Teams Wests Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

The best part of that article is the bottoms bit where it says Shannon "Nepotism" McDonnell has been granted a release.

Him and his old man s**t me no end. Waste of space.
Need to comment here meltiger :):):):drunk:

Funny you say that. I remember seeing him a few times in the NRL and being singularly unimpressed, and was quite surprised that Saints wanted him back. Which almost made some of the more paranoid conspiracy theories floating about re Hohaia's departure being stage-managed seem even more implausible. If it was was all some dastardly plan to get Saints a new full-back (given Lomax's will-he-wont-he ever get back to full fitness), couldn't they come up with someone better?

Funny you say that. I remember seeing him a few times in the NRL and being singularly unimpressed, and was quite surprised that Saints wanted him back. Which almost made some of the more paranoid conspiracy theories floating about re Hohaia's departure being stage-managed seem even more implausible. If it was was all some dastardly plan to get Saints a new full-back (given Lomax's will-he-wont-he ever get back to full fitness), couldn't they come up with someone better?
Myself, a former front rower standing at 6'3" and weighing about 140kgs now would be a better option at fullback than Shannon McFloggal ever was.

WTF was last night?
Between the Giants and the Tigers in 170 minutes of football they managed to score a total of 14 points.
What a joke.

I watched the Tigers game last night (albeit with the sound turned down). I didn't think the Tigers were that bad, to be honest, just that the Roosters were very impressive. I'm no Roosters fan, far from it, but I thought they were excellent in everything they did; they ran hard, tackled well, and they have a class act in Maloney to turn possession into points.

The Wests Tigers Board announced the resignation of CEO Grant Mayer, effective immediately.

Wests Tigers Chair Marina Go thanked Mayer for his stewardship of the Football Club for the last two years.

“Wests Tigers would like to thank Grant for his diligence and dedication to the Club", Go said.

"We look to take the next step in our evolution and a fresh approach to take us to the next level as a professional, world-class sporting organisation.

"Wests Tigers is looking forward to achieving the goals that are critical for a successful future for the Club, both on-field and off-field.”

Head of Football Phil Moss will be acting CEO until a replacement is found.

Professional search firm Crown & Marks has been engaged to find a replacement.

The Club will be making no further comment at this time.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2015/06/15/wests_tigers_stateme.html

Throughout juniors, I've always thought that Moses was the better exponent of the drop goal.
Don't know when it changed to Brookso_Oo_O:drunk:

Question for you
Do you consider the Merger of 1999 the death of 2 clubs in Balmain & Magpies?

Did the merger favour one club over the other?

Question for you
Do you consider the Merger of 1999 the death of 2 clubs in Balmain & Magpies?

Did the merger favour one club over the other?

JOINT VENTURE NOT MERGER
You'd get a much better opinion from meltiger about that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was more a merger than the other options.

Canterbury swallowing Western Suburbs & Parramatta Tigers wearing Blue & Gold.

In hindsight, both options would have been better for the comp. Until recently with 2 equal partners the pissing matches at board level from both clubs have held the club back incredibly. Canterbury taking over the Sth West & Parramatta getting a marketable logo and the two incompetent foundation clubs failing would have been far better

Wests fans have long bitched about how hard done by they are, but short of calling the club Western Suburbs Magpies there was no pleasing the imbeciles. Most Balmain fans (not me) have preached the 'one club' bs.

In the end Wests won anyway.

Going forward, with Balmain ****ed over by Labor at state level, and the Greens at Council level, the Leagues club will fall over, & over the next 12 months we will see the club become more Magpies than Tigers given they are the only ones funding the club now. The rebranding has already begun with the clubs colours. Black jersey home, white grey black with a sliver of gold away.

It is what it is. The NRL board members will try to keep the name 'Tigers' in there and many will continue to support what is essentially Western Suburbs now. Whether they survive the long term? Depends whether Ashfield's attitude to the Sth West has changed. If they revert back to pre JV attitude toward the Sth West the club will fail again.

Last edited:
Easily. If they've front loaded the contracts for their young guns, they'd go pretty close.
So in other words terrible management.

The only young guns worthy of being on heavy front loaded contracts are Tedesco, Taupau & Woods. The others are either unproven or have fair too many question marks about them to earn such contracts.

Of the senior boys Farah would be the only one worthy of big dollars as well.

Just shocking mismanagement.

Stupid management from Meyer means that WT are still paying part contracts on Adam Blair, Bodene Thompson, etc.
It was one of the main reason why Marika Koribete is no longer a tiger.
IN-FIGHTING HAS LEAD TO INCOMPETENCE.
HOW ELSE DO LEAKS OCCUR.

I tried to follow the storm, but that lasted until Kearney and Bai tried to kill Jarrod McCracken in a spear tackle in 2000.
Whilst there is some skerrick of Balmain left, I'll support them.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-bid-to-buy-wests-tigers-20150813-giykws.html

Balmain has welcomed the prospect of Meriton magnate Harry Triguboff privatising Wests Tigers, believing it could provide a lifeline for the foundation club to remain in the partnership.
Fairfax Media revealed Triguboff, a long-term club sponsor considered one of the world's wealthiest businessmen, is considering buying the Tigers. Triguboff has a strong connection to Balmain but has made it clear he will only buy in if he is capable of owning the entire NRL franchise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back