Western Vultures Board

Remove this Banner Ad

VULTURES PRIMED FOR PREMIERSHIP TILT

Coach sante is about to enter his 8th season as senior coach of the Vultures and he admits that he is starting to feel the pressure of the lack of success in recent years. When first arriving at the Vultures, it didn't take sante long to get his team up the top but they failed to snare a flag and ever since, it's been a long, tough road to get that opportunity again.

For the first time in 3/4 years the Vultures feel they can have a decent crack at winning the ultimate prize in footy. They've added plenty of midfield depth and new recruits Travis Boak, Jarrad McVeigh and Tendai Mzungu add to the already attractive midfield of Stanton, Priddis and Steven. Youngsters in Wallis, Savage and Harper are also expected to make a big impact in 2013.

In 2012, the Vultures finally returned to the finals but were unable to pass the first round, the club quickly moved on from the heartbreaking exit and looked forward to the trading/bidding phase where their main focus was to get depth. With just the drafts to come the Western Vultures are primed to make an assault on the 2013 flag and finally deliver that elusive premiership.

2013 BEST 22

B: C. Young - A. Rance - J. Grimes
HB: P. Hanley - J. Gwilt - S. Morris
C: B. Stanton - M. Priddis - M. Wallis
HF: K. Harper - C. Mayne - J. McVeigh
F: S. Edwards - K. Tippett - T. Mzungu

1R: D. Cox - J. Steven - T. Boak
Sub: S. Savage

Reserves

B: W. Sierakowski - Joel MacDonald - M. Jaensch
HB: M. Baguley - B. Wilson - K. Cheney
C: Leroy Jetta - M. Arnot - A. Riley
HF: P. Karnezis - L. Casboult - B. Sinclair
F: P. Puopolo - M. Hallahan - S. Ross

1R: B. Griffiths - L. Neale - K. Hunt

Rest: L. Hunter - M. Jones - C. Williams

VULTURES BEGIN 2013 WITH A BANG

The Vultures have promised a lot to its fans this off-season and so far it looks like they can deliver. They went through the NAB Cup without a loss including the GF victory, becoming Pre-Season champions. But the club wouldn't let it get to them as Round 1 was just around the corner.

First up was a match against the highly rated Melbourne which saw the Vultures continue their winning form with a comfortable win.

2013 could be the year the Vultures finally deliver the much anticipated premiership.

Vultures link success with brilliant off-season

The Western Vultures will be playing in the Grand Final next week after years of being a middle of the road team, the Vultures have made the jump and it was a big one. After returning to finals in 2012, the club chose to attack the off season hard and bring depth and talent into the squad to have a crack at the ultimate. The season started off very well after winning the Pre-Season comp without losing a match, now we reach the final 2 weeks of the season and the Vultures are having their 2nd week off in 3 weeks.

Its been a massive year, the added midfield depth of Boak, McVeigh, Mzungu and Hanley off of the HB line is where they see the fortunes for 2013 changing. All 4 have had huge seasons along with the improvements from Mayne, Rance, Edwards, Puopolo and Savage. All of this added to guns in Cox, Priddis and Stanton meant the Vultures had to be a huge threat in 2013.

The club has managed to keep it pretty low key all year and no one has really expected their surge to be how it has. They were entrenched inside the top 8 all season and a majority of it was inside the top 3 or 4, yet they were still going unnoticed. Added to that they also were clearly the best scoring team throughout the year including finals and the pre season competition.

It's the flag that many thought was close but still a year or 2 away, but dreams and hope may be coming early for the Vultures fans, as early as next weekend!

Vultures 2013 Delistings

Joel MacDonald
Will Sierakowski
Ben Griffiths
Kyle Cheney
Luke McGuane
Patrick McCarthy*
Mitchell Wilkins*

We feel as though a few of these boys are quite unlucky but that's the nature of the game, we need to turnover and bring in 3 players through the draft every season and also the addition of Harry O through the bidding process means there will always be some unlucky players. Some will be considered to be redrafted with our later picks or even PSD #2 if there are no successful bids.

Current Best Line-Up

B: H. Shaw - Rance - J. Grimes
HB: Hanley - Lumumba - McVeigh
C: Stanton - Priddis - Steven
HF: Savage - Tippett - Mayne
F: Puopolo - J. White - Neale

1R: Cox - Boak - Liberatore

Sub: Michie

Others: Kerridge, Karnezis, Harper, M. Jones, Morris, Arnot

Last edited:
UNDEFEATED VULTURES ON ROAD TO BACK TO BACK FLAGS

After winning their first AFLTM Premiership in 2013, it wouldn't have been too surprising to see the Vultures slow down and have an indifferent start to 2014, or the more cliche line of a premiership hangover.

Instead, the club enjoyed their win and moved onto 2014, with a busy off season. Trading out some players in questionable trades, but it was the bidding strategy that has helped the Vultures maintain their competition leading stance.

When asking coach sante, what he thinks has held his club at the top in what is so far an undefeated 11-0 to hold his club clear at the top of the ladder he responded with "The older statesman. Cox, Priddis and Stanton are just keeping on, they're leading from the front and bringing the younger players with them. They're meant to be declining at this stage of their careers, but they've been terrific all season."

UNDEFEATED VULTURES ON ROAD TO BACK TO BACK FLAGS

After winning their first AFLTM Premiership in 2013, it wouldn't have been too surprising to see the Vultures slow down and have an indifferent start to 2014, or the more cliche line of a premiership hangover.

Instead, the club enjoyed their win and moved onto 2014, with a busy off season. Trading out some players in questionable trades, but it was the bidding strategy that has helped the Vultures maintain their competition leading stance.

When asking coach sante, what he thinks has held his club at the top in what is so far an undefeated 11-0 to hold his club clear at the top of the ladder he responded with "The older statesman. Cox, Priddis and Stanton are just keeping on, they're leading from the front and bringing the younger players with them. They're meant to be declining at this stage of their careers, but they've been terrific all season."

Been reading your thread. Great to read someone that has stuck at a fantasy footy club for 8 seasons. Sounds like you finally won a flag. Interesting to see you had Robbie Gray and Kade Simpson at some stages but not now. What happened there ? How and why did they leave ? Is your team in this years Grand Final ?

Been reading your thread. Great to read someone that has stuck at a fantasy footy club for 8 seasons. Sounds like you finally won a flag. Interesting to see you had Robbie Gray and Kade Simpson at some stages but not now. What happened there ? How and why did they leave ? Is your team in this years Grand Final ?

Pretty random but cheers. Yeah I had Gray and Simpson pretty early on so I think I may have gave them up pretty cheap. From memory I may have got Dayne Beams from the Gray trade who I don't have anymore anyway. Can't remember why, but yeah I ended up with a premiership last season so it worked out.

I made the Prelim final which was the weekend just gone, no idea if I got through though.

You should look at joining the league for next season

Pretty random but cheers. Yeah I had Gray and Simpson pretty early on so I think I may have gave them up pretty cheap. From memory I may have got Dayne Beams from the Gray trade who I don't have anymore anyway. Can't remember why, but yeah I ended up with a premiership last season so it worked out.

I made the Prelim final which was the weekend just gone, no idea if I got through though.

You should look at joining the league for next season

Cool, I see you did win prelim then back to back premierships!!!
Well done.

I probably won't have time to join as already created two other games I play. Mostly around supercoach type scoring so less familar with AFL Fantasy type scores but the general way of list management for keeper leagues are the same regardless of scoring systems.

I managed to win premiership too last weekend with no Rockliff, no March Murphy, no Fyfe and no Steve Johnson. Still stunned. I thought I was a goner. That was only a seasonal draft game though. My keeper league team missed finals by less than one percent..he he. I dropped Cooney my last round and he scored over 100 which would have been enough of boost in my scoring for me to make finals by percentage. The very time my captain Jobe Watson was just about to come back for finals. I suspect you had similar things happen over 8 or so seasons :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back