best back man might be difficult to contain, if he gets enough ball on the lead. Lively, bouncy player but bit unpredictable. Both players capable of kicking 60 plus goals each "if" Sunshine have a tall forward to straighten them up.

Think St Albans might struggle and Wyndhamvale will surely win a few games out at there ground. They have been preparing to go up from all reports, and there coach is a good tactician isn't he!!

Cheers mate and good talking to you again. I'm guessing others on this forum know more about the league than me, so hopefully a few more readers get involved in this discussion.

Yeah I understand your views regarding Spotswood but they did spend a bit a few years back when Cloke was there. But he did give them good service from what I understand.
I also think Sunshine could go well depending if there backs hold up. Dan Castelano ( spelling might not be correct) will kick plenty of goals as his a gun, and they recruited Stocco from the EDFL who if gets the 3rd best back man might be difficult to contain, if he gets enough ball on the lead. Lively, bouncy player but bit unpredictable. Both players capable of kicking 60 plus goals each "if" Sunshine have a tall forward to straighten them up.

Think St Albans might struggle and Wyndhamvale will surely win a few games out at there ground. They have been preparing to go up from all reports, and there coach is a good tactician isn't he!!

Cheers mate and good talking to you again. I'm guessing others on this forum know more about the league than me, so hopefully a few more readers get involved in this discussion.

Cloke wasn't on the money people may think. As I said earlier their budget hasn't changed much thru the years and some may call them conservative however their busi

Sorry Turbo pushed the wrong button. As I was saying their business model is sound and I know in many competitions clubs overstretch themselves trying to keep up with the Jones' and many pay a hefty price for this in the long run. Whilst we are all competit

Done it again. Competitive by nature the historically strong clubs know the lay of the land and don't get too carried away with what's happening around them. At the end of the day local football clubs are not just in to win premierships . It's role in the community is far greater than that . Sadly not all see it this way and it becomes an alms race where no one really wins. I was lucky enough to play in a number of flags and now looking back whilst very enjoyable at the time didn't change my life to any great extent. I enjoy your insight and passion for local footy though.

Spot on turbo about spotswood as I mentioned previously drove past occasionally before Christmas lucky to scrounge up 15 players not happy with coach .

Spot on turbo about spotswood as I mentioned previously drove past occasionally before Christmas lucky to scrounge up 15 players not happy with coach .
Says who? You seem to always manage to shitcan someone in all your comments. How's your own power club tracking?

Says who? You seem to always manage to shitcan someone in all your comments. How's your own power club tracking?

Shred some light then bully man, who have they picked up or lost, what is the vibe at spotty and where do you place them this year considering a number of teams seem to have recruited well in the off season..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back