Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

speculator

Senior List
Jun 8, 2006
in the outback
AFL Club
Collingwood
Re: Western Region Football League team

Go Doggies said:
Rock how come you didn't play yesterday

The Rock just wanted to kick back and witness what everyone has been seeing........ The boys from Murphys doing what they do best.

Awesome team when they are in the mood to play well, options and talent to burn.thought their hardness and work rate yesterday was just about the best form of the year..... Your thoughts Rock?

Young and older blokes alike, playing with plenty of passion and desire...what did you think sKUT...seen you lurking around at 3/4 time?

Also seen a couple of Port boys there ( vfl ) any truth to the rumor they could be inclusions in your list next year?

ROCK07

Club Legend
Feb 8, 2006
port melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
cricket

Go Doggies said:
good to hear your not injured. Will be an interesting few rounds have to agree, we have a hard run home but it will be a good test. What were your thoughts on Pagan?

He seems like a nice enough guy and im sure it's difficult for him as he would be compared to his dad and i know he tries to put in alot of discipline at their club but at local level u can't put to many restraints on players as it is just local footy.

With his coaching yesterday the only thing i found strange was that j.fitzpatrick was forward [first time i have ever seen it]and d.fitzpatrick started at chb the went to fb on caddy and got towled up,i just think u put your better players forward,but in saying that our midfield was awesome yesterday and our back line superb,and allowing only 7 goals in perfect conditions on a small ground speaks for itself.
PAGAN was very glowing in his praise for us though,he thought last time we played them we looked the best team his seen in a long time and said yesterday we were even better,which is a nice compliment but i know it means nothing unless you can win the big one.

speculator

Senior List
Jun 8, 2006
in the outback
AFL Club
Collingwood

Go Doggies said:
good to hear your not injured. Will be an interesting few rounds have to agree, we have a hard run home but it will be a good test. What were your thoughts on Pagan?

My two bobs worth on Pagan is that in the seven times I have seen him play, he got more of the ball than in any other game. This resulted in the saints loosing by the biggest margin I have also seen in that time..

I doubt that he would get a game in Colts, hoppers , Sunshine , or parkside for that matter. If spotty can tolerate Beasley he would probably get a game with them.

As for he's assistant in Spargo , it makes you wonder how he played AFL also.

ROCK07

Club Legend
Feb 8, 2006
port melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
cricket

speculator said:
The Rock just wanted to kick back and witness what everyone has been seeing........ The boys from Murphys doing what they do best.

Awesome team when they are in the mood to play well, options and talent to burn.thought their hardness and work rate yesterday was just about the best form of the year..... Your thoughts Rock?

Young and older blokes alike, playing with plenty of passion and desire...what did you think sKUT...seen you lurking around at 3/4 time?

Also seen a couple of Port boys there ( vfl ) any truth to the rumor they could be inclusions in your list next year?

YES SPECCY i thought it was our best performance of the year,the plaesing thing was the four quarter effort and thats something we have been focusing on,we just have to make sure we do it against the top sides.
There wre a couple of boys from port watching yesterday that could join us next year along with a couple of gun country players but we will worry about that after we get the flag this year.

Wiggum

Debutant
Mar 14, 2006
Melb
AFL Club
Geelong

ROCK07 said:
He seems like a nice enough guy and im sure it's difficult for him as he would be compared to his dad and i know he tries to put in alot of discipline at their club but at local level u can't put to many restraints on players as it is just local footy.

With his coaching yesterday the only thing i found strange was that j.fitzpatrick was forward [first time i have ever seen it]and d.fitzpatrick started at chb the went to fb on caddy and got towled up,i just think u put your better players forward,but in saying that our midfield was awesome yesterday and our back line superb,and allowing only 7 goals in perfect conditions on a small ground speaks for itself.
PAGAN was very glowing in his praise for us though,he thought last time we played them we looked the best team his seen in a long time and said yesterday we were even better,which is a nice compliment but i know it means nothing unless you can win the big one.

It was always going to be a case of pushing sh$t up hill for the saints. couldnt match up in size (had only 1 genuine tall), and lacked the run that the colts boys had all day.

obe1

All Australian
May 17, 2006
keilor
AFL Club
Sydney

There were a couple of boys from port watching yesterday that could join us next year along with a couple of gun country players but we will worry about that after we get the flag this year.[/quote]

Are you saying back to back to back??? that would be an awesome achievement and yes it is a long way off but to quote one of the best, it would be SPEACIAL wouldn't it.

bronco27

Senior List
Feb 23, 2006
vicyoria
AFL Club
Carlton

hey rock07 I know you have always said kicking the tonne does'nt matter but do you still think your a chance with four home and away games and at least two finals to go with some good teams to play.you have got to be spewing missing the st albans game when even stevens and taylor were amonst the goal kickers.would have pencil you in for at least six.

chopsewie

Senior List
Jul 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams

ROCK07 said:
CHOPSEWIE u little beauty , u sound like a bloke that starts his day in the midfield gathers about 18 touches and about 8 marks then heads down to full forward and sits in for a bloke thats missing and does his job in a half bagging a lazy 5.5
Rock good to see your feeln better looking forward to next week now i think if we keep playing the way we played yesterday we are gonna be very hard to stop. Us strawberry blondes have to stick together son one of us has to get the second backman i recon itll be me you ripper :D

chopsewie

Senior List
Jul 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams

bronco27 said:
hey rock07 I know you have always said kicking the tonne does'nt matter but do you still think your a chance with four home and away games and at least two finals to go with some good teams to play.you have got to be spewing missing the st albans game when even stevens and taylor were amonst the goal kickers.would have pencil you in for at least six.
What about Taylors bork and bounce what a moment in wrfl footy

bronco27

Senior List
Feb 23, 2006
vicyoria
AFL Club
Carlton

chopsewie said:
What about Taylors bork and bounce what a moment in wrfl footy
good to see the old twinkle toes Taylor smileing and having a bit of fun in his old age.:D

ROCK07

Club Legend
Feb 8, 2006
port melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
cricket

bronco27 said:

look bronco i said i would have love to kick the ton but with seddon folding and me not playing yesterday it will make it difficult but it's still a possabilty,im yet to kick double figures all year,so this week i might just do it ,but in the end i just want to be playing in another premiership.
i doubt weather i would have got 6 yesterday mate the way i felt i wouldn't have got a kick in the u/13's

ROCK07

Club Legend
Feb 8, 2006
port melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
cricket

chopsewie said:
Rock good to see your feeln better looking forward to next week now i think if we keep playing the way we played yesterday we are gonna be very hard to stop. Us strawberry blondes have to stick together son one of us has to get the second backman i recon itll be me you ripper :D

your right buddy us blondies have to stick together,it was a great performance yesterday and a good way to bounce back,now we must continue it into the finals.
i was hopping it would be me to get the second backmen,seeing im the old bloke
how about squizzy taylor dodging and weaving his way through traffic like a rabbit and without cracking a smile all day.

duckduckgoose

Rookie
May 30, 2006
Balwyn
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

ROCK07 said:
your right buddy us blondies have to stick together,it was a great performance yesterday and a good way to bounce back,now we must continue it into the finals.
i was hopping it would be me to get the second backmen,seeing im the old bloke
how about squizzy taylor dodging and weaving his way through traffic like a rabbit and without cracking a smile all day.

i think before you can win finals rock07 you have to realise you are not blonde you are RED You have red hair please stop pretending to be blonde accept it you are RED i have red hair and im proud of it

Travvy43

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2005
Tongala
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks

chopsewie said:
Now now son ive played it all Tongala when Brad campbell was coaching was the worst senior side i have ever seen play ask braD S FATHER Des of course the footy is gonna look good when the side your playing against kicks 35 goals every week . Its good to see you played for your town but mate the o and m pumped gv up n till two years ago when salary cap in o and m was becoming a legal problem all big guns had to head south and play gv. They are only getting back into it now. A good metro side would pump one of the finest bush sides because the bush side would have six or seven of the finest park footballers in the country and after that drops away rapidly .A metro side has six guns eight solid footballers and seven goers this comes with population. Have a think about it mate would you have got a game for echuca in there hay days i doubt it!

Now chop chop,

There are a few holes in your research here, you may have already picked out a few as i have noticed you have already edited it!

First of all, you may have not read my initially post propery. I did not list the best coach as Brad Campbell, he was in the best player (i played with) section. Thats ok though, easy mistake.

I was not playing at Tonny under Bradley's coaching, so my opinion was not based on those days. How could i expect you to know that though? So we will mark that down as another easy mistake to make.

Lets move on, your statement about the O&M pumping the GV up until 2 years ago. Now let me process this comment, so by this you are saying that up until 2004 the 0&M pumped the GV each time they played each other. Um.... in 2003 the GV defeated the O&M: 53 to 38. Now this one is public information, so it cannot be marked down as an easy mistake.

Also your statement about the BIG guns moving from an O&M club to a GV club, a list of these would be appreciated. Just for my own information.

I can see your point with the country teams v metro teams, however my opinion has not changed. If the corresponding teams on the WRFL and GV ladder played each other, the GV team would win each time.

Thats all for now.

duckduckgoose

Rookie
May 30, 2006
Balwyn
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Travvy43 said:
Now chop chop,

There are a few holes in your research here, you may have already picked out a few as i have noticed you have already edited it!

First of all, you may have not read my initially post propery. I did not list the best coach as Brad Campbell, he was in the best player (i played with) section. Thats ok though, easy mistake.

I was not playing at Tonny under Bradley's coaching, so my opinion was not based on those days. How could i expect you to know that though? So we will mark that down as another easy mistake to make.

Lets move on, your statement about the O&M pumping the GV up until 2 years ago. Now let me process this comment, so by this you are saying that up until 2004 the 0&M pumped the GV each time they played each other. Um.... in 2003 the GV defeated the O&M: 53 to 38. Now this one is public information, so it cannot be marked down as an easy mistake.

Also your statement about the BIG guns moving from an O&M club to a GV club, a list of these would be appreciated. Just for my own information.

I can see your point with the country teams v metro teams, however my opinion has not changed. If the corresponding teams on the WRFL and GV ladder played each other, the GV team would win each time.

Thats all for now.

GOLD:thumbsu: . put this bloke back in his box. chopsewie has been in this league for 2 minutes and thinks he knows the ins and outs just because you got a kick against a second rate team does not make you a champ. chump.:thumbsdown:

Travvy43

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2005
Tongala
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks

chopsewie said:
of course the footy is gonna look good when the side your playing against kicks 35 goals every week

Found a bit more info for you here choppy:

May 11th 2003- Tongala played one of the league powerhouses in Echuca who were the eventual Grand finalists. The margin was a solid 110 points in the Murray Bombers favour, a flogging. (**Let us know if you want the goal kickers and best players on the day)

So your assumption from the quote above was 100 points out, that was against one of the leagues top two teams.

Let us know if you want me to run through the other results to see if they all equal out to this 35 goal per week margin.

Tonny also won three games that year :eek:, so if you want a detailed analysis those wins and margins will be factored in.

Warm regards

sunline 11

Cancelled
May 29, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon

Good afternoon to all, I would like to find out a few opinions on something that happened at the game of football I participated in on the weekend. Hoppers V Altona, We all lined up to play and just before the bounce every player( apart from the on ballers) for Altona ran down to our forward line, leaving every Altona player in our forward 50, after we won the first clearance then even there on ballers ran into our forward 50. This happened for 2 out of the 4 quarters. which made for an very ugly game of football and speaking to one of the players from altona, he said he didn't want to play if they were going to play like that. Also speaking to a supporter after the game and hearing there thoughts, they were disgusted with the coaches tactics. Brought a new meaning to flooding:thumbsdown: .

Iknowfooty

Senior List
May 17, 2006
Corowa
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Corowa/Rutherglen

ROCK07 said:
look bronco i said i would have love to kick the ton but with seddon folding and me not playing yesterday it will make it difficult but it's still a possabilty,im yet to kick double figures all year,so this week i might just do it ,but in the end i just want to be playing in another premiership.
i doubt weather i would have got 6 yesterday mate the way i felt i wouldn't have got a kick in the u/13's

Hey Rock speaking of Under 13s was down the Burra yesterday watching a bit of the juniors. Caught some of the Under 12s they had a great win against Nth Footscray. I new the coaches face, has been around a long time. He was very excited with his players after the game.

bronco27

Senior List
Feb 23, 2006
vicyoria
AFL Club
Carlton

Travvy43 said:

Thats all for now.
hey travvy you say in one line lets move on and then four lines down the track you bring up the same old s hit who gives a f uck which league is better this site is about wrfl so lets keep it at that if you want to talk up each others league start up a new thread so you can argue to your blue in the face it's not going to change what the other bloke thinks cheers.
p.s. I notice a few sunshine players at colts v's st albans game was that the coaches idea or was it just a couple of mates who did there own thing.

cold pies

Senior List
Jun 2, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn

chopsewie might have upset a few people with his thoughts, travvy never seen you get so upset on here before, chin up buddy

Travvy43

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2005
Tongala
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks

bronco27 said:
who gives a f uck which league is better this site is about wrfl so lets keep it at that if you want to talk up each others league start up a new thread so you can argue to your blue in the face it's not going to change what the other bloke thinks cheers.
p.s. I notice a few sunshine players at colts v's st albans game was that the coaches idea or was it just a couple of mates who did there own thing.

Hey Bronc, mate i was just responding to a question that was put to me, then others argued the points i responded with.

I agree though, comparisons of any kind are a waste of time, best league, toughest team, teams from different eras, etc.

I know the coach went to watch Parkside and yeah i think a few blokes got together to watch the Colts game.

cmat26

Senior List
Jun 19, 2006
Altona Meadows
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Spurs

sunline 11 said:
Good afternoon to all, I would like to find out a few opinions on something that happened at the game of football I participated in on the weekend. Hoppers V Altona, We all lined up to play and just before the bounce every player( apart from the on ballers) for Altona ran down to our forward line, leaving every Altona player in our forward 50, after we won the first clearance then even there on ballers ran into our forward 50. This happened for 2 out of the 4 quarters. which made for an very ugly game of football and speaking to one of the players from altona, he said he didn't want to play if they were going to play like that. Also speaking to a supporter after the game and hearing there thoughts, they were disgusted with the coaches tactics. Brought a new meaning to flooding:thumbsdown: .

Yup. Saw it. And although unorthadox, it had to be tried. Didn't work as well as they would have hoped, but worked none-the-less. Considering the last meeting between the two sides resulted in a 30 goal thumping, we had to try something.

I don't think it was that ugly a game either. Sure it was congested when Hoppers kicked with the wind, but when we had it, we play attacking footy and tried to kick a few goals. And IMHO, the scoreboard didn't truely reflect how tight and competitive the game was.

Altona have impressed me this year. Apart from a couple of real hidings, we have been pretty competitive. The average age of our list is about 22, and there wouldn't be a "regular" senior player above the age of 28. Things look pretty good for the future.

I reckon I can pick the supporter who canned the tactic, but the player on the other hand I can't. PM his number to me if you can remember.

But anyway, the look on Frostys face when all the guys ran back was priceless. Worth it just for that I reckon.

Travvy43

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2005
Tongala
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks

sunline 11 said:

So Sunline, you say this happened for two out of the four quarters, was it windy? I notice they kicked 6 goals in the second quarter which is a good effort, but was this with the aid of a decent breeze?

cmat26

Senior List
Jun 19, 2006
Altona Meadows
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Spurs

Travvy43 said:
So Sunline, you say his happened for two out of the four quarters, was it windy? I notice they kicked 6 goals in the second quarter which is a good effort, but was this with the aid of a decent breeze?

Probably worth 4 I'd say.

Travvy43

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2005
Tongala
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks

bronco27 said:
hey travvy you say in one line lets move on and then four lines down the track you bring up the same old s hit

You have read the "lets move on out" of context here bronc. By lets move on, i meant, now lets look at the next point raised in the comments that were posted.

Apologies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back