Western Warriors - Official 2013/14 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Such a shame Langer couldn't lean on the Katman for one last blast at first class cricket.
In an ideal world, our team this season could have been...

Marcus North
Simon Katich
Shaun Marsh
Adam Voges
Mike Hussey
Mitch Marsh
Sam Whiteman (+)
Ashton Agar
Nathan Coulter-Nile
Jason Behrendorff
Michael Hogan

That side would beat a lot of international teams IMO.

Marcus North
Simon Katich
Shaun Marsh
Adam Voges
Mike Hussey
Mitch Marsh
Sam Whiteman (+)
Ashton Agar
Nathan Coulter-Nile
Jason Behrendorff
Michael Hogan

That seam bowling line-up is very good.

Marcus North
Simon Katich
Shaun Marsh
Adam Voges
Mike Hussey
Mitch Marsh
Sam Whiteman (+)
Ashton Agar
Nathan Coulter-Nile
Jason Behrendorff
Michael Hogan

If we didn't have so many injuries at the start of the summer you could have added Johnson to that for Hogan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I beg to differ. In my mind having seen him since Lillee fixed his action, Inverarity and co were always going to pick Johnson.
I'll admit I wouldn't have had him at the start of the summer, I would have had Faulkner, but I think Bird would have gotten first go if fit

I beg to differ. In my mind having seen him since Lillee fixed his action, Inverarity and co were always going to pick Johnson.

They must have wanted him more than Bird at the very least after seeing him bowl in England and India. And even though Starc got a five for at the WACA last time they played SA, from what I saw of that SA batting innings, Johnson bowled a lot better than him. We'll never know how the selectors woiuld have gone with a fullly fit squad of bowlers to choose from.

They must have wanted him more than Bird at the very least after seeing him bowl in England and India. And even though Starc got a five for at the WACA last time they played SA, from what I saw of that SA batting innings, Johnson bowled a lot better than him. We'll never know how the selectors woiuld have gone with a fullly fit squad of bowlers to choose from.

At the ground Johnson quite easily bowled better than Starc.

So was listening to the radio today and heard Sam Whiteman's dad is named Richard, or Rich for short. Not the best shortened version of his name I would have thought personally, going around and introducing yourself as 'Rich Whiteman' wouldn't go down well in some sections of the community.

So was listening to the radio today and heard Sam Whiteman's dad is named Richard, or Rich for short. Not the best shortened version of his name I would have thought personally, going around and introducing yourself as 'Rich Whiteman' wouldn't go down well in some sections of the community.

Especially in Bunbury.

I remember last year there being a fair bit of talk about how much of a shambles WA cricket was, and now 12 months on, they're top of the Shield table with two rounds to play, with the top runs scorer (Marcus North) and top wicket taker (Michael Hogan).

It started to get turned around under Micky Arthur, than he left and Stevens took over and couldn't keep things going. Since Langer's come in though he's really started to turn things around and the youth push that seems to have taken place the last few years is really paying off as well.

article-waca-420x0.jpg

The best scoreboard in the country turns 60 today.:thumbsu:

Crazy opening day in the Future's league match, 22 wickets all up in a day

http://waca.com.au/other/news_detail.php?ID=3407

WA 123 (Towers 30, Beaton 29; Dukoski 6-41) & 2-43 (Rogers 19no, Towers 13; Devoy 1-3) v ACT Comets 177 (Dean 69, Condon 29; Tye 6-53, Rimmington 2-37), Chisholm Oval

http://livescores.cricket.com.au/scoreboard_2937_11.html

We wound up winning by 43 runs, mainly thanks to Jake Fawcett's 126 (Does he or Beaton qualify as the forgotten man of WA cricket?) and 10 wickets and a run a ball 38 from AJ Tye.

The thought of bringing Tye in for Duff if NCN isn't fit is very tempting. Beer also deserves another shot over Agar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back