Western Warriors - Official 2013/14 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what does everyone think about the Marcus North retirement? I am personally not surprised after hearing some of his comments in a press conference about a month ago. Good career though and went out on his own terms which is good.

Pretty massive but it was nice to see him come out on a personal on field high.

Really damages our top order though. We need to recruit a player from the eastern states now.

Pretty massive but it was nice to see him come out on a personal on field high.

Really damages our top order though. We need to recruit a player from the eastern states now.

Said it before but Travis Head may be headed your way, but i'd say you may want someone more experienced than him.

So what does everyone think about the Marcus North retirement? I am personally not surprised after hearing some of his comments in a press conference about a month ago. Good career though and went out on his own terms which is good.

Thought he might have a crack at the Test team again, given his form.

Michael Klinger
Shaun Marsh
Adam Voges (c)
Mitch Marsh
Sam Whiteman (+)
Ashton Agar
Nathan Coulter-Nile
Jason Behrendorff
Michael Hogan

You'd have to say those last two spots are the ones up for grabs. Any suggestions besides the incumbents? I know Alex Malcolm smashed a lot of runs at the end of the Grade season.

Michael Klinger
Shaun Marsh
Adam Voges (c)
Mitch Marsh
Sam Whiteman (+)
Ashton Agar
Nathan Coulter-Nile
Jason Behrendorff
Michael Hogan

You'd have to say those last two spots are the ones up for grabs. Any suggestions besides the incumbents? I know Alex Malcolm smashed a lot of runs at the end of the Grade season.
Bancroft and Turner?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meant Bosisto :p
FWIW I'd be happy to begin the Shield season with Turner at 6; Bancroft opening less so, he undid all his good early season work late. Reckon we'll have a better option somewhere. Who isn't Stoinis of course. :p

FWIW I'd be happy to begin the Shield season with Turner at 6; Bancroft opening less so, he undid all his good early season work late. Reckon we'll have a better option somewhere. Who isn't Stoinis of course. :p

Harris or Bancroft will be persisted with as opener, I'd assume. Can't dump all the kids at once.

Michael Klinger
Shaun Marsh
Adam Voges (c)
Mitch Marsh
Sam Whiteman (+)
Ashton Agar
Nathan Coulter-Nile
Jason Behrendorff
Michael Hogan

I'd be inclined to lean Malcolm's way as an opener. I imagine JL would have seen debuting him in the Final as too risky, but he's always been about rewarding decent grade performances.

Six is a bit of a raffle - Turner, Bancroft, Bosisto and Jaron Morgan could all be in with a solid claim depending on winter performance/early-season form. I'd be inclined to stick with Turner.

Very happy picking up Maxy though.

Harris or Bancroft will be persisted with as opener, I'd assume. Can't dump all the kids at once.
It's not about 'dumping the kids', it's about taking that one step further next season. I'm happy to persist with a youngster at 6 but by the end of the season our openers were cannon fodder. Need to change things at the top; Klinger helps, obviously.

I do like how quickly and aggressively we've gone after a quality replacement for North (assuming this wasn't in the works pre-retirement)

It's not about 'dumping the kids', it's about taking that one step further next season. I'm happy to persist with a youngster at 6 but by the end of the season our openers were cannon fodder. Need to change things at the top; Klinger helps, obviously.
If Klinger can have a good season it will take a lot of pressure off our younger players. Mitch Marsh has to keep improving too. This season was his best year for Shield batting output since his very first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back