Western Warriors - Official 2013/14 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out Mitch Marsh should have put his name in the IPL auction

Lewis told the Northern Echo: "Signing someone is a bit like wading through treacle and I don't think the rules help.

"It would be nice to give an opportunity to an up-and-coming player, but they have to have played two Tests in the last year or 15 one-day internationals or T20s.

"We looked at New Zealand's Corey Anderson, but he's going to the IPL and we want someone for the full season. It would be nice to have Jacques Kallis, but I don't think that's going to happen.

"To fill Ben Stokes's role would be really difficult, so we are primarily looking for a bowler who is a strong lower order batsman.

"Everyone at the club wants it to happen and we are making progress, so hope it will be sorted in the next couple of weeks."

Lewis revealed that Western Australia's Mitchell Marsh had been a target, but he has not played enough international cricket to meet the regulations.

http://www1.skysports.com/cricket/n...ns-durham-on-the-lookout-for-overseas-signing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very pleased that we've made the final, although the traveling finalist inevitably has a very tough time of it with the pitch being a road. Hard to believe we've made it considering how flaky the side is, but it's particularly nice to see such strong performances by Marsh and Agar.

Not sure we deserve to be in the Final on the back of two consecutive losses but hell its been 15 years, just glad to make it.

Our young batsmen really are a worry. Talk about a bare cupboard.

Not sure we deserve to be in the Final on the back of two consecutive losses but hell its been 15 years, just glad to make it.

I don't think we deserved it based on the last two games of cricket we played even though we got ourselves back into this one quite well in the end. Hopefully we make a game of it.....none of these all out for under 100 efforts.

Does that mean Victoria deserve it because they were undefeated in the last 3? Of course not

I don't think we deserved it based on the last two games of cricket we played even though we got ourselves back into this one quite well in the end. Hopefully we make a game of it.....none of these all out for under 100 efforts.

Of course we deserve to be there - take a look at how inconsistent the other states were!

Any chance we get NCN back?

No he's obviously going to be in Bangladesh for the T20 World Cup.

The West reporting this morning that John Rogers is a possibility to come in to boost the top order.... I can think of a few on here who wouldn't be so pleased about that haha. Mitch Marsh a possibility to play as a batsman only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back