Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

touch of class said:
well rock i can tell you that after watching games in the wrfl dvfl efl edfl gvfl and the murray footy league i think that the efl is the best footy i have seen with the gvfl second i also think that nowdays the dvfl is not that much further ahead of the edfl and wrfl the only major difference is fitness levels and a bit more professionalisim but i can see that changing as heidleberg are set to leave the dvfl which will leave the league in tatters and he murray footy league has 2 or 3 good teams its not that professional and blokes generally dont train that hard
if the best players in the efl played the best players in the wrfl the efl would win by over 20 goals

Is it true that the standard of football in the wrfl has dropped dramatically in the last 5 years is this true????/

andrew jarman said:
if the best players in the efl played the best players in the wrfl the efl would win by over 20 goals

Not true buddy we played an game in i think 99 with trent hotton ,slater greig and all the bigs representing efl and the wrfl had a good side in but far from their best and the result was under 10pts in efl favor and i know this as i played in the game.

ROCK07 said:
Not true buddy we played an game in i think 99 with trent hotton ,slater greig and all the bigs representing efl and the wrfl had a good side in but far from their best and the result was under 10pts in efl favor and i know this as i played in the game.
Point taken is it true that the wrfl beat the dvfl a few years back also???
If so would you agree that the standard of football has dropped in the wrfl???

sunline's tips for the round.

ALBION V SPOTTY (spotty should win this, but albion have to win one sooner or later)
ALTONA V HOPPERS (we should come home with the points, but we deffinately wont be taking it easy)
PARKSIDE V YARRAVILLE (parks to be angry with a bad loss last week and to thump a depleted yarraville)
COLTS V STALBANS ( Colts will win this)

Seems like an easy round to pick, but so did last week?????.

Travvy43 said:
out of total curiosity here rock, what was this fella's name??
trav sorry about that i thought you were asking me about something i wrote on another site the guy i was referring to was scott mccumber played at echuca but mainly a reserve player with us

andrew jarman said:
Is it true that the standard of football in the wrfl has dropped dramatically in the last 5 years is this true????/

Deffinately not true, I played in this league 5 years ago and went to the DVFL and am back now and the only difference between now and then is the top 5 is more competetive and the top 2 are alot stronger.

the facts are people don't rate wrfl until they get on the park and experience this league first hand, and our comp might not be as strong as others, but it's not far off
this league had 12 teams in division 1 up until 3 yrs ago which made an uneven draw and a lot of one sided results which reflects badly on the league, now it has 10 teams an even draw and besides a couple of teams the comp is starting to even out
if glenorden come up next which they have been preparing for now for a few years and altona build on what they have started this year a strong wrfl division 1 will be a really good competetion

ROCK07 said:
well i played in 97 and kicked about 80 goals with a back injury at it's worse and would have easily slipped back in to forwrd line with jack and darren harland [that's his name ]as we played together at port melb and i was full forward and they were my forwrd pocket players [in a reserve game only lol]
As im almost 32 i was not really that young back then 23 but if i wasn't on that enforced holiday im sure i would have got a game,maybe i would have taken cold pies spot??????
I TELL YOU ONE THING BOYS ENJOY YOUR FOOTY AS MUCH AS YOU CAN BECAUSE TIME DOES FLY AND WHEN YOU LOOK BACK YOU WONDER HOW IT ALL WENT SO QUICK

you may have squeezed in to that team rock but i doubt you would have taken my spot, you'd get lost trying to find the back pocket

Travvy43 said:
Read back a bit, i think you will find i have?
The question about how do you rate yourself with them names l mentioned, l must have missed can you get me up to speed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

touch of class said:
in 2004 i watched all 4 of echucas pre season games as my mate was playing and throughout the year we watched about 4 or 5 gv games and to say the standard is streets above is a joke wait untill the best 5 teams who are competing in the finals play on the big open spaces of whitten oval where players will have more time to run and carry the ball instead of playing on small grounds with confined spaces im posititive ou will see the skill level and pace of the game rise in the wrfl the bottom 4 teams are what brings down the standard of div 1 as a whole but after watching a lot of fotty in a lot of different leagues im sre the top 5 in wrfl would be competitive in any league they played in
and just another thing travvy how come a player like yourself playing in the so called best league in victoria hasnt really dominated the way you would of been expected to at the end of the day yeah you played in the gvfl but you played with tongala who struggled to win a game and got flogged most weeks and are now even only middle of the road in a second tier league like the murray footy league
Once again well said you will make a great coach one day even soon maybe with the Parkers

And Chest agree with your comments as well

cold pies said:
the facts are people don't rate wrfl until they get on the park and experience this league first hand, and our comp might not be as strong as others, but it's not far off
this league had 12 teams in division 1 up until 3 yrs ago which made an uneven draw and a lot of one sided results which reflects badly on the league, now it has 10 teams an even draw and besides a couple of teams the comp is starting to even out
if glenorden come up next which they have been preparing for now for a few years and altona build on what they have started this year a strong wrfl division 1 will be a really good competetion
yeah good points about the 12 becoming a 10 sick of mates from EDFL always going on about how there comp is the best and that sh it please really each leauge is better than the other at something weather its physical, skill or professional its anever ending argument that rears its head every 2 months and fires everyone up, what would be the best way to settle it, l know Rock07 has a good point and a proven one where he says most not all players from so called better leauges come and play in the WRFL and dont have the same impact and then some that have played in the WRFL go to other leagues and play real well.

Maybe a well paid big 2 week FA Cup style Carnival with no injuries and every player avaliable(in a perfect world)

cold pies said:
you may have squeezed in to that team rock but i doubt you would have taken my spot, you'd get lost trying to find the back pocket
The only back pocket he knows is on his jeans

WRFLfan said:
The question about how do you rate yourself with them names l mentioned, l must have missed can you get me up to speed

Entry 2968

WRFLfan said:
yeah good points about the 12 becoming a 10 sick of mates from EDFL always going on about how there comp is the best and that sh it please really each leauge is better than the other at something weather its physical, skill or professional its anever ending argument that rears its head every 2 months and fires everyone up, what would be the best way to settle it, l know Rock07 has a good point and a proven one where he says most not all players from so called better leauges come and play in the WRFL and dont have the same impact and then some that have played in the WRFL go to other leagues and play real well.

Maybe a well paid big 2 week FA Cup style Carnival with no injuries and every player avaliable(in a perfect world)

it's an argument that will go on forever and never get resolved because everyone has a different opinion

cold pies said:
it's an argument that will go on forever and never get resolved because everyone has a different opinion

Maybe some of the powerhouse clubs could bankroll a super league with the best two sides in the higher rating leagues making a new competition called the super league. I know it will never happen, but it would be a fantastic concept.

sunline 11 said:
Maybe some of the powerhouse clubs could bankroll a super league with the best two sides in the higher rating leagues making a new competition called the super league. I know it will never happen, but it would be a fantastic concept.

Apparently Sun, there was talk of it a couple of years ago, but the biggest problem is how to promote and demote.

cold pies said:

On this point. pies you are pretty right with what your saying. Being from the Bush everyone up home still rates the WRFL lower because of years gone by. Even when I first come down here the standard wasn't as good as it is now.

By the same token, I think that your right pies in that until you actually play in the league you don't realise the standard. After playing in the bush on big grounds in good standard leagues the WRFL looked a little lacklustre. But once you get on the ground, because of the smaller grounds, the physicality is much more intense, and the game is not as free flowing. (Which suits a little fella like myself)

The problem is, its hard to compare the leagues because of so many factors, mainly the size of grounds. Two different types of football. Hope this made some sort of sense.

any chance the league could provide a record during the home and away season, every other comp has except our tight arse comp, what do they do with all the league fees clubs pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back