Western Warriors - 2014/15 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty keen on Bancroft's future prospects. Has had a difficult transition to first class cricket, but there's been a few innings of genuine substance there that show why he was very close the best U19 batsman in the world a few years back.

I really liked Bosisto's temperament throughout the U19 world cup. Like Bancroft has had a very difficult time of it in the step up to domestic crikcet, but hopefully it will hold him in good stead to come good eventually.

Is Alex Malcolm in the selectors minds at all? Was reportedly on the verge of being called up for the Shield final last year.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2014/content/current/story/780175.html
Murray Goodwin has brought the curtain down on a 20-year professional career with the announcement he will retire at the end of this season for Glamorgan.

Goodwin made his first-class debut in the 1994-95 season for Western Australia in a tour match against England at the WACA where he hit 91 and 77. In 1998 he made his Test debut for his native Zimbabwe, against Sri Lanka in Kandy, and collected 19 appearances during which he averaged 42.84
Retirement bodes well for Muzza.

Boys doing well again against UAE, have them 5/102 in the 28th over.

Tye has 3 wickets, off-spinner Millar has 2.

Also interesting that Bosisto has bowled 6 overs of his spin (0/17). Could become a more realistic option in all formats if he can be the 'North' and bowl some handy overs of spin.

WA ended up winning by nine wickets with 74 balls remaining. Harris was out for 121 probably trying to finish the game as he hit a six off the previous ball which was the first ball of the over. Towers then finished the game off two balls later to help WA to a comprehensive victory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit concerned Towers still gets a guernsey in games like this - he's always going to look like a million bucks at this level without pushing any further.
Yeah I do question why Jaron Morgan was 12th man. He's the future!

Yeah I do question why Jaron Morgan was 12th man. He's the future!

Saw him play yesterday in an u19's scratchy. Very dismissive of anything over pitched. Think he ended up with 40-odd.

I thought maybe that's why he didn't play, but Towers played in that game as well (they were short on a few numbers), so that can't be why.

Would he write his own reports on cricinfo?

Not entirely sure, but am I right in thinking the Alex Malcolm who plays for Subi-Floreat =/= the journalist who writes for AFL.com.au, cricinfo and is on Sportfm?

I'm confused!

Our squad has been named for the ODDs...

WA Squad

Adam Voges (c), Ashton Agar, Cameron Bancroft, Michael Beer, Jason Behrendorff, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Marcus Harris, Michael Klinger, Simon Mackin, Joel Paris, Nathan Rimmington, Craig Simmons, Ashton Turner, Andrew Tye, Sam Whiteman

WA Fixtures

Wednesday 8 October, WA v SA, Gabba
Saturday 11 October, WA v Tasmania, Gabba
Monday 13 October, WA v Tasmania, North Sydney
Wednesday 15 October, WA v NSW, Drummoyne
Friday 17 October, WA v SA, Bankstown
Sunday 19 October, WA v Victoria, Drummoyne
Wednesday 22 October, WA v Queensland, Bankstown

So based on the squad, I'd like to see...

Craig Simmons
Cameron Bancroft
Michael Klinger
Adam Voges (c)
Sam Whiteman (+)
Ashton Turner
Nathan Coulter-Nile
Andrew Tye
Nathan Rimmington
Jason Behrendorff
Michael Beer

May seem short on batting, but I don't think Harris will provide us with much more than Coulter-Nile/Tye anyway. Could easily insert Harris for Bancroft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back